Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2003 7:37:08 PM EDT
General Electric Works To Dim Lights At Yellowstone

YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK, Wyo. -- GE has a bright idea -- dim the lights at Yellowstone.

The General Electric Foundation is donating $100,000 to help return darkness to the park. An increasing number of visitors come to Yellowstone National Park to stargaze.

But lights from the developed areas of Yellowstone are making the dark sky a scarce resource. The money will be used to replace existing light fixtures with ones that focus the light downward.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:46:18 PM EDT
[#1]

[beer]

An increasing number of visitors come to Yellowstone National Park to stargaze.
View Quote

Who the hell goes all the way to Yellowstone just to stargaze? [>:/] Does the smell of hydrogen sulfide help you see constellations better?

Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:50:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I can do the job a lot cheaper.

For 50K,  I'll bring my AR,  and I'll just shoot out any lights you want out.   No big deal.

CJ
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 4:43:48 AM EDT
[#3]
It's about time.

That's a huge gripe with me whenever we visit natural areas anyway. I mean.... blue and green backlighting on rock formations in caves?

Niagara Falls? Don't even get me started.

Leave it the way God intended.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 4:53:59 AM EDT
[#4]

WOW!  I was all ready to do some Corporate bashing when I read the title.

Now I don't know what to do.

Huh.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 5:22:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It's about time.

Leave it the way God intended.
View Quote

I bet the native indians would have liked that too.

[pistol]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 5:29:41 AM EDT
[#6]
They should add red filters.

Red filters are incredible.  Just added one to my Surefire - what a difference.

FYI - Yellowstone is a super volcano.  If and when it blows, it will pretty much be TEOTWAWKI
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top