Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2003 6:06:16 PM EDT
'Scuse me while I go and mourn for the memory of one of my favorite films.

[url]http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1471896/20030515/snoop_dogg.jhtml?headlines=true[/url]

Snoop Dogg, Method Man Get Onboard 'Airplane!' Remake

05.15.2003 5:34 PM EDT

Snoop Dogg seems to be as down with the remake as he is with the remix. He's currently shooting a big-screen version of "Starsky & Hutch," and now he's signed up with Method Man for a remake of "Airplane!" called "Soul Plane."

Snoop will play a pilot in MGM's upcoming urban version of the 1980 satirical farce starring Robert Hays ("Dr. T & the Women") and featuring Leslie Nielsen ("The Naked Gun"), with Meth onboard as his best friend Muggsy. A spokesperson for Snoop said the rapper will begin work on the flick in June. Jessy Terrero, who helmed the clip for Snoop's "Tell It Like It Is" as well as 50 Cent's "Wanksta," will direct (see "Six Months After 'Wanksta,' L.A.'s A Different World For 50 Cent").

Snoop is playing Huggy Bear in "Starsky & Hutch," which reunites the "Zoolander" duo of Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson as the hip cops with the cool car from the '70s TV show (see " 'Starsky And Hutch' Director Wants Snoop To Play Huggy Bear"). The project was written and is being directed by Todd Phillips ("Old School").

Method Man has a number of projects lined up with his pal Redman, including one in which they'll play a couple of DEA agents and another that's a fish-out-of-water comedy from "Barbershop" co-writer Don Scott (see "Vince Vaughn, Method Man No Longer Co-Stars").

The original "Airplane!" spawned a sequel in 1982, but without writer/directors Jim Abrahams and David Zucker's direct involvement. Abrahams, who directed Nielsen's "Police Squad!" TV series, went on to make the similarly over-the-top and exclamation-point-titled comedies "Top Secret!," "Hot Shots!," "Hot Shots! Part Deux" and "Jane Austen's Mafia!" as well as the "Naked Gun" series, working on and off with Zucker.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 3:10:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I thought Snoop was still doing those "girls on video" tapes?
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 3:13:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Whoah...
That dude's dead?
Didn't know that...
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 3:17:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Whoah...
That dude's dead?
Didn't know that...
View Quote

Yeah, bummer.
In his immortal words
"full cavity search, and go deep"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top