Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/10/2003 6:20:41 PM EDT
I made the mistake of flipping on VH1 Classics the other night and they were playing "Dancing Queen" by Abba. Now I can't get the damn song out of my head. What do I do? I know the CIA used to break down prisoners by playing an infinite loop Abba tape 24/7. I fear for my sanity. What can I do? [shock]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 6:23:19 PM EDT
Start dancing immediately!
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 6:23:49 PM EDT
... Listen to some [b]Tool[/b] for awhile.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 6:24:50 PM EDT
The humane thing would be to not share your problem with us. Now your problem is my problem. [Elvis]Thank you... thank you vurry much.[/Elvis]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 6:25:29 PM EDT
The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round. The wheels on the bus go round and round, all through the town. The wipers on the bus go Swish, swish, swish; Swish, swish, swish; Swish, swish, swish. The wipers on the bus go Swish, swish, swish, all through the town. The horn on the bus goes Beep, beep, beep; Beep, beep, beep; Beep, beep, beep. The horn on the bus goes Beep, beep, beep, all through the town.. The money on the bus goes, Clink, clink, clink; Clink, clink, clink; Clink, clink, clink. The money on the bus goes, Clink, clink, clink, all through the town. The Driver on the bus says "Move on back, move on back, move on back;" The Driver on the bus says "Move on back", all through the town. The baby on the bus says "Wah, wah, wah; Wah, wah, wah; Wah, wah, wah". The baby on the bus says "Wah, wah, wah", all through the town. The mommy on the bus says "Shush, shush, shush; Shush, shush, shush; Shush, shush, shush." The mommy on the bus says "Shush, shush, shush" all through the town.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 6:37:17 PM EDT
A little Iron Maiden will clear that right up!
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 7:30:07 PM EDT
"It's a Small World Afterall" trumps all other songs that may get stuck in your head...
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 7:34:13 PM EDT
Hmmm...a bullet to the head...it's the only way.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 7:34:18 PM EDT
It could be worse. I could be happening to me!
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 7:34:23 PM EDT
DDAAAANCINH QUEEN SHES ONLY SEEVEEENTEEEENNNN or something like that [:P]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 7:35:17 PM EDT
It is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. They started singing it Not knowing what it was. And they will continue singing it. Forever just because....... It is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. They started singing it Not knowing what it was. And they will continue singing it. Forever just because....... It is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. They started singing it Not knowing what it was. And they will continue singing it. Forever just because....... It is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. They started singing it Not knowing what it was. And they will continue singing it. Forever just because....... It is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. They started singing it Not knowing what it was. And they will continue singing it. Forever just because.......
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 7:54:56 PM EDT
Picture yourself running your fingers through Art Garfunkel's hair while he's kissing you. That should flush out any negative thoughts. cynic
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 8:21:17 PM EDT
Go watch the movie "Muriels wedding". The association of the movie and the song which is played throughout the movie will break you of the habit.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 8:36:20 PM EDT
Everyone sing now...... ABBA - Dancing Queen Buy this album! You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life See that girl, watch that scene, dig in the Dancing Queen Friday night and the lights are low Looking out for the place to go Where they play the right music, getting in the swing You come in to look for a King Anybody could be that guy Night is young and the music's high With a bit of rock music, everything is fine You're in the mood for a dance And when you get the chance... You are the Dancing Queen, young and sweet, only seventeen Dancing Queen, feel the beat from the tambourine You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life See that girl, watch that scene, dig in the Dancing Queen You're a teaser, you turn 'em on Leave them burning and then you're gone Looking out for another, anyone will do You're in the mood for a dance And when you get the chance... You are the Dancing Queen, young and sweet, only seventeen Dancing Queen, feel the beat from the tambourine You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life See that girl, watch that scene, dig in the Dancing Queen
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 4:38:42 PM EDT
Originally Posted By nightstalker: Everyone sing now...... ABBA - Dancing Queen Buy this album! You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life See that girl, watch that scene, dig in the Dancing Queen Friday night and the lights are low Looking out for the place to go Where they play the right music, getting in the swing You come in to look for a King Anybody could be that guy Night is young and the music's high With a bit of rock music, everything is fine You're in the mood for a dance And when you get the chance... You are the Dancing Queen, young and sweet, only seventeen Dancing Queen, feel the beat from the tambourine You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life See that girl, watch that scene, dig in the Dancing Queen You're a teaser, you turn 'em on Leave them burning and then you're gone Looking out for another, anyone will do You're in the mood for a dance And when you get the chance... You are the Dancing Queen, young and sweet, only seventeen Dancing Queen, feel the beat from the tambourine You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life See that girl, watch that scene, dig in the Dancing Queen
View Quote
Now that was totally uncalled for. [;D]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 4:57:04 PM EDT
[size=1]WHY![/size=1]WHY![size=5]WHY![/size=5] did I read this thread?
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 4:57:13 PM EDT
Hey Jude, Don't feel so bad Take a sad song and make it better, ... There, that's better.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 5:19:30 PM EDT
It'll be over soon, son. Just stand... very... still.... [sniper]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 5:49:53 PM EDT
This happens to me pretty often. Early Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, even Pete Seeger's 'Plastic Jesus' Don't worry about it, it'll go away. It always does for me. BTW, it BETTER had go away! I heard that 87.9% of all hatchet murderers on Death Row were guys that the song in their head DIDN"T go away inside a week!
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 6:03:09 PM EDT
marvl...you need to become "bjorn again"! it's the only known cure.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 6:07:19 PM EDT
Think you got it bad? Try listening to this crap all weekend long!! [b]Oompa Loompa Doom-pa-di-doo I've got a perfect puzzle for you, Oompa Loompa Doom-pa-di-di If you are wise, you'll listen to me, What do you get when you guzzle down sweets Eating as much as an elephant eats? What are you at Getting terribly fat? What do you think will come Of that? I don't like the look of it! Oompa Loompa Doom-pa-di-dah If you're not greedy, You will go far You will live in happiness, too Like the Oompa Loompa Doompadi-do Doompa-di-do Oompa Loompa Doom-pa-di-doo I've got a another puzzle for you, Oompa Loompa Doom-pa-da-di If you are wise, you'll listen to me, Gum chewing is fine When it's once in a while; It stops you from smoking, And brightens your smile But its repulsive, revolting and wrong Chewing and chewing All day long... The way that a cow does! Oompa Loompa Doom-pa-di-dah Given good manners, You will go far You will live in happiness, too Like the Oompa Loompa Doompadi-do Oompa Loompa Doom-pa-di-doo I've got a another puzzle for you, Oompa Loompa Doom-pa-di-di If you are wise, you'll listen to me, Who do you blame when your kid is a... Brat.... Pampered and spoiled, like a siamese... Cat Blaming the kids is a lie and a... Shame But you know exactly who's...to.... Blame.... The mother and the father! Oompa Loompa Doom-pa-di-dah If you're not spoilt, You will go far You will live in happiness, too Like the Oompa Loompa Doompadi-do Oompa Loompa Doom-pa-di-doo I've got a another puzzle for you, Oompa Loompa Doom-pa-da-di If you are wise, you'll listen to me, What do you get From a glut of TV? A pain in the neck and an IQ of three, Why don't you try Simply reading a book? Or could you just Not bare to look? You'll get no.....you'll get no..... you'll get no You'll get no commercials; Oompa Loompa Doom-pa-di-dah If you're not greedy, You will go far You will live in happiness, too Like the.... Oompa...Oompa Loompa Doompadi-do[/b] Can't sleep...the Oompa Loompas will get me. [shock]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 6:07:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/11/2003 6:10:01 PM EDT by Boomholzer]
Damn, I even have that CD, I think I'll throw it in. marvl, whats your address.... I'll burn ya a copy for your very own. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 6:11:19 PM EDT
You people are NOT right in the head.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 6:37:48 PM EDT
Originally Posted By marvl: I made the mistake of flipping on VH1 Classics the other night and they were playing "Dancing Queen" by Abba. Now I can't get the damn song out of my head. What do I do? I know the CIA used to break down prisoners by playing an infinite loop Abba tape 24/7. I fear for my sanity. What can I do? [shock]
View Quote
[img]http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/starwars/star-wars-smiley-057.gif[/img][b][i]Sit vis nobiscum.[/i][/b]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 6:42:15 PM EDT
Originally Posted By marvl: I made the mistake of flipping on VH1 Classics the other night and they were playing "Dancing Queen" by Abba. Now I can't get the damn song out of my head. What do I do? I know the CIA used to break down prisoners by playing an infinite loop Abba tape 24/7. I fear for my sanity. What can I do? [shock]
View Quote
I would have to agree with Winston Wolf on this one. I was born and raised in Sweden and I had to leave the country and buy all the TOOL albums I could find to shake the Abba-curse.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 6:58:14 PM EDT
ABBA? You think that's bad? I took my kids to see The Lizzie McGuire Movie yesterday and I can't stop hearing that bubble-gum song she sings in it! Even the tinfoil hat isn't working!
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 7:30:25 PM EDT
Originally Posted By skullworks: I would have to agree with Winston Wolf on this one. I was born and raised in Sweden and I had to leave the country and buy all the TOOL albums I could find to shake the Abba-curse.
View Quote
buy all the TOOL? Marvl needs to buy a disco ball.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 7:40:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/11/2003 7:42:07 PM EDT by Ralph]
just put on some Pink Floyd, "The Wall" album, next thing you know, you've forgotten all that Abba shit, and you'll be thinking "all in all, you're just a, another brick in the wall"....
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:41:27 PM EDT
I get this damn song stuck in my head http://www.rathergood.com/moon_song/
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:45:11 PM EDT
Dammit, Yankee ... you just got that Oompa Loompa garbage into my mind. GET OUT OF MY HEAD, FOUL BEAST!!
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:08:01 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:58:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/11/2003 10:02:20 PM EDT by Hydguy]
Here is the cure: [url=http://saigon.mit.edu/dinhyen/abba/danceq.mov]the cure[/url] Let it load and all your abba troubles will be swept away!! You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life See that girl, watch that scene, dig in the Dancing Queen Friday night and the lights are low Looking out for the place to go Where they play the right music, getting in the swing You come in to look for a King Anybody could be that guy Night is young and the music's high With a bit of rock music, everything is fine You're in the mood for a dance And when you get the chance... You are the Dancing Queen, young and sweet, only seventeen Dancing Queen, feel the beat from the tambourine You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life See that girl, watch that scene, dig in the Dancing Queen You're a teaser, you turn 'em on Leave them burning and then you're gone Looking out for another, anyone will do You're in the mood for a dance And when you get the chance... You are the Dancing Queen, young and sweet, only seventeen Dancing Queen, feel the beat from the tambourine You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life See that girl, watch that scene, dig in the Dancing Queen Have fun!!
Top Top