Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2003 1:00:34 PM EDT
I work in down-town Arlington VA in a LARGE office building. A couple of days ago, one of our coworkers got assaulted right outside our office by what police belive is a serial-rapist. Luckily, she wasnt hurt; the guy took off running when people showed up.

Anyway, I was talking to my boss in the lunch room and I dropped the comment " too bad we cant carry at work, I'd feel safer." Which he adds: "who said you cant carry to work."

We start to talk about guns, turns out he brings in a Les Bauer .45 to work ALL the time. In addition, there are other people, that unknown to me carry on a daily basis to the office. He then goes on to tell me to bring whatever I want as long as I have a carry permit. Woo Hoo, I'm bringing my HK P7M8 tomorrow to work for show and tell. I cant wait. Now I can carry 100% of the time; at home, work and in the car. I'm so cool with this.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 1:02:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Where in Arlington do you work?
Are they hiring?
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 1:04:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Ballston Commons in the office building. I'd rather not say the company name....wink wink. Spies among us.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 1:05:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:Anyway, I was talking to my boss in the lunch room and I dropped the comment " too bad we cant carry at work, I'd feel safer." Which he adds: "who said you cant carry to work."
View Quote

ha ha ha

nice
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 1:10:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I just started my new job Monday morning and they made it quite clear that no weapons, not even a swiss army knife, is allowed on company property.

Keving67
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 1:13:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I just started my new job Monday morning and they made it quite clear that no weapons, not even a swiss army knife, is allowed on company property.
View Quote

I never asked when I worked for others.  My life isn't worth their job.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top