Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2003 7:24:42 AM EDT
Does the whole door REALLY have to be repainted? The vehicle is only one month old. In the past, I've had damage repaired and paint matched - they didn't repaint the whole panel and the paint matched perfectly. TIA
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 7:31:11 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Tate: Does the whole door REALLY have to be repainted? The vehicle is only one month old. In the past, I've had damage repaired and paint matched - they didn't repaint the whole panel and the paint matched perfectly. TIA
View Quote
When I had a paint problem on the hood of my car, they told me that they could "blend" it into the existing paint to make it look like it matched.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 7:40:19 AM EDT
Any body shop that would tell you they have to repaint the entire door just to fix a small chip, isn't worth a shit.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 8:20:09 AM EDT
Thanks for the input, fellas. I couldn't believe they were saying that! I'll look elsewhere.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 6:02:12 PM EDT
I've never been so vain.... <<<< Just busting your balls man... BISHOP
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 6:08:02 PM EDT
They sell various types of door edge guards, maybe you could use one to cover the chip over.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 6:41:48 PM EDT
eat a paintchip become a moderator
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 7:02:33 PM EDT
Depends on the paint. Mystic Cobra mustangs might need the whole door painted for a chip because of the paint. Do you have a mystic cobra?
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 7:04:09 PM EDT
I have a scuff on my motorcycle fairing. I bought some paint (candy blue) and clearcoat aerosol from Color Rite and they assured me that it would blend very easy. I am sure you can do it on a car just the same.
Top Top