Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2003 5:14:09 PM EDT
[b]
Schumer and his fellow Democrat, California Senator Dianne Feinstein, who co-signed the letter to the president, issued their appeal for intervention by the White House one day after Majority Leader Tom DeLay said House Republicans would let the ban expire next year.

"If Republicans want to be the party in support of assault weapons, let them be that party," Feinstein said.

"I, for one, don't believe that we should allow banned guns like the AK-47, the TEC-9 or the Street Sweeper to be manufactured once again," Feinstein said.

Schumer said passage of the bills extending the assault weapons ban is virtually assured -- provided Republicans allow the bill extending the ban to come up for a vote. [/b]

Where does he come up with that last sentence.  "Passage of the ban is virtually assured if it comes up for a vote"?  What Congress is he a member of?
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 5:27:28 PM EDT
[#1]
He is also in the world where he belives that ban covers AK-47s and street sweepers.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 5:31:26 PM EDT
[#2]
He's a fuckhead.

Case closed.

CJ
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 9:22:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
[b]
Schumer and his fellow Democrat, California Senator Dianne Feinstein, who co-signed the letter to the president, issued their appeal for intervention by the White House one day after Majority Leader Tom DeLay said House Republicans would let the ban expire next year.

"If Republicans want to be the party in support of assault weapons, let them be that party," Feinstein said.

"I, for one, don't believe that we should allow banned guns like the AK-47, the TEC-9 or the Street Sweeper to be manufactured once again," Feinstein said.

Schumer said passage of the bills extending the assault weapons ban is virtually assured -- provided Republicans allow the bill extending the ban to come up for a vote. [/b]

Where does he come up with that last sentence.  "Passage of the ban is virtually assured if it comes up for a vote"?  What Congress is he a member of?
View Quote

These folks(Chuck & Diane) are suffering what most liberals are suffering, wishful optimisim. They don't seem to get it thru their thick heads, Bill Clinton is not president anymore, a Republicanh is president, the Republicans control BOTH the House and the Senate. I wonder what part of "the Dems are no longer in charge," do Chuck and Diane don't understand?
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 6:58:30 AM EDT
[#4]
This is the same Chuck Schumer that wants to ban "some of those stocks that hold 10 bullets or even more"?  The same Schumer that does not know the difference in a magazine and a stock?  And thinks he knows enough about guns to regulate them?

The same Diane Feinstein that, after putting a permanent ban on issuing handgun permits in San Francisco, had them issued to herself and members of the city council?  That Diane Feinstein?

Heck, they can't even read plain English, where it says "... the Right of the People to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED."
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 7:03:40 AM EDT
[#5]
I think they are trying to push the Republicans into the corner so they can be blamed if the ban isn't renewed.

Interesting side note, many folks over at DU seem to think that gun control may have cost them the last election.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 7:04:14 AM EDT
[#6]
'Bagdad Bob' Schumer
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 7:48:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
'Bagdad Bob' Schumer
View Quote

He was called "Chuck-the-Fuck" in High School...Some things never change.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:57:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Interesting side note, many folks over at DU seem to think that gun control may have cost them the last election.
View Quote

WOW! A neuron fired at DUh!

It's like watching a child take its first step....

...I get all choked up...
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 9:12:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

WOW! A neuron fired at DUh!

It's like watching a child take its first step....

...I get all choked up...
View Quote

[LOLabove][LOL]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 9:41:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Do they remember Al "Chad" Gore???

I'd like to see Chucky and FineSwine in the unemployment line right next to Gore.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 9:48:22 AM EDT
[#11]
If it comes up in the senate I'm sure it would pass.  The house is probably different.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 10:05:59 AM EDT
[#12]
With my constitutionally guaranteed right to free speech, I say [b]"Frankenfeinstein and Upchuck Shumer are moronic fucksticks"[/b]

SG

Link Posted: 5/16/2003 10:09:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
He was called "Chuck-the-Fuck" in High School...Some things never change.
View Quote

This is something I always wondered. Do the weinies that were picked on in school grow up to be liberals?
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 10:37:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Do they remember Al "Chad" Gore???

I'd like to see Chucky and FineSwine in the unemployment line right next to Gore.
View Quote

You mean the guy that the last presidential election was stolen from?[puke]

Sorry, I must be spending too much time at DU.

Link Posted: 5/16/2003 11:00:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

... Interesting side note, many folks over at DU seem to think that gun control may have cost them the last election.
View Quote

... Here's an active thread regarding the AWB issue over there. Seems heavily in our favor!

http://www.democraticunderground.com/duforum/DCForumID70/4491.html

... Please leave cold
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 11:27:48 AM EDT
[#16]
This is something I always wondered. Do the weinies that were picked on in school grow up to be liberals?

-----------------

i got picked on in school.  ibut i damned sure aint no liberal.  sheeeit.  lets just say that i am no longer an easy victim.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 12:04:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

... Interesting side note, many folks over at DU seem to think that gun control may have cost them the last election.
View Quote

... Here's an active thread regarding the AWB issue over there. Seems heavily in our favor!

http://www.democraticunderground.com/duforum/DCForumID70/4491.html

... Please leave cold
View Quote

Wow!  I'm impressed by most of those Bozos.  I almost wanted to type in IBTL, the thread made THAT much sense.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 12:17:33 PM EDT
[#18]
I could go into a long, detailed description of the anatomical short-comings of either of these two individuals, but that would just waste bandwidth.

Bottom line, they lost, we won, tough shit.  You don't like it then don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top