Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2003 12:09:36 AM EDT
London Mayor Ken Livingstone has launched an astonishing attack on US President George W Bush, calling him "corrupt". The mayor said: "I think George Bush is the most corrupt American president since Harding in the Twenties. "He is not the legitimate president." He later added: "This really is a completely unsupportable government and I look forward to it being overthrown as much as I looked forward to Saddam Hussein being overthrown." Asked about Mr Livingstone's comments, White House Press Secretary, Ari Fleischer, said: "First of all, I've never heard of the fellow. Second, I'm not going to dignify it with a response." And in a statement, officials from the US embassy in London, said: "Mayor Livingstone's opinions about the United States are a matter of complete indifference to the American embassy, the American government and the American people."
View Quote
[url]http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/3011999.stm[/url]
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 12:11:04 AM EDT
Does this mean we have to send cruise missile's into London now??[:(]
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 12:12:21 AM EDT
Ari should have told him to "sit on it".
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 12:14:35 AM EDT
"red" Ken Livingston is a reknown leftist. Most Britons hate GWB anyway, not that it matters. No big deal.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 12:38:01 AM EDT
> Most Britons hate GWB anyway, not that it > matters. Not entirely true, some of us respect him, but it doesnt matter one way or the other really :) Red Ken's good for London (probably), I kinda wish he'd keep his nose out of everything else.
Top Top