Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2003 8:18:17 AM EDT
I finally get a job after a 4 1/2 month dry spell. The longest in my life, & it's in a field I think is going to be quite fun. I'll be a bailbondsman. My new employers are 1st cousins with Bill & Hitlery Clinton. I'm not joking about this 1 little bit.
I really like my new employers, & would never be mean or disrespectful to them in any way.
But I was thinking last night that on the very off chance that the place I'm working "might" sometime get a visit from Billy, & Hitlery. I really wouldn't want to meat them ever. To me it would just be a nightmare. I do feel though that it's better to have a plan for such an event than to just hope it never happens, & then act in a somehow inappropriate fashion if it does because it was unexpected.
Make up all the jokes & funny scenarios you want with this question, but please give me some serious answers as well.
What would you do, for real, if they showed up at you place of employment, & you were stuck meeting them,& had to make some small talk or other bs in their presence?
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 8:44:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I really doubt that the former President or a current Senator would visit a bail bonds office. If they wanted to see the cousins, the cousins would go to their hotel. I really don't think the Secret Service would want their charges to be in a place frequented by the type of people that require your services. Lets say it does happen. Just STFU and be polite. Your job would be in jeopardy if you mouthed off. Remember that scene from Band of Brothers? It's not the person that you respect, its the office.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 8:53:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Work is no place for politics.

I would keep my mouth shut and earn my money.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 8:55:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Work is no place for politics.

I would keep my mouth shut and earn my money.

Sgtar15
View Quote

Ditto
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 9:01:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm with everyone else..just do your job. But remember, they are related to the Clintons. Watch you back and watch your wife.

No kidding either...
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 9:03:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, if you like the job than I would take the advice of the others and keep the mouth shut about politics and if Clinton ever did walk in there, I would shake his hand and act respectful as I would with any past president, whether I liked them or not.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 9:07:11 AM EDT
[#6]
I wouldn't want to MEAT Billary either.  Not even with Imbroglio's pecker.  

Link Posted: 5/14/2003 9:08:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 9:57:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Hmmmmm...  If they are "proud" of being related to them it speaks volumes about their personal standards (or lack of them).  I wouldn't keep an Ann Coulter book on my desk!

You've been praying about a job and now you have one!  You know what they say, be careful what you ask for!  However, my brother, I would advise you to start each workday with prayer for guidance and wisdom, and also to be able to see what you're supposed to learn through this experience.  I think you'll emerge from this with more character! (James 1:2-4)
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 11:59:54 AM EDT
[#9]
You could always give 'ol bill the stink palm. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 12:04:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I wouldn't want to MEAT Billary either.  Not even with Imbroglio's pecker.  

View Quote

Ya' beat me to it.

Wait, that doesn't sound right.

Ah crap, you know what I mean.

Link Posted: 5/14/2003 12:14:00 PM EDT
[#11]
I think you are in a fantastic position.  Think of it this way...you are a mole far into the other side.  Just keep your ears open for juicy tidbits...nonchalantly plug him for more info when the opportunity arises.  Just dont be obvious.

Think of yourself as "secret agent man."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top