Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/15/2003 1:52:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/15/2003 2:08:16 PM EDT by ZRH]
This pretty much says it all: God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the [b]courage to change the things I can[/b] and, the wisdom to know the difference. Or this: PROPERLY EQUIPPED Regardless of how you feel about gun laws you gotta love this!!!! This is one of the best comeback lines of all time. It is a portion of a National Public Radio (NPR) interview between a female broadcaster and US Marine Corps General Reinwald who was about to sponsor a Boy Scout Troop visiting his military installation. FEMALE INTERVIEWER: So, General Reinwald, what things are you going to teach these young boys when they visit your base? GENERAL REINWALD: We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery, and shooting. FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it? GENERAL REINWALD: I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the rifle range. FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children? GENERAL REINWALD: I don't see how. We will be teaching them proper rifle discipline before they even touch a firearm. FEMALE INTERVIEWER: But you're equipping them to become violent killers. GENERAL REINWALD: Well, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not one, are you? The radio went silent and the interview ended. All over America, people were thinking: Semper Fi, Marine [not true but VERY funny]
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 2:11:13 PM EDT
bump... Fast posting around here.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 2:11:17 PM EDT
I have thought the same. I have committed myself to send faxes and postcards every week, but it is a long time from now till Sept 04 to start loosing sleep!
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 2:13:37 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 2:22:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/15/2003 2:23:01 PM EDT by M4_Aiming_at_U]
Im not going to get an ulcer., what I am going to do is beat he fuck out of those shit heads.
Top Top