Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2003 11:58:05 PM EDT
i work for a company on Diego Garcia, B.I.O.T. in the indian ocean for the government. i and everyone i work w/are veterans, and the company is run by veterans. i just rcvd an email from the "higher ups" saying that this year...we at DG will NOT celebrate Memorial Day...it will be just another work day..but in turn ...we get the philippine independance day off.  WTF!!???  i'm not philippine...and i dont give a rats ass about their independance day!!!  this really pisses me off!!!
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 12:03:20 AM EDT
[#1]
IIRC, Philippine Independence Day was July 4th, 1946.  Don't understand not celebrating Memorial Day, though.

TS
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 12:04:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Do we still get a "COMP" day? [:D]

CHRIS
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 12:07:04 AM EDT
[#3]
You're right, I am shitting you.
You might wanna call a plumber...
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 12:12:25 AM EDT
[#4]
the philippine independance day is june 14th.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 12:14:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Then that is just totally f*cked up.

TS
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 10:23:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm sorry you must go out of your mind on that Island, I only spent four days there and that was enough for me.  Got shit faced at the beach bar a bunch and thrown out of the resturant after watching the show.  Mind you needed a rest after a week in Phuket.  Still like staying in Wake Island though.  
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 8:40:31 AM EDT
[#7]
I work for the state and we don't get Veteran's Day or Columbus Day off (but we do get MLK Day off--go figure).  They give us extra days off at Christmas to make up for it.

GunLvr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top