BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 2:21:25 PM EDT
[#1]
motley crew has a couple.

I remember "shout at the devil" played backwards shouts "worship" over and over.

Link Posted: 5/11/2003 3:43:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Guys, the oz man always told it straight, now check this out.  CHICAGO!  (music plays)  (starts playing record backwards)  I COMMAND YOU IN THE NAME OF THE DARK LORD TO SPILL THE BLOOD OF THE INNOCENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!  
Sorry guys just seen Little Nicky one too many times.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 4:09:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Guys, the oz man always told it straight, now check this out.  CHICAGO!  (music plays)  (starts playing record backwards)  I COMMAND YOU IN THE NAME OF THE DARK LORD TO SPILL THE BLOOD OF THE INNOCENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!  
Sorry guys just seen Little Nicky one too many times.
View Quote

Dammit!  I just read this whole thread to make sure no one had made a Little Nicky reference before I did!
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 4:43:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Iron Maiden - Peace of Mind has a song or two with backwards messages, I think it's the songs To Tame a Land, maybe Sun & Steel...can't remember.  I've never played them backwards though, but you can tell the voice was recorded and played in reverse.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 5:08:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
As I recall, Wierd Al did this on one of his songs. Something to the effect of "The devil chews banana bubblegum" or something.

I cannot remember the song or the phrase, but it was obviously a jab at the whole practice....
View Quote

On some Oingo Boingo song they did something similar.  Backwards it said something to the effect "praise Jesus..."  A friend had a brand new $$$$ Commodore Amiga (mid-late '80s) that had sampling software that would play back backwards so we tried it after hearing the obvious backmasking on the Oingo tape.  Funnier than hell that they did this just to jerk the chain of the fundies.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 4:23:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Funnier than hell that they did this just to jerk the chain of the fundies.
View Quote

Christian ministers are probably responsible for more metal album sales than any marketing Atlantic Records could have ever mustered. At least, we always ran out and bought the latest 'evil' the preachers were railing on, just to see what it was all about (i remember doing so with Ozzy in particular). My mom was always praying for my deliverance from the binds of the evil contained on those wicked plastic discs from hell.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 4:41:04 AM EDT
[#7]
the closest I have ever come to understanding any of this is the little kid saying "redrum" in the Shining.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 4:48:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Iron Maiden - Peace of Mind has a song or two with backwards messages, I think it's the songs To Tame a Land, maybe Sun & Steel...can't remember.  I've never played them backwards though, but you can tell the voice was recorded and played in reverse.
View Quote

yea i remember that to.

great idea...
let's come up with a way to make people damage there records so they have to buy more!
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 1:09:30 AM EDT
[#9]
On Pink Floyd's "Animals" during "Pigs, Three Different Ones" during all of the squealing a pig can be heard to say "redrum".  My girlfriend at the time ( #653 ) and I played it backwards and the piggie screamed "MURDER" in a quite convincing and creepy fashion.  When we tried it again it wouldn't work...and we subsequently could not get that creepy performance to repeat in the revers.  We hit the speed just right that one time.

Also, apparently, Fred Schnieder of the B52's murdered a parakeet and buried it in his backyard.  A backwards confession on the album "Bouncing off the Satellites".
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top