Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2003 4:38:58 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 6:29:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 8:52:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Frank, This is something that I haven't run across on any honda. Hopefully it's still under warranty. I'm not sure of the cause for this on your CRV, but tightening valves seem a little strange to me because they would normally loosen up a bit over time. An overtightened exhaust rocker can easily cause this to happen but I would imagine this was a problem that originated at the MFG where the valve was overtorqued during assembly rather than the valvetrain tightening up over time. Also, a cracked head/gasket could have caused this to happen(burnt valve) I checked my computer at work for any TSB's(technical service bulletins) or Recalls and found a lot of TSB's but none of them mention this type of problem. If you need any help e-mail me.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 12:56:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Frank
  I have been told a bad timing belt can cause these problems. I have never owned a Honda but I have worked in three of their plants and know the guys and that is what I can recall from memory.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top