Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2003 6:27:05 PM EDT
L&O is doing their own re-telling of the MD sniper shootings... The gun has been changed to a '.243 or 7mm', and in previews it was a (surprisingly, more 'correct' for this use) bolt action. The show is just getting started, so they haven't made any glaring anti-gun remarks, or stupid firearms mistakes... Since we'll end up discussing this like we did the CSI episode, I figure I might as well start the thread...
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 8:18:54 PM EDT
Well, at least one thing was true, it didn't resemble any real persons, alive or dead......
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 8:45:38 PM EDT
Heh... And no 'blame the evil gun' BS... No call for AWB renewal, etc... They used a normal-looking deer rifle (complete with shiny-polished wood stock), and so on...
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 11:38:51 PM EDT
They mentioned Remington 700 several times.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 11:50:52 PM EDT
They showed some guy popping a slug out of the inevitable (stolen from the Maryland sniper story) "stump used for target practice" with his pocket knife with no effort whatsoever. I've had pellet guns that were a hell of a lot more powerful than that. They also showed expanded pistol bullets as being rifle bullets... But I give them credit, they did show the ocular lens as having been set for a person with poor vision (crosshair focus adjustment) so someone really had a clue about scopes -- definite brownie points there!! John
Top Top