Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2003 7:05:19 PM EDT
A show called [b]True Story of Black Hawk Down[/b] is coming on the History Channel Monday 9pm/8pm Central.

[img]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=476[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 7:12:55 PM EDT
[#1]
It's a repeat, several times over. Interesting though.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 7:12:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 7:18:48 PM EDT
[#3]
It also is going to be part of the [b]Black Hawk Down[/b] Deluxe Edition DVD that's going to be released June 3rd.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 8:20:11 PM EDT
[#4]
What ever the Marine that missed the rope(blackburn) or such thats what it was all about!

And it could have been me or you,but thats what it was all about!

And if GWB had been comander-in-chief,things would have been much different!

Or so I would like to think!

Bob [:D]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 8:23:10 PM EDT
[#5]
What ever the Marine that missed the rope(blackburn) or such thats what it was all about!
View Quote

He was an Army Ranger, not a jarhead.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 8:59:17 PM EDT
[#6]
You are right !   Bob [:D]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 2:44:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Seen it, seen the movie and read the book. Can't seem to get enough. I'll probably watch this again. I've become almost as interested in this as the Battle of Gettysburg.

[b][i]Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.[/b][/i]

[img]http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/waffen/violent-smiley-107.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 4:37:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Take the time to read the book.  I saw the movie and while it was not bad, it's not near as good as the book.  I saw one of the Rangers give an interview on TV and he said that the movie did not and could not accurately portray the amount of incoming fire the Rangers were receiving because movie viewers wouldn't have believed anyone could have lived through it.

Also, Mike Durant (down BH pilot) wrote a new book called "In the company of heros."
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 6:04:26 AM EDT
[#9]
The book kicked ass and the documentary was awesome. I have to get my VCR fired up! This story is very inspirational to me.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 7:42:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Also, Mike Durant (down BH pilot) wrote a new book called "In the company of heros."
View Quote

What's the book about and is it out now?
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 1:18:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

What's the book about and is it out now?
View Quote

I just picked it up this morning. It's basically Durant's experience of the battle and as a POW. It also mixes in the rest of his life in the Army, prior to and post-Somalia. Looks to be a good read.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 2:08:20 PM EDT
[#12]
If GW sent our guys in, he would have equiped them appropriately.  M1s and Bradleys with AC-130 gunships!  Well at least a lot more firepower then they had there.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 5:07:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Bumped for the Monday Night Crew.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top