Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2003 11:43:57 AM EDT
Hello all.

Hears the deal.  I was in a class last semester with a cute blonde girl.  She is probibly about 21.  I got to know her a little bit towards the end of the class.  I was going to ask her for her phone # on the last day of class.

That way if she denyed me I wouldnt have to see her every day and feel like a jackass.  (Keep in mind that I only started to get to know her during the final 2 weeks of the semester)  But on the day of the final, she walked in just as the test was starting and left before I was finished with mine.

BUT, I have her email address because I had to email her some stuff for class.  This is the only was I know how to get ahold of her.  SO Im going to email her, but what do I say?

I was thinking anong the lines of "hey this is so and so from your class, It was fun getting to know you, we should do somthing this summer."
Or somthing along those lines

any ideas?

Serious answers only please [;)]
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 11:50:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Do it bro. What ya got to lose?
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 11:52:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Dude,

Send her an email and mention how she's attractive and all that.  Then ask if she has a twin sister you could meet.  She'll write back and ask you what's wrong with her.  That's when you set the hook.  
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 12:09:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Do the whole male mind female mind thing:

male talk:  Hi I would like to fuck your brains out.  I want to show you my O face while your screaming my name and telling me how great I am while orgasiming over and over again.  

female talk:  Hi I'm John how are you?  This is the last day of class so this is really the last chance I have to talk with you.  I was hopeing we could get some thing to eat later and talk about each other.  So here is my phone number and if you want you can reach me and we can get toghether some time.

That is how you become an international play boy.  Just think the male while saying the female part and it comes out naturally.  I am married now so I have to pass the skills on.  Just have confidence.  Chicks smell confidence and are attracted to it like the smell of money.  

P.S. forgot to say do not just e-mail her.  Chicks get creaped out by guys just calling or e-mailling and not introducing them selves up front.  Makes them look like they have no confidence and what have we said is the key, confidence.  
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 12:17:59 PM EDT
[#4]
That was a dumb thing to do. You can never wait til the final before asking for their number. It is certian that they will finish before you and walk out. Then you have to just hand in your test and fail if you want the number.

You should have waited around in the hall way and talked to her after she was done with her final. A simple hey, how do you think you did would have worked out pretty well.

Shoot her an email, and try not to be too creepy. Just tell her that you did not get a chance to ask for her number, and baisically ask her out.

Trying is the first step toward failure, but failure is the first step toward sucess.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 12:21:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Copy and paste the follwing.

Her name here,

How ya doing?  I wanted to get your number on the last day of class but you left before I could talk to you.  Anyway, I was hoping now that class is over and we both have some extra time, that you would like to see a movie or maybe go to dinner with me.  I think you are a very attractive girl and have a great personality and I would like to get to know you better.  Hope to hear from you soon.

Your name and number here.

If you don't hear back no big deal as you have nothing lost.

Link Posted: 5/14/2003 12:30:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Include a nekkid pic of yourself.  Chix really like that.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 12:30:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Her name here,

How ya doing?  I wanted to get your number on the last day of class but you left before I could talk to you.  Anyway, I was hoping now that class is over and we both have some extra time, that you would like to see a movie or maybe go to dinner with me.  I think you are a very attractive girl and have a great personality and I would like to get to know you better.  Hope to hear from you soon.

View Quote

Hey ARMED2TEETH,

You can use my name and number in the above email, if you wish. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 12:31:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I would rather ask her verbally for her phone number, and have her say no,...

...than to not ask her, and always wonder, "What if?"...

Ask her to her face. Be humble about it. Strike up a conversation the day before this. Something funny. It'll give you a reason to ask her out other than, "Hey, you have a great body! Wanna go out?"
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 12:33:46 PM EDT
[#9]
What are you going to say to her if/when she calls?
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 12:37:50 PM EDT
[#10]
LISTEN!  DEFINITELY EMAIL HER!

This happened to me but the other way around.  Last year, Spring semester ended and a couple weeks later I got an email saying "Hey Scott, this is so and so, I was just looking through some papers and I found your email address from that project we worked on.  Just wanted to say hello and see how you are doing. Write me back."  It worked.  I haven't hit it yet but she became a good friend of mine.

No guts, no glory.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 12:40:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes I know I should have verbally gotten her #, but I just plain ran out of time.

Quoted:

Her name here,

View Quote

^ looks good but are you sure thats not too creepy?  Phehaps I should be more subtle?  Should I put my # in the email and expect her to call me or should I ask for her # in a return email?

I know I am extremly overcomplicating things here, but I dont want to screw it up.

As to what Im gonna say if/when she calls me, Ill figure that out when it happens. [:d]

Link Posted: 5/14/2003 12:41:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
LISTEN!  DEFINITELY EMAIL HER!

This happened to me but the other way around.  Last year, Spring semester ended and a couple weeks later I got an email saying "Hey Scott, this is so and so, I was just looking through some papers and I found your email address from that project we worked on.  Just wanted to say hello and see how you are doing. Write me back."  It worked.  I haven't hit it yet but she became a good friend of mine.

No guts, no glory.
View Quote

I like that "looking through some papers bit."
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 12:43:30 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm with Mugzilla on this one. Real men go face to face. WHATEVER YOU DO DONT EVER LOOK DOWN AT HER BOOBS!!!! Look straight in the eye at all times, keep your hands in your pockets, smile all the time. Listen, you only get one shot at this dont fudge it up by saying "Listen toots, you got a great body and I want to take you out for a bite before I plug ya'" Come-on, be classy. Dress nice, wear some cologne. Dont put too much pressure on her, tell her you want to buy her some coffee...look for body language.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 12:49:11 PM EDT
[#14]
I know, and it would be great if I could just bump into her, BUT, the ONLY way I know how to get ahold of her is email.

So that is my only option.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 12:57:57 PM EDT
[#15]
hey dude......make sure she is not on this site for it would suck for you if she were to know all your moves and where you found them.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 1:10:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Like the other guy said, you have to have confidence.  Don't hide behind e-mails and phone calls cuz then you'll look like too much of a wussy to ask her face to face.

Just say to her matter of factly, like it ain't no thang (cuz it's not to a confident guy), I enjoy your company and find you really attractive, and I'd like to take you out this weekend.  Are you free Friday or would Saturday be better?

She already knows you so there's not much point in getting a phone number from her to call her on the phone and "chat."  The only reason you need a phone number now is so you can work out the logistics of your future date!

If she says she is busy Friday and Saturday, you can tell she is interested if she makes a counter-offer like, "Well, I'm busy, but wanna get some coffee before class on Thursday?"  Or something like that.  If she counter-offers, you're in the house.

If she flat out turns you down or says she's busy and doesn't counter-offer then tell her, "That's too bad, we may have had lots of fun."

Women aren't too hard to deal with.  Just act confident, don't mince words and never ever act apologetic because you find them attractive!!!

-Nick Viejo.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 2:10:43 PM EDT
[#17]

If she gives you this number, you're screwed:
      (310) 217-7638
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 2:35:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

If she gives you this number, you're screwed:
      (310) 217-7638
View Quote

Hey!  That's my number!!(ok, no it isn't.)

Link Posted: 5/14/2003 3:02:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 3:22:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Armed,

Don't ask for her # by email.  She might get weirded out over that.  Leave yours though just as I had written.

If she calls ask her how she is and inquire about school and ask her if she would want to see a movie, get dinner, or similar.  Don't take her to a bar with a bunch of friends.  Save that for after you get a bit closer, trust me!  If she doesn't get back to you than no big deal.  

I forgot to add that for this advice I charge a small fee.  Send pix of her naked when you get them.  Just kidding!  
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 3:31:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Her name here,

View Quote

I would have to say this would work okay..from a female perspective.  But might I recommend saying something more like...

Hey!

This is (your name here) from (whatever class here).  I was clearing out my e-mail and found your address.  I thought we kind of hit it off and wanted to see how you were doing.  Write me back if you get a chance!

Don't include your number yet.........make sure she remembers you first.  If she writes back then give her your number and ask her to give you a call sometime, maybe you could get together 'n see a movie or something.
It would suck if she didn't remember you. [:)]

HH
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 3:46:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 11:34:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Yeah keep in mind though that you are taking advice from a bunch of guys that are on a gun related website constantly.  If we had womenz we wouldn't be on this site so much.

Make sense???  
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 11:48:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Just get any back or current issue of Maxim, Stuff, and FHM and read through the articles and be done with it.  Suck it up and go do it.  That or liquid courage always works....semitemos..uh sometimes...
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 11:55:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Of course email her...ask her if she wants to go out for drinks afer finals.  You have nothing to lose.  If she says no so fvcking what.  You have to have confidnece.

Trust me she is in no way "in a superior position to you."   Most, almost all, are just waiting for the invite.

Good luck, we will all be pullin for ya!  Won't we boys!

Remember, pack in foil, before checkin her oil!
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 12:14:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Make a collage of candid pics that you took of her when she was on the jon, then email it to her...she will instantly fall in love with you or call the cops. Either way you are gonna get fu*ked.

Seriously, you lost your chance bro. Live and learn...but then again- [B]You miss 100% of the shots you dont take.[/B]

email is gay.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 5:22:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Make a collage of candid pics that you took of her when she was on the jon, then email it to her...she will instantly fall in love with you or call the cops. Either way you are gonna get fu*ked.

Seriously, you lost your chance bro. Live and learn...but then again- [B]You miss 100% of the shots you dont take.[/B]

email is gay.
View Quote

Hey!!  That's my sig line!  (and words to live by, too)  [:D]
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 6:31:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

email is gay.
View Quote

Hey!!  That's my sig line!  (and words to live by, too)  [:D]
View Quote

lol! I have always lived by that rule, I honestly didnt mean to use your line...it just sort of worked out that way. I first heard that line about 4 years ago and it has really affected my life for the better...and also forces me to do better in the future because when I reflect on the past I see the error in my ways when I didnt take every shot, there has been a few times when I failed at this rule, I feel as if I havent lived when I fail at this rule and that is regrettable. If you use this rule you must use it 100% of the time, which may seem as an impossible feat only to be conquered by life's elite social predatorial animals- which would be right.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 6:32:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Her name here,

View Quote

I agree with this except I would leave out 'I think you are a very attractive girl and have a great personality and'.  If I was interested in you, I would respond to this email and it wouldn't 'creep me out'.  Include your number as well.  Don't be too concerned about her not remembering you - if she is interested she will remember [:)].  But you need to hurry and do this before you miss out again!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top