Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/12/2003 10:27:41 AM EDT
[b]greatauntoftriplets (4512 posts) May-12-03, 08:33 AM (ET) Reply to post #1 3. How would you feel if someone broke into your home, when no one was there, and stole all your guns? What purpose would they then be used for? In whose hands would your guns be then? Law enforcement authorities? I think not. This is not a hypothetical question. It happened to someone I knew. Suddenly, more than 50 guns (registered, locked away and kept unloaded) were on the streets. What is your solution to the 18,000 people murdered by guns each year in this country? It is likely that some of my friend's guns ended up being used for that purpose. [/b] So I need to be responsible for the frucking criminal that breaks into my house and steals my weapons from my safe? Maybe I could sue the gun manufacture since he made a gun that someone would want to steal.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 10:34:59 AM EDT
What if someone steals my car and kills someone while running from the police? Perhapse I should just give up driving too. As a matter of fact think of all the bad things others could do with my posessions. Why don't I just lay down and die. That is the best solution using this poor, poor logic.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 10:37:57 AM EDT
Notice how all of these bastard's arguments are prefaced with an emotional appeal? "How would you feel...." Who gives a shit how you feel.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 10:44:24 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 11:01:20 AM EDT
killingmachine has a point. The homeowner is being blamed. The guns are being blamed. WHAT ABOUT THE FREAKING CRIMINAL WHO HAD NO RIGHT TO ENTER THE HOUSE AND REMOVE (STEAL) PERSONAL PROPERTY??!!!!!!!! We don't live in a theoretical "what if?" world. We take it as it is and adapt to manage the risks involved. So then, the questions become "What if some criminal breaks into my house when I'm home?" "What if some thug tries to rob/assault me while I'm packing?" THOSE, my friends, are the real-life what-ifs.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 11:14:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/12/2003 11:15:36 AM EDT by Yankee1911]
50 guns!!! That's an arsenal!! Why would somebody with as much sense as [b]greatauntoffuturestrumpets[/b] even associate with somebody that had an arsenal!! Can you imagine the destructive power that those criminals now have in their hands just because some thoughtless gunowner didn't recogni... [LOL] aww hell, I almost made it through this post with a straight face.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 12:02:13 PM EDT
I just can't go to DU to argue for 2A much anymore. You get tired of shoveling shit against the tide after a while...
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 12:28:43 PM EDT
[DU stat mode] hmmm...let's do some data manipulation let's assume: 1. 50 guns per household that WILL be robbed 2. each murder was done with a DIFFERENT gun 3. 18k murders per year 18000/50 = 360 robberies hmmm.... So, using convoluted logic, every criminal has a gun and the robbery rate is LESS than the murder rate since robbers only steal guns of course [/DU stat mode]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 1:24:12 PM EDT
Fifty stolen firearms on the street is a drop in the bucket. The only solution is to arm yourself! Shok
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 1:45:16 PM EDT
18000 killed with firearms? Maybe if you count accidents and suicides. In 2001 there were 8000 people murdered with guns. I can't quote a source for this, but it was a national statistic. 8000 is a lot different than 18000. I love how the anti gun people are comfortable adjusting stats and telling half truths to make a point. Ok, so in my mind the 250,000 people that used firearms to prevent crimes FAR outweighs the 8000 murdered. I bet if some of those 8000 had been armed they wouldn't be dead. Blame the government. Do it for the kids. THAT'S HOW I WOULD FEEL.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 2:17:39 PM EDT
he is probably counting self-defense killings as "murder" too
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 2:29:28 PM EDT
Originally Posted By BenDover: Notice how all of these bastard's arguments are prefaced with an emotional appeal? "How would you feel...." Who gives a shit how you feel.
View Quote
I would and did feel bad. It happened to me 8 years ago. 'Know what i did? I bought new fire arms with the insurance, and moved out of that f*ct neighborhood. Bilster PS The twinkle toed POS was caught and was in jail, got out, did another crime, went back in, got out again, did yet another crime and is now back in jail. When the twink broke into my house, he was on probation.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 2:32:36 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 2:58:00 PM EDT
I should have said, "I wouldn't feel... a damn thing as I pulled the trigger and wasted the bastard that was trying to hurt my family."
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 3:07:07 PM EDT
I'm sick of all this B.S. about CCW laws, gun control, AW bans, being charged with assault for stopping armed robberies... I, my friends, am buying as many guns as I can afford, stocking up on ammo, oiling my bolt and loading magazines. I will hereafter vote on one issue: Guns. I will disuss no longer. If you can't see the reality on the subject...you deserve what you get. Fuck you. I'm buying an FAL REAL soon, as an affirmation of my re-dedication to this.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 3:50:14 PM EDT
Personally, I'm more worried about the hundreds of people killed every year by falling satellite debris. If we don't stop putting satellites into orbit we could all be killed. This would be bad for the anti-gunners, as there would be no one left to steal guns and murder people with them. That would screw their statistics and ruin their cause. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 3:52:47 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 4:59:19 PM EDT
Suddenly, more than 50 guns (registered, locked away and kept unloaded) were on the streets.
View Quote
All of them registered, eh? Where does this "friend" live? I guess if they're all registered, we don't have anything to worry about. After all, the antis have always insisted that the authorities will be able to track registered guns down in quick order...
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 10:25:35 PM EDT
Originally Posted By SuperAlpha: he is probably counting self-defense killings as "murder" too
View Quote
They do, and they also put people that are shot by police officers too. God its hard to get people that are anto-gun to believe this stuff. They dont want to listen to me but they always like to quote what they heard on some TV show Here is a sample conversation Them: Guns are dangerous, your 43 times more likly to be killed or kill someone you know with a gun in the house. Me: Where you hear that? Them: Some TV show. Me: Statistics from groups that are against guns are going to be biased in their favor. Them: Mabye, but they cant be that far off. Me: Well then I can say 100% of women I meet at bars are lesbians. Them: Thats stupid. Me: Well I like to go to lesbians bars to get my statistics Them: What does that have to do with guns? Me: Anti-gun groups only poll certain groups of Americans, i.e drug dealers, alcohol abusers, criminals in jail. The numbers they throw at you no way represet the true crime rate Them: Whatever, guns still kill people. Me: ARRRRRRGGGGGG (bitch smack) are you some kind of moron. (punch) (kick) Ok so the last line isn't true but it always what I feel like doing.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 10:39:41 PM EDT
... "Never argue with a pig. You'll both get dirty and the pig will love it." [img]http://nomm.com/ad-pig.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 10:56:57 PM EDT
Originally Posted By JIMBEAM: What is your solution to the 18,000 people murdered by guns each year in this country?
View Quote
Easy: 1) Mandatory quartering of armed troops in every household. 2) Stop and search all people on the streets, every car and every house in the city until every one of those guns are found. 3) Scopolomine and thumbscrews for anyone suspected of stealing guns. 4) Summary executions immediately following any murder conviction involving guns. There. THAT will cut those 18,000 murders down to almost nothing! You're welcome. [^] What? Bill of WHAT??? What's that got to do with anything??? [b]We're saving LIVES here!![/b] (Besides... that's an outdated document anyway) [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 11:08:37 PM EDT
Just a quick history lesson. It wasn't "guns" that made the Nazi's dangerous. It was the laws they passed that allowed them to deprive citizens of guns. Once disarmed the Nazis could then use "their" guns to enforce new laws. Democrats are well down the very same road.
Top Top