Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2003 2:12:49 PM EDT
My FIL had a massive MI this AM and is currently in the cath-lab here in Albuquerque. The prognosis is guarded at this time and we need all of the help we can get.

He is a veteran of the Korean War (screw the declaration of war, it was NOT a police action to him). He was wounded in action, got patched up and went back on the line. While on the line, he recieved a battlefield commission from a Sgt. to 2nd Lt. and led his men through the remainder of the war. He has a whole set of medals, awards, and citations from his combat tours. He is a big man that seemed indestructable to me but I actually saw him scared today in the hospital room and that scared me.

Please send up a prayer for him, one of the Greatest Generation and a true hero.

Thanks in advance,

Matt
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 2:27:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Prayers for him and your family.

God bless
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 2:47:14 PM EDT
[#2]
[b]Our Most Gracious and Loving Heavenly Father, Giver of All Life, we humbly come before Your Throne of Mercy and Lovingkindeness today to ask for Your care and safeguarding of our Brother's father-in-law.

Be with the father-in-law in each and every way, holding him in the Palms of Your Mighty Hands. Be with those who minister unto him, be with his physicians, be with his nurses, and all those who seek his recovery and healing.

Holy Father, we know that whatsoever we ask in Your Name, it shall be done if it be Your Will.

Let the recovery and complete healing of the father-in-law be Your Will, and allow our prayers to be answered openly, so that all may glorify Your Holy Name.

Be with the family of our Brother and comfort them. Give them strength to bear with the trials and tribulations that have come upon them so suddenly and awfully.

Forgive us of our sins, and be with our loved ones everywhere.

We ask all these things in the name of Your Blessed Son, Jesus. Amen.[/b]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 2:50:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Prayer dispatched.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 2:50:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Amen..

I will remmember him in my payers aswell...
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 2:50:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Prayers sent!
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 2:53:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Pleasant thoughts and good vibes sent
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 2:58:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 3:01:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Prayers on the way, Wiggy.
I've said before that I'm not nearly as eloquent as ETH and others, but I think that prayers that I say in private are still listened to.  

May God bless your family,
Jeff  
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 3:13:15 PM EDT
[#9]
He just came out of the Cath-lab and there is great news!

He had 3 arteries 95% occluded and after the stints were placed and the flow restored, his recurrent pain finally ended and he bagan to immediately pink up! He will stay in the Hospital until Thursday, but he seems to be out of the woods.

My most humble thanks to all of my Brothers here that said a prayer or at least put out a kind vibe! You guys are incredible! There is no question in my military mind that the out pouring of prayers and good thoughts happening at the same time he is in the cath-lab getting roto-rooted and then we get the great news!

Praise God and the rest of you.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 3:21:05 PM EDT
[#10]
In Jesus Name, Amen!

Wiggy, you said he was "scared"? Perhaps you should try to talk to him in private?? (Know what I mean?)
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 3:23:46 PM EDT
[#11]
[b]PTL!![/b]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 3:37:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Amen, and praise the Lord!  And a prayer for his continued recovery has been sent as well.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 3:51:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Prayer sent

Sgtar15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top