Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/9/2003 12:43:29 AM EDT
Filming is supposed to start next month. From Bloodydisgusting.com "Ving Rhames (Pulp Fiction, Undisputed) and Sarah Polley (eXistenZ , Go) are in final negotiations to star in Universal Pictures/Strike Entertainment's horror feature Dawn of the Dead for director Zack Snyder." "The project, a reinvention of the 1978 horror film of the same name, goes into production next month. Written by James Gunn (Scooby-Doo), Dead is about a mysterious plague that causes the newly dead to rise from their graves and begin to eat the living. During the chaos, a core group of remaining humans takes refuge in a shopping mall. These include a young nurse (Polley), the police-uniformed Kenneth (Rhames), a mall employee who works at Best Buy, a gangbanger and his pregnant Russian girlfriend." "Strike's Marc Abraham and Eric Newman will produce Dead with the film's rights holder Richard P. Rubenstein. Tom Bliss is executive producing. Rhames, repped by ICM, next stars in the Barry Levinson-directed comedy Envy and the indie feature Sin. Polley, repped by WMA, is best known for her work in such films as The Sweat Hereafter, Guinevere and The Weight of Water."
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 12:45:50 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 12:51:46 AM EDT
I agree TREETOP, they probably will fuck it up, but I can hope they don't. The origonal one rocked as a survivor movie. Guy's running around with M-16's, and bolt action rifle's....*sigh* why can't we have a bunch of dead come back to life so we ARFCOMER's could hold up in a mall (or better yet, how bout Gaaylins)?!!??![:)]
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 12:57:09 AM EDT
Well it seems that Rubinstein is going around to studios selling dead movie remakes like there is no tomorrow. Last I heard he is in negotiations to remake Day of the Dead. What is really sad is that George Romero has been trying unsuccessfully to scrape up enough financial support to make Dead Reckoning, the final movie of his dead series. Doesn't look like this is going to happen anytime soon though.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 12:58:57 AM EDT
They're gonna screw it up sssooo bad... Like Resident Evil...
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 1:03:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/9/2003 1:04:07 AM EDT by Imbroglio]
I liked Resident Evil! I say that we start a letter writing campaign demanding that NSFJOJO be cast as the Best Buy employee!
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 1:10:45 AM EDT
Let's say, by itself, the movie was great. I agree to that. But compared to what it could have been if they stuck to the actual game's plot, it could have been awesome. I hope they make the next one like the game this time. Damn it...With that one dude in Dawn of the Dead, they're gonna make it all "bling bling" and "ghetto" now... Damn it...
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 3:40:21 AM EDT
I'm still pissed that they redid The In Laws, there's no way that will be better than the first.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 7:02:59 AM EDT
At least when they remade "Night of th Living Dead" they filmed it in the exact locations as the 1st.It will probably be in a yuppie shopping center and the will have those cool rubber band shooters so not to hurt anyones feelings.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 7:08:49 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 8:01:08 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Sniper_408: I agree TREETOP, they probably will fuck it up, but I can hope they don't. The origonal one rocked as a survivor movie. Guy's running around with M-16's, and bolt action rifle's....*sigh* why can't we have a bunch of dead come back to life so we ARFCOMER's could hold up in a mall (or better yet, how bout Gaaylins)?!!??![:)]
View Quote
Up here in Rottenf***ingchester, New F***ing York, the Gaaylins)? is part of a mall! The best of both worlds! (For the life of me, I can't remember how to spell Gaaylins or whatever.) Bilster
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 8:51:38 AM EDT
There may be some hope on the horizon ... when I saw X2 last week there was a preview for a new zombie flick called "28 days Later" (IIRC) that looks as if it might actually be pretty good , written and directed by Danny Boyle the guy responsible for "trainspotting" yes , it is set in England Which led to me having this conversation with my roomate me- I'd hate to be in England during a zombie problem. him- why? Me- no guns.... well very few anyway
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 9:04:38 AM EDT
Originally Posted By bilster:
Originally Posted By Sniper_408: I agree TREETOP, they probably will fuck it up, but I can hope they don't. The origonal one rocked as a survivor movie. Guy's running around with M-16's, and bolt action rifle's....*sigh* why can't we have a bunch of dead come back to life so we ARFCOMER's could hold up in a mall (or better yet, how bout Gaaylins)?!!??![:)]
View Quote
Up here in Rottenf***ingchester, New F***ing York, the Gaaylins)? is part of a mall! The best of both worlds! (For the life of me, I can't remember how to spell Gaaylins or whatever.) Bilster
View Quote
I know for damn sure I spelled it wrong![;)] On an off topic, Gaylins, gaaylins....whatever is the best Outdoor store ever IMHO.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 10:48:40 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Sniper_408: On an off topic, Gaylins, gaaylins....whatever is the best Outdoor store ever IMHO.
View Quote
[b]Galyans[/b] An Indiana original. The first time I was in a Galyans, it was the original on the Indy west side (actually Plainfield IN) over 30 years ago. "Galyan's Trading Company is a unique, rapidly growing, active lifestyle retailer rich in history, tradition and culture. In 1946 Albert and Naomi Galyan opened the first Galyan's store in Indianapolis, Indiana. What started as a grocery store with few hardware and sports related products soon evolved into a complete sporting goods store. After years of success, the store ownership was passed on to Pat Galyan, Albert and Naomi's son, and the company soon expanded to five stores widely recognized for providing outstanding customer service, high quality merchandise, and knowledgeable staff."
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 10:57:38 AM EDT
The first DOTD did a good job of ensuring that I'd never, ever sit down to get my blood pressure taken at one of those machines. Speaking of zombies - has anyone seen Rob Zombies "House of a 1000 Corpses" yet? (has it even been released?)
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 11:07:37 AM EDT
Originally Posted By mk_ultra: There may be some hope on the horizon ... when I saw X2 last week there was a preview for a new zombie flick called "28 days Later" (IIRC) that looks as if it might actually be pretty good , written and directed by Danny Boyle the guy responsible for "trainspotting" yes , it is set in England Which led to me having this conversation with my roomate me- I'd hate to be in England during a zombie problem. him- why? Me- no guns.... well very few anyway
View Quote
It isn't a zombie movie, but about a biochem weapon that gets loose from a lab that makes people crazy. Most of the people who have seen the movie say it is more of an artsy-fartsy film than a horror flick.
Top Top