Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2003 9:21:51 PM EDT
I'm talking about night sweats.. What did you think I was talking about?

Anyone experience these? I hear it's a hormonal problem or the guy is going through "male menopause"

What have you heard?
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 9:24:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Night sweats are usually the result of a fever.  Allergies can bring them on too.  So can drugs that don't agree with your body.

I used to be able to take OTC cough medicines with dextromethorphan.  Since I was about 40 the stuff makes me hallucinate that an army of midgets is trying to tunnel under my house and kill me.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 9:29:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Night sweats are usually the result of a fever.  Allergies can bring them on too.  So can drugs that don't agree with your body.

I used to be able to take OTC cough medicines with dextromethorphan.  Since I was about 40 the stuff makes me hallucinate that an army of midgets is trying to tunnel under my house and kill me.
View Quote

That's NOT a hallucination! They just haven't broke through yet!

Be afraid. Be VERY afraid.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 9:50:27 PM EDT
[#3]
[LOLabove]

All of the above, plus you do suffer from hormonal changes including a reduction in your metabolic rate.  As to the other problem that you seem too hard to be denying (methinks he dost protest too much) that is just a serious case of not enough of the real thing.

In my case, the sweating at night happens only when the wife is keeping me [s] up [/s] awake.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 10:22:13 PM EDT
[#4]
AZ_Redneck

Not to scare you senseless, but one of the signs of my cancer (non-hodgkins lymphoma) is becoming active, is night sweats.

There are of course lots of reason's for nightsweats, but if it persist's I would definetly go to the Doctor.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 10:29:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Take some of your wife's estrogen pills.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 1:20:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Night sweats possibility: Post Traumatic Stress Dissorder.

Link Posted: 5/10/2003 1:27:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Too much masturbation also causes night sweats.  Or so I have been told.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 1:29:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Maybe you did something pretty dam horrible and your mind has blocked it out but when you sleep you cant stop thinking about it?

Have a wife that has vanished or a dog?

I get this weird thing where I feel like I am falling and will jump out of bed onto the floor.
It's pretty freaky because I have scared the poo out of some people doing it.

I will just be sleeping and will wake up right when I am flinging myself up and wont be able to stop or move my arms tell I fall back into bed or hit the ground.

I am really not sure what this is about I do it more often when I sleep out of my own bed.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 3:10:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

TELL ME ABOUT IT...AND NOT SO PLEASENT DREAMS...
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 3:26:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

TELL ME ABOUT IT...AND NOT SO PLEASENT DREAMS...
View Quote

....check.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 3:59:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Nah, I get them too.  It's not a fever.  Not drugs.  Could be allergies, but I've never had them before
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 4:24:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Turn up the AC.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 4:24:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 10:02:29 PM EDT
[#14]
I had night sweats once.  My doctor said it was either stress or lymphoma.  Since I was going through a divorce at the time he figured it was stress.  Anyway, after I got over that piece of shit old whore leaving me the night sweats disappeared.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 10:09:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Mononucleosis

or

Tuberculosis

or

A.I.D.S./H.I.V.

or

About three jillion other possibilities.

Go see a doctor if it doesn't clear up soon.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 10:15:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top