Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:05:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Right on Drfrige!!

You da man!![headbang]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:10:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I've found that most people that hate Dr Laura do it because they are defensive of their own lifestyle.  They are doing the things she rails against and some people just don't like to be told how they should live their lives, even though they are f'ing up themselves and their children.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:23:51 PM EDT
[#3]
OK, getting in on this one late.  As to the original topic, I say Hell YEAH!!!  I also know that Dr. Laura is personally into and has her son involved in martial arts.  So, as far as firearms, (her knowing about the difference in recoil level in a revolver as compared to a semi auto for example) I have no reason to doubt her interest.  

Now, as to the hypocracy as it pertains to this forum.  Namely her stance on the second ammendment.  I am sure that all of you that have read other posts of mine realize how strongly I feel about our Constitution and especially the 2nd ammendment.  When I got married, my wife was anti gun.  She didn't want anything to do with them.  I got rid of all my guns.  In the intervening 12+ years, I have educated her to firearms and garnered an appreciation for the 2nd in her.  She went from anti to necessary evil, to pro gun, to almost as hardcore as I am on the issue.  With that as an example, I can see Dr. Laura converting.  

As to the pictures.  First of all, they were taken while she was in college.  (the pic of her flashing at a party)  The other was with her husband intended only for her and her husband.  The stupid stuff she did was prior to her conversion to Judaeism.  She got religion and straightened herself out.  The pic with hubby was post conversion, but no where in the bible does it say that nudity was evil.  God did not put clothing on Adam and Eve.  Adam and Eve put clothing on Adam and Eve.  Sex is only for the spouse.  Period.  There is nothing dirty about sex.  (the phrase "making love" being the hyper sensitive way of covering up the fact that the holy rollers are having sex)  She espouses lessons learned the hard way.  She tries to pass on knowledge she learned by making mistakes and not having a "Dr. Laura" to guide her.  (sounds like what we do here on this board.  I had a problem because of this, watch out for it)  Is she harsh.  Yes.  But if some female has been "shacking up for years and getting knocked up"  maybe being harsh is what it takes to get through to them.  She puts family first and for that I respect her opinion.  I don't always agree, but do respect her opinion.  And one more thing to those calling her a hypocrite.  She didn't put her pics on the net.  But you went looking for them, didn't you?
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:58:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've found that most people that hate Dr Laura do it because they are defensive of their own lifestyle.
View Quote

True, most [s]hate[/s] dislike her for that very reason; and why not?  
They are doing the things she rails against and some people just don't like to be told how they should live their lives
View Quote

Yeah, most people with common sense don't like to be told how to live their lives. [s]By giving advice to people[/s] When telling people how to live their lives you had better not have made 1 f*cking mistake in your life or your nothing more then a hypocrite.

even though they are f'ing up themselves and their children.
View Quote

Ok, even if all the caller's to the show are f*cking up their lives and children (as you seem to [b]know[/b] they are), it's irrelevant. Just because some [b][u]may[/u][/b] be f*cking up their lives how is being told by another fuck-up going to help them?[rolleyes]

P.S. Like Steyr stated, if she would say; "Well hey, I've been through that too, but here is what I did to fix it and this solution may very well help you if you wanna try it." insted of "Look, what you need to do is stop living this way cause it's just wrong, it's not the way your suppossed to live." it would be different.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 9:03:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Most people don't like to be told they have screwed up.  They wouldn't be so defensive about it if they didn't feel guilty.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 9:13:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Most people don't like to be told they have screwed up.  They wouldn't be so defensive about it if they didn't feel guilty.
View Quote

I don't mind [b][u]contructive[/u][/b] critisism at all, I like to learn from my mistake's (I know you didn't direct that response at me, I'm just stating what I feel), I just don't like outright critisism.  I especially don't like it when people then stick their noses in the air like they are above me when I've made a mistake.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 9:16:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't mind [b][u]contructive[/u][/b] critisism at all, I like to learn from my mistake's (I know you didn't direct that response at me, I'm just stating what I feel), I just don't like outright critisism.  I especially don't like it when people then stick their noses in the air like they are above me when I've made a mistake.
View Quote

If Dr. Laura's show was all touchy feely, it would loose it's audience.  People tune in to listen to the sheep get slaughtered.

If you're a shacked up crack whore with 10 kids from 10 different fathers, you deserve to get your ass chewed.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 9:57:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

If Dr. Laura's show was all touchy feely, it would loose it's audience.  People tune in to listen to the sheep get slaughtered.

If you're a shacked up crack whore with 10 kids from 10 different fathers, you deserve to get your ass chewed.
View Quote

Careful DigDug, before long your going to have to define that fine line between those who deserver to be "chewed" out and those who don't.  Then once your into that you'll have to decide who is good enuff to do certain thing's
and who isn't.  Pretty soon you might be mistaken for God......
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 10:09:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I've listened off and on (depending mainly on if my car had a CD player) for ~ 10 yrs.  I don't buy everything she says; and yes her tone can be curt, harsh, and dismissive.  That's her schtick.  Doom on you if you pick up the phone and don't know who it is you're calling.  They are welcome to hang up at any time.

The main point, however, is that I've heard more common sense, and especially PRO-male views on her show than anywhere else.  At 1st I expected the typical "He's a bum, change him," routine.  Instead I hear: "You married a guy who goes golfing/camping/shooting 2X a month, and you knew him (and this fact) for years before you got married; and NOW you want him to stop?!  Get over it!  You picked him."  A VERY refreshing bit of clarity; much lacking in most psychobabble types.

Now she's pro-gun?  FANTASTIC!

I don't care about your lifestyle, but if you are looking for an opinion, call me up!  Soem people need to get over it.

She's on our side.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 10:33:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
if Hillary Clinton changed parties are you voting for her?
View Quote

Hell yes I'd vote for her, otherwise the democrats would win and they'd take all our guns!!!  Republicans are our only hope!

Oh, wait a minute...
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 10:55:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
[b]Hey this is great that we can involve ourselves in a debate about whether or not Dr Laura is a hypocrite or whatever but...[/b]

[red][size=4]...HAVE YOU ALL LOST SIGHT OF WHAT THIS TOPIC IS ABOUT??[/red][/size=4]

[b]a NATIONAL radio show that SOCCER MOMS listen to. And one of their "idols" have planted a PRO SECOND AMENDMENT seed in their feeble little minds!!![/b]

Ladies and Gentlemen... The defense rests.
View Quote

I will say that it's getting late and I've had several beers at this point.

However.  I listened to Dr. Laura every damn day for over a year and it got to the point that as soon as someone called up, I could predict what Dr. Laura was going to advise.  Later on, I only tuned in to listen to her chew someone's ass out!

Like Steyr Aug, I have also read about Dr. Laura's life behind the scenes, and I think she's a fucking hypocrite.  Most anyone who has worked with her thinks she is a rude condescending bitch and they all tell her to stick her attitude where the sun don't shine!!

I have also checked out Dr. Laura's nude photos.  Now, nude photos are not a big deal, but this time around, her boyfriend was already married, if I recall correctly.  It was not just a boyfriend-girlfriend private thing as some have implied, but that her boyfriend was commiting adultery with Dr. Laura.

At any rate, as far as her show goes, I think she generally gives pretty good advice and she doesn't pull any punches.

I also like it when she rips a new asshole for someone, or she says something like, "Tell your husband Dr. Laura said XXX."  If I had a wife that ever said that I would tell her, "What the fuck are you calling a national radio show with our problems for?!?!?  Are you stupid?!?!"

At any rate, althought Dr. Laura is a stinking hypocrite, she does give decent advice on her show for the most part, and we must also admit that lots of people tune in to her and lots of people put alot of faith and stock in what she says so I am very happy that the hypocritical skank is pro-gun now since her opinion carries weight with soccer moms like Dr. Fridge pointed out for us!

However as for me, I listen to her show for entertainment only and if TSHTF, Dr. Laura is not one that I would choose to be in my corner, as she is disingenuous and hypocritical.

One time I would like to hear someonce call her show and say this, "Dr. Laura, I know you are an orthodox jew nowadays.  I also know that the majority of your audience is fundamentalist Christian.  So, according to the Christians' religion, you are going to hell when you die, so why do they keep calling you for moral advice since you're already damned??

What do you guys think of that?!?!?!?
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 6:35:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

Careful DigDug, before long your going to have to define that fine line between those who deserver to be "chewed" out and those who don't.  Then once your into that you'll have to decide who is good enuff to do certain thing's
and who isn't.  Pretty soon you might be mistaken for God......
View Quote

Guess what?  I can have an opinion about anything and you can't do a thing about it.  I can also exercise my free speech rights right along with my right to bear arms.  I am not shy and will let my feelings be known.

An example.  My wife's uncle can be a racist ass sometimes.  When he starts going off about "the jews" I let him know exactly what I think about his attitude.  My wife usually chews my ass over it after the fact, but her uncle has stopped spewing his racist crap when I am around.  He doesn't want the hassle.

Would you loan your AR15 to someone you hardly know?  Why would you send your kids to stay with someone you hardly know...daycare.  

Link Posted: 5/17/2003 8:55:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Like Steyr Aug, I have also read about Dr. Laura's life behind the scenes, and I think she's a fucking hypocrite.  

View Quote

Well, I want to clarify the word [b]HYPOCRITE[/b]

To me, in my defintion a HYPOCRITE is one who tells you one thing (AT THE PRESENT TIME) and does the complete opposite at that same time.

If Dr Laura is telling people NOT to shack up as she is shacking up with someone at the present time I say YES she is a hypocrite. But she is not doing that.

Have any of you done stuff in the past that you TODAY will never do? I have. Would I go back (if I could) and change it? No. It made me what I am today and helped in designing the maral blueprint of what I am today.

I used to be a flaming liberal that by our standards in here I would have hated me. But PEOPLE DO CHANGE. I was young, naive and stupid. Today I am Old and stupid However I am not Naive. (at least I would think I am not)

I used to be a fan and i did not stop listening to her because she is a hypocrite. I stopped because I got to know what she was going to say before she said it.

BOTTOM LINE: I say if you hate her for your own reasons, thats fine but dont use a word for her when that word (HYPOCRITE) doesnt apply.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 7:19:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Like Steyr Aug, I have also read about Dr. Laura's life behind the scenes, and I think she's a fucking hypocrite.  

View Quote

Well, I want to clarify the word [b]HYPOCRITE[/b]

To me, in my defintion a HYPOCRITE is one who tells you one thing (AT THE PRESENT TIME) and does the complete opposite at that same time.

If Dr Laura is telling people NOT to shack up as she is shacking up with someone at the present time I say YES she is a hypocrite. But she is not doing that.

Have any of you done stuff in the past that you TODAY will never do? I have. Would I go back (if I could) and change it? No. It made me what I am today and helped in designing the maral blueprint of what I am today.

I used to be a flaming liberal that by our standards in here I would have hated me. But PEOPLE DO CHANGE. I was young, naive and stupid. Today I am Old and stupid However I am not Naive. (at least I would think I am not)

I used to be a fan and i did not stop listening to her because she is a hypocrite. I stopped because I got to know what she was going to say before she said it.

BOTTOM LINE: I say if you hate her for your own reasons, thats fine but dont use a word for her when that word (HYPOCRITE) doesnt apply.
View Quote

Ditto to every single sylable you wrote here, Doc.

I think people are throwing the word "hypocrite", and worse, at this woman both incorrectly and for all the wrong reasons.

I will concede the following: Dr. Laura can be WAY to curt with people who don't seem to deserve it. If that makes people think she's a pompous bitch, fine. I can certainly see, and even agree, with that point.

Example: Just this morning I listened to her answer the valid question of a man whose daughter was getting ready (at 19) to marry some kid (21) who she had known for only three weeks. Dr. Laura gave her reply and went STRAIGHT to the next call. Never even bothered to ask the guy if the suggestion would work for him. She just went to the next call. DAMN RUDE, if you ask me...

IMO, THAT is what pisses off A LOT of people who otherwise agree with her.

So like I said, I'll concede that she is, at times, rude and overbearing when the situation doesn't call for it. I've also heard her break down (as I almost did) during a particularly disturbing call where the caller was facing a situation that none of us here would wish on Sarah Brady, leave alone a loved one.

However, just because someone makes mistakes in the past does NOT disqualify them from judging others and letting them know it (especially since it's THEY who call HER).

I've made some mistakes in my life, and I plan on not only preaching to my daughters about them, but also JUDGING them accordingly. Are you suggesting I do otherwise simply because I was young and stupid once, that I let my children suffer or do stupid things because I don't have the right to direct them? RUBBISH!

And as for her being in "inappropriate" spokesman for our views..... I'm afraid that, with all of us being only human, the only "appropriate" spokesman we are left with is Jesus Christ (at least for most of us...), and seeing as He has not yet chosen to come down here Himself for the great everybody-come-as-you-are party He promised, I'm afraid we have to measure the spokesmen we DO have by how they live their lives NOW, and what they are teaching NOW.

I shudder to think how you guys would have treated Saint Paul, or for that matter any of the other great apostles or prophets who, to a man, had failures that would, in your view, disqualify them from performing all the good deeds and teachings they did later. If God could forgive THEM, and accept them as great spokesmen thay were/are, then who the hell am I not to do likewise?

I think Dr. Laura is doing a GREAT job, bitchiness notwithstanding. I think we should be greatful that we (Conservatives) have someone on the radio who is not only standing up for what we all know is RIGHT (regardless of the messenger), but is doing so FORCEFULLY and in a manner that is obviously SO EFFECTIVE that the Left has kittens just when her name is mentioned. The fact that she has a HUGE following (#2 or #3 Radio program, depending where Sean Hannity arrives) proves that more (and more) people are listening to her, and choosing to put aside her past mistakes. They are listening to her for the MESSAGE, and until someone else shows up and is capable of doing the same while attracting and keeping an audience, then the fact that she's human is simply a fault we're all going to have to live with.

Does her delivery need some help? Sure. Does it invalidate her message? NO.

Do we need a better spokesman?

She's one of the top three hottest shows on the Radio, and the Left HATES (and I mean REALLY [b]HATES[/b]) her.

Sounds like she's doing a good job there, too.

Hopefully I've convinced some of you. If not, then I guess we'll have to agree to disagree...
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:12:50 AM EDT
[#15]
SteyrAUG......you don't have to listen to or watch her on TV, of course you never did anything stupid in your past.....If she is pro gun, that's better for our side.....more power to her.......
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:48:04 AM EDT
[#16]
What the hell, no links to the PICS??????

I think seeing the pictures is the only way I'll be able to come to an informed decision on this.

And what's all this talk about Steyr's 'lifestyle'?

If you have a 'lifestyle' doesn't that normally mean you're showering with men or humping goats or something?
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 9:26:54 AM EDT
[#17]
[b]You should have seen her reaction when I yelled "RIGHT ON!!" when the call was over.[/b]

RIGHT ON!!!!!!!     [LOLabove]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top