Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2003 10:30:37 PM EDT
Im at my limit and my cup is full. I have had it!!

Two weeks ago on Monday as some of you may know I got an "Abnormal" liver enzyme level on my blood test with signs of anemia. I have been on pins and needles since waiting for my next blood test (1 1/2 weeks to go) THEN I get news that my little girl who is 3 will have to go through open heart surgery. I have had practically NO SLEEP in days and my customers have, for some reason, Have taken their "HEY LOOK AT ME!! IM AN ASSHOLE" pills.

Ive had it!!
Just want some good news for a change.

FUCK!

Sorry I dont mean to cry on anyone's shoulders but I just have to vent.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 10:31:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Dude that sucks!

Just keep in mind that someone out there has it worst off than you.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 10:35:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Dude that sucks!

Just keep in mind that someone out there has it worst off than you.
View Quote

Sure. then again there are a lot that have it better too.

Just not a good month... I want a Do-over.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 10:42:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe you should talk to my girlfriend, her son has had his heart messed with 3 times and I dont see her backing down an inch.  She is into learning about about health and will soon join the RN ranks.  Stand by- tommarow is a new day, and it is times like this that you find that a positive attitude will get you threw most anything that life brings.
Semper Gumby
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 10:52:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Dude hang in there!!!

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter.

I'll say a prayer for you both!!!
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 11:00:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I know like all shitty days, weeks, or months or heck even years will pass and who was it that said "If you want the rainbow, you have to put up with the rain"

riding the good wave for a while that now when a black cloud hangs over you, it gets you bummed. I knew that my little girl was going to need some "intervention" but we were hoping for something less drastic than open heart surgery.

There is good news though. TWO MORE MONTHS UNTIL #3 is born so that is good huh?
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 11:04:11 PM EDT
[#6]
2 more months and my #2 is born..WhoooHoo!
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 11:27:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

You'll be in some serious pain by then.  Take a laxative.

[img]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=476[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 11:32:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 11:34:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

You'll be in some serious pain by then.  Take a laxative.

[url]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=476[/url]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
View Quote

[rofl2] NOW THAT MADE ME LAUGH!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 11:35:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
[b]DrFrige[/b], you know the ARFCOM Brotherhood cares.  I'm sorry about your problems.  I don't blame you for being fed up.  Sheesh, that's a heckuva load to bear.  I wish you and your family well.  [:)]
View Quote

thanks guys... You guys are allright!!
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 11:37:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
NOW THAT MADE ME LAUGH!!!!!
View Quote

Mission accomplished. [:D]

[img]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=476[/img]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 11:37:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Keep going, things will improve.  My life hasn't been going well for some time, but the ARFCOM community has kept me sane.  I know it's tough.  You and your daughter will be in my thoughts.  Congrats on #3!

TS
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 11:49:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Yes indeed, life does suck.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 3:23:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 3:34:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Even if the results come back the same, go to a different doctor who uses a different lab.

I had a test that came back and said I probably had a ton of damage to my kidneys and liver.  Went elsewhere and spent some $$$$ for a ton of blood tests.  Worse thing I have is Gilberts Syndrome which is absolutely nothing.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 3:43:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Ive been experiencing that kind of shit for about 20 months now....but, in retrospect, nothing as serious as yours.  I dug my own hole for the most part.

Stay focused on the eventual rebound. God Bless your daughter.

-HS
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 5:19:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Ive had it!!
Just want some good news for a change.
View Quote

I cant tell you anything you havent told me. This is what I get. It sound like good news

You are a rich man. You have a wife and child you love and love you. Your customers maybe assholes but they are YOUR customers because YOU do GOOD work.

GOOD LUCK [:d]
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 3:25:41 PM EDT
[#18]
The good news is, the art of medicine is way ahead of how it was 30 years ago.

Still, seek out those truly independent tests & opinions.  

Prayers go out for you & your daughter.

And be sure to ask for an Analopthalectomy - that severs the nerve between your ass and your eye, so you don't develop a shitty outlook.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 3:34:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Im sorry to hear that, I hope everything turns out for the best for you.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 3:35:10 PM EDT
[#20]
my son was born with his heart pressures all over the board, we learned later that had he not have had surgery he would have died of a heart attack

at 1 month old he had an angioplasty and the anesthesiologist fucked up and chemically burned his foot 3rd degree, over about 20% of the whole thing.  at 2 months they determined none of that helped and they had to perform heart surgery to widen his pulminary artery

toughest two months of my life, more times than once i hit something hard enough to render my hand inoperable, you get through it and it makes you stronger.  he's fine now, trying to eat dirt and piss on you every chance he gets, just like any normal 13 month old, im sure it will turn out the same in your case.

oh yes, born anemic as well

and i can look around and see things that make me very thankful that thats all i had to go through, look at it from that angle

good luck
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 4:08:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Frige, I see you're in CA, how close to the OR border? Why don't you try and sneak off for a day or two of camping??

We're here for ya man! You've around long enough to know that "this too shall pass"...God Bless bro....
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 4:11:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 4:26:48 PM EDT
[#23]
I'll say a prayer for you and your daughter. It must be tough and I know what you mean about the customers but be strong.Go buy yourself a new gun that always makes me feel better. If not just go shooting for that short term distraction.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 4:33:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Yeah, I could do with a mulligan for last month.  Lost best friend, work in the crapper, marriage in the crapper.  But hey, you have that little girl to care about.  But, just as all good things come to an end, so do all bad things.  Hang tough, these are the times to test your mettle and in a couple months you can be proud of meeting adversity with strenght and grace.

Or just stay up all night playing computer games like I do.

Good luck, sorry things are so crappy.  Got the girl in my prayers.  And #2 too. [:)]
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 4:36:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Things are rosey in my world............

sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 4:41:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

have a LITTLE fucking couthe, PLEASE.

i've been through what this guy is going through and the absolute last fucking thing he wants is to know how good someone else has it

keep it to your damn self if you dont have anything constructive to say

fuck
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 4:48:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Yep, although mine doesn't involve a child's health or my own.  Just irritating family members and finances.  And posts like yours put things into perspective and often make me feel guilty for how I feel sometimes.

In my own life though, the last 18 months have sucked like a Hoover vaccuum on steroids.  You're not alone at all.

I'll pray for you and your daughter, DrFrige.
Good luck to both of you.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 4:50:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

have a LITTLE fucking couthe, PLEASE.

i've been through what this guy is going through and the absolute last fucking thing he wants is to know how good someone else has it

keep it to your damn self if you dont have anything constructive to say

fuck
View Quote

I think he was being sarcastic as he posts about every other day about some crappy part of his life.

That or his back pain medicine started working. [;)]
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 11:31:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Man I swear you guys always are there at the best of times and the worst of times. I got a good nights sleep...well as good as I can and said "SCREW THIS" and took the bride and kids to Disneyland. Ran into an old friend that works there and got us in for free!! Thats 140.00 in my pocket ...Sweeeet! and as much as I am worn out, the kids just burned themselves out. they were snoring in the ride home and I LOVED IT!

So. What am I going to do now is get that follow up blood test on Monday, visit with the Dr on the following Monday and deal with it head on no matter what the outcome. If its meds I have to take then so be it, if it is a diet change...even better.

My kid, I have to put it in G-d's hands. I am a believer that he will only put on one's plate as much as they can handle. I am at my limit so hopefully this is all for now.

TexRDnec... widening the pulmonary artery is one of the procedures she has to go through. She does have a hole in her heart which balances the pressure BUT if they widen the PA then there will be too much blood flow. If they just close the hole then there wont be enough. Its just balanced right now. Among other defects those are the ones they are targeting right now.

ONCE AGAIN... YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 12:13:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Take it from me - I have been dealt what I think is a set of shit cards. But, you have to deal with what you have. My way of getting through life every day is this - I have always been a rebel in everything. The more that is thrown at me, the more I fight back. The more that you are pushed down by something - stand up and do the f**k you routine just out of spite. Even through all I have dealt with, I have always managed to get through it. What does not kill makes you stronger dude! Put all your love in your daughter and the one's that love you - F**K everyone else is the way I look at things. They are the one's who matter in life to you.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 12:48:31 AM EDT
[#31]

Very sorry to hear that [b]DrFrige[/b]. You have many prayers for you and your family.

Link Posted: 5/10/2003 1:36:24 AM EDT
[#32]
All I can say 1% have good lifes and can look back and say wow that was fun. The rest of us hate the 1%
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 9:42:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
All I can say 1% have good lifes and can look back and say wow that was fun. The rest of us hate the 1%
View Quote

LOL!!! Yeah. sometimes we're the windshield, sometimes we're the bug.

I dont mind the 1% that have it good that earned it. I hate the ones that have it good and they weaseled their way into it. I have an aquaintance that his wife (Total neurotic whack job) reminded me on 4 occasions how her son's heart is "perfect." I am happy that their kid has a god heart... I WISH THIS ON NO ONE... Not even my worst enenmy. These people lie, cheat and weasel their way through life and wonder why no one wants to be their friends yet they sponge off of society and proud the way she is fucking over her ex husband and child from her first marriage. Oh well, Im not one to judge. She has to confront her maker one day
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 11:09:04 AM EDT
[#34]
defrige............who is doing the heart surgery? from my understanding, driscoll childrens hospital here in corpus christi is one of the worlds best.........and dr. j. mark morales has enough experience he's been on the friggin discovery channel for rebuilding a little girls heart that was MISSING two chambers.

his # is 361-854-0201

just in case you dont already have a doc picked out

good luck
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top