Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2003 9:35:58 AM EDT
It is for precisely the fact that he used to be a liberal and now has "saw the light" and has apparently shifted to more conservative thinking makes him truly amazing. For it is one thing for someone who is already a conservative to espouse conservative views but it is quite amazing when it comes from someone who used to be a liberal. For me the war in Iraq more then librated the Iraqi people, it liberated some liberals from their own intellectual prison, by seeing how blind they have become and how blind their old friends still are. I saw him on fox news the other day and he was amazing. He even said there that he does have a liberal background but this war and the way the liberals behaved made him finally see the light. I must add that he does this at considerable risk for his fan base was liberal (I am sure that fan base is shifting now). All you have to do is check out the fan websites (the ones that haven’t been closed yet) and see all the people there feeling betrayed and angry (good!).
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:48:42 AM EDT
[#1]
He's still slightly anti-gun. I watched his last HBO special & he was amazed at the crowd response when he whacked Klinton, given that they were in Chicago. He even mentions his surprise at that.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:49:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Alan Colmes is being converted too.  I saw him the other night talking to some guy that was bashing Clarence Thomas and saying he shouldn't be allowed to speak at a Georgia University.  He basically said that this guy was a liar and twisting numbers, the majority are for Thomas speaking there and he shouldn't be so closed minded.  Colmes is getting Hannitized!!!!

The converted liberals make the best conservatives because they have truly learned the truth the hard way.  So, to that I say welcome to Dennis Miller and when finally completed, to Alan Colmes.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:51:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Its like in religion when for example when someone converts to judiasm he doesnt immediatly become a rabbi it takes time and lots of work. the same goes for miller. He just converted give him time. It is for us to teach him the right ways of our values and thinking.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 10:28:50 AM EDT
[#4]
I am edified and reassured every time I see a leftist wake up. It has been my experience that leftist attitudes die when exposed to the truth.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 10:46:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I doubt he is sincere.

The left is taking a beating, by leaning to the right nobody is calling for his head.

Av.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 10:51:20 AM EDT
[#6]

lol, read the main body of text on this page.
[url]http://www.angelfire.com/ky/apocryphajj/[/url]

Link Posted: 5/11/2003 10:53:32 AM EDT
[#7]
I believe David Horowitz is another example of such a political convert.

As a child from the Chicago area whose parents tried to stay neutral about politics, I naturally grew up to be quite the liberal (gotta love our schools).

I started to see the light in High School, when I witnessed the money being literally thrown away at worthless programs, and the BS rhetoric about some people being at a disadvantage due to their school (odd, I thought, I have gone to those same schools and I'm not killing anyone or living the "gangsta" life).

Then I got into guns - wow - the hypocrasy and bullshit of the left on the gun issue is enough to make ANYONE see the light.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 10:54:44 AM EDT
[#8]
to Avalon01     I agree with you with perhaps some of the other new converts but not with dennis miller for he was supporting bush and the war before the war started and he made those views public. The fact that he stuck his neck out and made his views known publicly before the war makes him sincere
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 10:54:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I doubt he is sincere.

The left is taking a beating, by leaning to the right nobody is calling for his head.

Av.
View Quote

I agree. He is a comedian for god sakes. As soon as the democrats return to power in 2004, you people will complain at how left-wing he is.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 10:56:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Yeah,

I like when he loses his temper ever so slightly. Then he really gets going and tgere is that angry tight lipped guy blowing the Left out of the water!

I LOVE IT!
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 11:27:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I doubt he is sincere.

Av.
View Quote

I agree. He is a comedian for god sakes. As soon as the democrats return to power in 2004, you people will complain at how left-wing he is.
View Quote

Except of course that he was roundly criticizing Clinton was the Dems were still in power.  But you were never one to let facts stand in the way of your rants, were you 'brog?
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 11:48:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 12:48:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 1:02:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Dennis Miller was on The Late Late Show Friday night.  He was mentioned that he used to be a liberal, and generally made fun of liberals.  Then he ripped into Robert Byrd, leftist senator from West Virginia.  He talked about how smug, self-righteous Sen. Byrd was a KKK member.  Then he said if he was your grandpa rambling on like he does in one of his speeches, the minute he left the room, everyone would be asking, "What are we going to do about Grandpa?"  It was pretty funny as was watching Craig Kilbourn's reaction.  He didn't know what to say.  Then Craig Kilbourn tried to steer the conversation away from politics.

I don't care if it is temporary, it is better than listening to everyone on TV tout a liberal view.  That is one of the problems with the media, people have only heard one side of things for years.  I think the shows will eventually stop calling Mr. Miller if he continues to slam the liberals, as unfortunate as that is.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:14:05 PM EDT
[#15]
I saw Dennis Miller many years ago on HBO and he did quite a bit of his monolog on the NRA.  Only he kept saying the f**king NRA like they were the stupidest thing that ever happened.  Has he said anything about guns lately?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top