Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2003 11:29:10 AM EDT
No guns for me for awhile.
I put a down payment on it Friday night, pick it up on Wednesday. I have been looking at these things since last christmas.

It is a 25foot super lightweight. It weights under 4000# so, compact trucks would have no problem pulling it. Most 25-26foot travel trailers weigh around 5800#. It is quite a bit fancier and more expensive than what I was originally looking for. However, it is used so I saved 35% off of the cost if it was new. Therefore, I should be able to sell it in the future without losing several thousand on it, someone already took the big initial 35% hit by taking it off the lot for me.

It was really never used much at all, its a 2002 model and the inside is immaculate. Some older folks felt that they needed something bigger and traded it in after a few trips. None of the appliances were ever used.

It has nicer equipment that most, as in the cubboards fridge, micro, stove, and fixtures are not quite as cheesy as the lower-end models. I preferred the fiberglass over the cheaper sheet metal exteriors. The fiberglass is stronger and more dent resistant.

It has the kitchen to the back instead of in the main isle and has two doors. The benefit is that a few people can move around in it without getting in each others way. There is a small dinette and a couch, both can convert into a bed.

I got the dealer to throw in electric brake boxes for both of our trucks along with a anti-sway hitch set up, mirror extentions, all the hoses, rcvr ball, pretty much all I need to use it.

As, is everything can run off of LP (stove, fridge) and battery power except the Microwave & AC.  I am planning to beef up the battery reserves and get a small electric generator just for the AC as it gets hot down here.

A few months ago, I had build a 12V power source for lights and stuff while hunting/camping. It recharges (slowly) off of a 20W Siemen's solar array. Solar panels are expensive. That battery was small, (45A/hr) I calcualted that it can power a 200W watt load for only a half-hour. Well, thats not to bad considering you can carry it. The battery in the Trailer should be about 2x that size (~100A/hr).

Pretty cushy, now I'm just like a retired senior citizen. :)

I let ya know what it is like to poop in it!

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=11778[/img]
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=11779[/img]
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=11780[/img]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 11:38:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Very nice.
I guess you won't be in need of finding a hotel on road trips.  BTW, where can you regularly park it legally, unless you travel everyday of the year?

Good Luck
Fidel
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 11:41:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 11:45:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Cool!  Are you bringing it to the Farm? (I know, [s]does a bear shit in the woods[/s] does LT have a deep and long term relationship with Mary Palm) [:)]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 11:46:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Very nice.
I guess you won't be in need of finding a hotel on road trips.  BTW, where can you regularly park it legally, unless you travel everyday of the year?

Good Luck
Fidel
View Quote

[:D] I am new to this.  I tent-camped ALOT the last 2 years. I also frequently go dirtbiking/hunting on the weekends. I figure this thing will get plenty of use.

I plan on hauling it to the INDY 500 for it's maiden voyage!

I live near a lake so there are plenty of boat/RV storage places all within 5 minutes. One is just a few hundred yards away. I wish I had a big enough yard to store it there.
Hopefully in the future, the storage will not be a issue.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 11:48:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Sweet rig, Boom! Are you bringing that up to the next Hun Farm Fest?
View Quote

I think that it can make it back there.
Ill be in INDY over Memorial Day weekend but, I think we are on for the 4th!

But sorry guys, you will STILL have to shit in the woods!
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 11:48:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 11:51:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Cool, bring that to the Hun farm.

Party in Booms trailer!

Does it come with a keg ?
View Quote

I could convert the fridge to a keg-erator and add a disco ball.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 11:53:58 AM EDT
[#8]
looks like a palace boom!! Nice...
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 11:56:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Bunghole (Bung) said that if I lose my job I can move it into his back yard and live in it.

Thanks Bung!
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 12:30:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Just curious. What does a rig like that set  you back. I have Starcraft a tent trailer but I like the solid design of these lightweights.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 12:40:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Bunghole (Bung) said that if I lose my job I can move it into his back yard and live in it.

Thanks Bung!
View Quote

BOOM
If you get to VA you can park that rig in my driveway. I have plenty of level cement.

The hardest park is finding the perfect site to get in and out. You want trees and level parking. Dont forget the sewer and water hock up, It matters what side they are on when you pull in. Pull thru sites are the bomb.

Not kidding about parking. 20 min's outside of VA beach and 1 hour from Nags Head NC

EDITED FOR THE BIGGEST TIP YOU WILL EVER GET....... Dont poop in it unless you have to.
Pee is ok but if you crap in it and then move it >>>>>>>BAD. You must dump it before you move it. When you dump dont forget to flush it out and put so chemicals in the tank. DONT POOP IN IT unless you have to !!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 1:13:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Just curious. What does a rig like that set  you back. I have Starcraft a tent trailer but I like the solid design of these lightweights.
View Quote

[url]www.rvsearch.com[/url]

I wondered the same thing.....

Link Posted: 5/10/2003 1:31:28 PM EDT
[#13]

So, will that be your primary residence Boomholzer?
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 1:33:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Nice.  Enjoy.

And thanx for stimulating the economy.

[:D]

Link Posted: 5/10/2003 1:34:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 1:39:23 PM EDT
[#16]
nice digs
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 2:14:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cool, bring that to the Hun farm.

Party in Booms trailer!

Does it come with a keg ?
View Quote

I could convert the fridge to a keg-erator and add a disco ball.
View Quote

If you build it, they will come [:D]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 2:31:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Very Nice, Enjoy!

MM419
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 2:47:44 PM EDT
[#19]
[size=6][red]ROAD TRIP![/red][/size=6]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 2:48:22 PM EDT
[#20]
now just drag it over to steyr's house so he has someplace to stay while he tents his house.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 5:35:01 PM EDT
[#21]
I got the dealer to throw in electric brake boxes for both of our trucks along with a anti-sway hitch set up, mirror extentions, all the hoses, rcvr ball, pretty much all I need to use it
View Quote

Yeah, but did he throw in clean sheets?[;D]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 5:43:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Nice rig !!! I myself, just ordered an Artic Fox 25S that won't be built until mid-June. Going to have too much fun in that unit !! Have you scoped out a place for your AR-15 rifle rack yet? Got mine all figured out ! Now all I need is the trailer!!

Link Posted: 5/10/2003 6:09:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Very nice, were was the pistol, tape measure, knife and the AR15 to go with the picture of the kitchen counter top.
You must have these accessories before preparing your first meal.[}:D]

No Boomholzer that is very nice and will be living the life of luxury while hunting, camping, fishing, etc.[:D]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 6:52:35 PM EDT
[#24]
So, did you pay $14,900 for it, or were you able to talk them down?

By the way, where do you live? I pass by a lot similar looking to that on the way to work everyday.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 11:41:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

So, did you pay $14,900 for it, or were you able to talk them down?

By the way, where do you live? I pass by a lot similar looking to that on the way to work everyday.
View Quote

I paid $14,800 out the door for everything......with almost a grand worth of tax, license, TX road fees, other BS charges.
Effectively I paid about $13,000 for the trailer itself if you subtract out the tax, the anti-sway rig, rcvr, mirrors, 2 electric brake boxes, wiring on 2 trucks, and other crap.

Which is about DOUBLE of what i was looking to spend.

The trailer new went for around $20k.

Edited to add, ponyboy, I bought it in Clebourne.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 11:47:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Bigger and nicer than some apartments I've had.

Do you really think a compact truck will pull that comfortably?
View Quote

Same here, less cockroaches too!

My pickup is a 4x4 dakota QC V8 with a trannny cooler so it should be able to handle it. The truck is rated to pull about 1500 lbs more than the trailer weight.

Seriously, I've never pulled something that big outside of when i worked using duelly diesals.
I guess I'll find out!!!!
I think the anti-sway rig will help allot.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 11:53:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
BOOM
If you get to VA you can park that rig in my driveway. I have plenty of level cement.

The hardest park is finding the perfect site to get in and out. You want trees and level parking. Dont forget the sewer and water hock up, It matters what side they are on when you pull in. Pull thru sites are the bomb.

Not kidding about parking. 20 min's outside of VA beach and 1 hour from Nags Head NC

EDITED FOR THE BIGGEST TIP YOU WILL EVER GET....... Dont poop in it unless you have to.
Pee is ok but if you crap in it and then move it >>>>>>>BAD. You must dump it before you move it. When you dump dont forget to flush it out and put so chemicals in the tank. DONT POOP IN IT unless you have to !!!!!!
View Quote

u-baddog
Thanks for the offer! Ill keep it in mind if i find myself in your neck of the woods.

I hear ya!
I told my girlfriend that we were gonna hafta line the toilet with a garbage bag and poop in that!!!!
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 12:01:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 12:44:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I paid $14,800 out the door for everything......
View Quote

That's really not too bad at all if it's in as good of shape as the pictures show. I've got a buddy that has one almost exactly like it and he loves going "camping" in it. That way he can have his air conditioner, microwave, tv/vcr and refridgerator. He's getting a satelitte put in it this summer. He's a regular outdoorsman [:)]

He has a lot of fun with it though and it looks like you will too. Congrats on your purchase.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 1:11:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I paid $14,800 out the door for everything......
View Quote

That's really not too bad at all if it's in as good of shape as the pictures show. I've got a buddy that has one almost exactly like it and he loves going "camping" in it. That way he can have his air conditioner, microwave, tv/vcr and refridgerator. He's getting a satelitte put in it this summer. He's a regular outdoorsman [:)]

He has a lot of fun with it though and it looks like you will too. Congrats on your purchase.
View Quote

It's immaculate inside and out.

I'll still primative camp and hike. I know Ponyboy, i was almost [b]embarrassed[/b] to post that i bought the thing. [:D] i mean, I [b]AM[/b] a outdoorsman!
This will make dirkbike weekends allot more enjoyable.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 1:23:28 PM EDT
[#31]
nice rig Boom!  did it come w/ a gun cabinet? [:D]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 1:27:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 1:32:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

I plan on turning the wardrobe to the right of the bed (has mirror on door) into a gun cabinet.
Funny U mention that as when I was looking at different models I always invisioned where I could put the guns. I even made comment to a few salesman on it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 1:37:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I plan on turning the wardrobe to the right of the bed (has mirror on door) into a gun cabinet.
Funny U mention that as when I was looking at different models I always invisioned where I could put the guns. I even made comment to a few salesman on it.
View Quote
NICE!  its funny....when i saw that pic of the bedroom and saw that cabinet....its what made me think of it!  DEFINATELY a cool idea!  great minds think alike.  
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 1:41:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Whats Hun farm?
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 1:46:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Speaking of trailers, anyone know about these?

[url]http://www.scamptrailers.com/index.cfm?PageID=20[/url]

Ultralight, ultrasmall, watertight trailers. They remind me of a Pelican case.

[img]http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/2545279.jpg[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top