Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2003 10:26:57 PM EDT
To protest their anti-gun government you refuse to stand during the canadian anthem and are called a traitor. How can you be a traitor if you aren't even a citizen of canada?
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 11:03:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like it makes sense to me. Are we supposed to stand for other countries national anthems? I've never been anywhere that played an anthem, so I really don't know if it is disrespectful. I wouldn't say a pledge of allegiance in any other country, unless it was to the. US of A. Are non Americans supposed to stand when in America, & the Anthem is played?
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 11:08:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 1:50:17 AM EDT
[#3]
If the teams happen to come from those countries they do play both anthems at hockey and baseball games.

Link Posted: 5/11/2003 5:28:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Knowing how you are doing what is true for you, Fuck THEM imbro my friend!
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 5:41:17 AM EDT
[#5]
If you live in that country you should stand (no matter if you are a citizen or not).
If you don't live in that country, do as you please.

Example: If a visitor from canada is here to watch a hockey game he should only stand if he feels the need. However if the guy from canada chooses to make the USA his home IMO he should stand.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top