Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/11/2003 8:43:15 PM EDT
DNA Analysis Will Render Final Verdict NEODESHA, Kan. -- Anthropologists say they may have finally caught up to legendary outlaw Jesse James (pictured). [img]http://images.ibsys.com/2000/0630/29079.jpg[/img] About two dozen people watched Saturday as the body said to be Jeremiah James was exhumed in southeastern Kansas. Jeremiah James reportedly died of a broken heart in 1935. But some historians think it's really Jesse James. Researchers will use DNA analysis to test hair, bones and teeth to see if the hunch is correct. Descendants of Jeremiah James are skeptical. One 99-year-old descendant remembers Jeremiah James for his brown eyes, while Jesse James had blue eyes. She says Jeremiah was born in 1847, lived into his late 80s and died less than two months after his wife passed away. Historians think Jesse James may have faked his death in 1882. The outlaw is supposed to be buried in St. Joseph, Mo. Recent attempts to find his real burial site have been made in Kearney, Mo., and Granbury, Texas.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 5:25:45 AM EDT
There was a huge special on the History or Discovery channel a couple months ago that proved using DNA and other evidence thet the body in Jesse James official grave is really Jesse James. Assuming the Hisory or Discovery Channel is a good source, I predict this other fellow is an imposter.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 5:46:12 AM EDT
I saw that on the history channel too, & the lady from Texas,possible JJ descendant sure made a convincing case. I never have thought it was JJ in the death photo based on looks alone, when compared to other known photos. What I really don't get is why the family wouldn't allow the researcher to DNA test a few of the hair's from the exhumation of his grave to be done, if it would bring conclusive proof one way or the other. Why let him be dug up, & then stop a test of the only good evidence? Now they have a 3rd possible body? Where's Waldo, or in this case, Jesse?
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 6:25:24 AM EDT
I'm having flashbacks from Young Guns II..lol.
Top Top