Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/12/2003 8:56:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/12/2003 9:04:26 PM EDT by Balzac72]
Remember our discussions on crotchety ol fools on arfcom everyday? No? Well, here's todays:
Originally Posted By norman74:
Originally Posted By jadams951: Norman lighten up...you'll live longer.
View Quote
Is this some kind of dumbass threat, or are you trying to pass on some perceived wisdom? Either way, if you take anything I type on here seriously, you've got more than issues, you've got a whole damn subscription. If it offends you, you truly need to take a break and re-asses your role in reality.
View Quote
Now, I don't know if this is just a full depends or sand in the denture paste, but chill with reading too much into people's comments. In fact, let Citab have his dreams about a stable family and a lack of degenerate whoring around with various meaningless women. As long as its love and not the hump of the moment, I envy Citab for wanting the American dream. PS. I think he merely meant to relax, because its all just so fucking hysterical. Here's yet another annoying old fart thread: [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=186272[/url] Jeez, whats with all these fogies around here? [;)]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 9:04:20 PM EDT
LOL!!! Danged whippersnappers!
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 9:09:29 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 9:26:51 PM EDT
Originally Posted By operatorerror: LOL!!! Danged whippersnappers!
View Quote
What you said Whippersnappers everwhere! Bob [:d]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 9:40:29 PM EDT
[ROFL2] Balzac..you kill me amigo!! i'm not young, but i'm not old either....and i agree...some of the people runnin around on this board seem to WANT to give themselves heartattacks. to them i say "lighten up francis!!"
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 9:49:39 PM EDT
What's with everyone saying that just because this discussion occurs on a computer instead of a telephone or something, that we should be able to say whatever we want with no one taking it seriously? Wanna talk about reality? Okay, when you say something on here, you're saying it to real people. Just because it's harder for them to track you down and beat you senseless is no excuse to act like a jerk.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 10:30:14 PM EDT
There seems to be a rash of condescending posters these days. I spend a lot of time laughing at their posts. Newsflash: if you act like a jerk, nobody gives a flying fuck what you say.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 7:04:10 AM EDT
Hey man it was a real threat I just didn't have the guts to tell norman that cause I was pretty scared.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 7:10:39 AM EDT
I once got threatened with legal action for telling a 'guy' on AR15.com to "Relax, you'll live longer." I no longer use that phrase, in fact I think the use of said phrase on an internet forum is considered a 'terrorist threat' under the Patriot Act of 2001.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 7:12:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/13/2003 7:23:27 AM EDT by Cincinnatus]
[b][size=3]Originally Posted By McBain: Norman lighten up...you'll live longer.[/b][/size=3]
View Quote
[img]http://www.simpsonitalia.com/_borders/mcbain3.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 7:17:15 AM EDT
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=11946[/img] [size=4][b]Bah !![/b][/size=4]
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 8:30:17 AM EDT
We need a "Bims*" forum... Scott *-"[b]B[/b]lood [b]I[/b]n [b]M[/b]y [b]S[/b]tool."
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 5:57:22 PM EDT
[peep]
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 6:41:50 PM EDT
[img]http://www.msnusers.com/_Secure/0RQD3L6QUwsxwH!5BxRgkKQM9C609atJF1ma8uyyXPB6u­M5EYaQ7w6MT88VQf8q!ywqMKPZV14aGRYsARC5iSf8LV3­GcWoGSCQiQK9aYQtdM/fhs204.jpg?dc=4675421794823915332[/img]
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 6:52:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/13/2003 6:54:32 PM EDT by Sniper_Wolfe]
Johnphin, lighten up, it was funny! [peep] You'll live longer. Nice one Ballsack72.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 6:12:30 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Johnphin: What's with everyone saying that just because this discussion occurs on a computer instead of a telephone or something, that we should be able to say whatever we want with no one taking it seriously? Wanna talk about reality? Okay, when you say something on here, you're saying it to real people. Just because it's harder for them to [red]track you down and beat you senseless is no excuse to act like a jerk.[/red]
View Quote
Is this some kind of dumbass threat, or are you trying to pass on some perceived wisdom? Either way, if you take anything I type on here seriously, you've got more than issues, you've got a whole damn subscription. If it offends you, you truly need to take a break and re-asses your role in reality. [LOL]See how stupid it sounds even when I say it?[LOL2]
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 7:13:24 AM EDT
Who has the picture likening arguing/fighting on the internet with winning in the special olympics? (in the end you are still retarded..) I think that should be the mantra in this place.....people seem wound jus a lil tooooooo tight. Cosmos
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 7:26:58 AM EDT
Wow, a whole thread devoted to me? And no one sent me an invite? damn. I have to admit, even though it's supposed to be an insult, I think that the title is damn good humor, really made me laugh, right here in the "real world". I wonder why so many people are concerned with my living longer? It seems that I only hear it from those that either: 1) Dislike me to begin with, which I find pathetic that you "like" or "dislike" anyone based on the internet. Also, why would you want me to live longer? If I get all pissed off and have a stroke in front of my computer, then you'd be rid of me wouldn't you? 2) Don't get my sense of humor, or the fact that I get a kick of taking the piss out of those of you that take this thing too seriously. Everyone so far that has gotten upset about something I posted falls under this category. You tell me to relax and not take things so seriously? Perhaps you should say that to the man (boy?) in the mirror first.
Wanna talk about reality? Okay, when you say something on here, you're saying it to real people. Just because it's harder for them to track you down and beat you senseless is no excuse to act like a jerk.
View Quote
That's exactly the point. Why would anything anyone ever says to you make you want to "beat them senseless"? Are you truly that pathetic? Some total stranger's words to you make you so angry that you can't control yourself? Wow, seek help! Oh, and relax, you'll live longer.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 7:29:36 AM EDT
Oh, and one last thing before I let you "me too-ers" have this thread and pat yourselves on the bac for awhile: If you think this is just some "internet persona" that I hide behind a keyboard and a screen, I suggest you IM some of the guys on here that have met me in person. Zaphod, FLgreg, Echo6, I'm sure there's more but that's a good start. Ask them if I pull any punches in the real world either.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 7:31:17 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Hoplite: You two better watch out before White Horse calls the BATF! [lol]
View Quote
Now THAT is good humor! Watch your six though, he's a protected class around here. Cops, birds, and whitehorse.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 8:07:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/14/2003 8:28:11 AM EDT by Balzac72]
Originally Posted By norman74: 2) Don't get my sense of humor, or the fact that [red]I get a kick of taking the piss out of those of you that take this thing too seriously. Everyone so far that has gotten upset about something I posted falls under this category. You tell me to relax and not take things so seriously? Perhaps you should say that to the man (boy?) in the mirror first.[/red]
View Quote
So would someone under 18 be any different than you pissing people off? Maybe they have MORE to gain here than a 40+ year old who already knows a lot. Food for thought. Anyway, this was all in good humor (read - not insult), following that "Hey Jr." thread. I knew you'd be able to take the joke, which is why I used your post in the first place. Kinda came off as an old crotchety "get off my grass, you dirty kids" type post!
Wow, seek help! Oh, and relax, you'll live longer.
View Quote
Is that a threat?
Top Top