Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2003 1:42:09 PM EDT
Doesr your scope's windage and elevation knobs have nice crisp clicks???

Mine seem kinda mushy.

And thats compared to BOTH my BSA and Leupold.

Link Posted: 5/10/2003 2:02:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, both mine are like that but I never use them anyway.  I just use the dots to hold off adjustments.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 2:16:39 PM EDT
[#2]
As a designated gunsmith, I have found a simple solution to the mushy clicks in Tasco SS scopes.

Remove the rubber o-rings under the knobs. Viola, nice crisp clicks.

Link Posted: 5/10/2003 2:24:58 PM EDT
[#3]
The o-rings that seal the windage/elevation shafts are oversize and squeeze too hard. You can replace them with narrower gage rings to get a better 'click'.

The only reason I did mine was so I could count clicks without taking my cheek off the stock.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 3:14:19 PM EDT
[#4]
My windage adjustment has a nice click, the elevation is a little mushier, but pretty much still a click.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 3:35:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine are so tight, that it's difficult to even tell there's some type of rachet mechanisim in there...
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 4:07:24 PM EDT
[#6]
You guys are da bes'.

That's EXACTLY how mine is - windage decent, elevation terrrible.

Do you just remove the turrety caps, and ixna / replace the o-rings???

Link Posted: 5/10/2003 10:05:25 PM EDT
[#7]
IIRC there are 3 set screws around the top of the adjustment knob. Loosen those and you should be able to pull them off. The o-rings can then be easily removed. You really don't need to replace the rings unless you live in a wet environment.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 5:29:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Right Imbroglio.  I just had my caps off last week to reset zero.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 5:33:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Mine too. But the thing that bugs me is when I zero it, after tightening the knobs I can never get the indicator lined-up with the lines on the knobs. The act of tightening it moves the alignment a little.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 5:39:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
IIRC there are 3 set screws around the top of the adjustment knob. Loosen those and you should be able to pull them off. The o-rings can then be easily removed. You really don't need to replace the rings unless you live in a wet environment.
View Quote

I hear them 10/22's are real nice with the super sniper scope imbro.. [;D]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 6:48:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 6:58:59 AM EDT
[#12]
I thought it was on a 380 ACP.[:d]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 1:24:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Mine just came in the mail. Will unpack it and let you know how it is.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 1:53:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

He was [b](gasp!)[/b] Helpfull! [:o]

Aviator  [;)]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 3:16:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Mine too. But the thing that bugs me is when I zero it, after tightening the knobs I can never get the indicator lined-up with the lines on the knobs. The act of tightening it moves the alignment a little.
View Quote

Yep, that's why I sold mine.  

Also, the set screws put dents into the soft brass of the underlying adjustment screw.  So, it became almost impossible to line up the turret without being in a dent.  

The elevation knob was crisp enough, but the windage knob was never right.  I tried thinner o-rings, smaller diameter o-rings, lubed and non-lubed o-rings--nothing worked.  I tried taking off the o-rings, that helped, but then the turret knob had play in it.  And I'm a stickler for not having to modify expensive items just to make them work at their minimum level.  

I have no such troubles with my Nightforce NXS.  

The SS scopes are ok otherwise.  Spend your money on a Leupy.  
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 5:56:55 PM EDT
[#16]
didn't like mine, sold it.  clicks sucked

TXL
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 6:27:03 PM EDT
[#17]
So, I won't feel bad about SWFA not having any 'Super Duper Sniper Scopes' in stock...

TASCO to the rescue!!!! [;D]

(...oh, yeah.  It IS a TASCO...)

---geez, I have to keep editing this:
I was going to look at one of these scopes for an AR10, even though snipercountry.com makes fun of them most of the time (see above) and SWFA said they were out of stock and trying to work with Bushnell to keep them on the market.
OK, I'm done now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top