Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2003 10:11:46 PM EDT
some guy i know keeps bugging me to check this thing out.  seems more like he's trying to sell me something.  havn't watched the video yet but was wondering if any of you guys know anything about it?  something to do with (supposedly) making money off the internet, etc.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 11:15:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like an MLM, a la Amway.

[url]http://www.mlmsurvivor.com/quixtarinfo.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 11:19:06 PM EDT
[#2]
If you feel the need to ask if something is a scam, it is.

TS
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 11:28:41 PM EDT
[#3]
just watched the shitty video.  doesn't tell you much but you need to 'ask the person who gave you the tape' for more into.  screw that.  i'm too lazy even if this crap did work.  that link confirmed my gut feelings about it anyway.

what is mlmsurvivor anyway?  

this site always amazes me, post a question, however obscure and someone on here will know something about it.  hell, i'm doing okay just buying prebans and parting them out.  think i'll stick with what works for me.

Link Posted: 5/8/2003 11:34:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
what is mlmsurvivor anyway?
View Quote

mlm stands for multi-level marketing.

[img]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=476[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 11:34:49 PM EDT
[#5]
It's not just "like" amway, it's the New, improved Amway.  

The guy came by our office the other week.  Told him no thanks.  Hope he doesn't come back.

Useful info:

http://www.amquix.50megs.com/amway.html

"Quixtar is a Multi-Level-Marketing (MLM) opportunity. It is promoted by Alticor, formerly Amway. In 2001 Quixtar replaced the North American Amway business opportunity"
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 12:25:22 AM EDT
[#6]
I actually know a few people who have done pretty well in the Amway/Quixtar business.  One of them actually retired and the other quit his full time job and now only works part time.  So it really does work, but it is NOT for the faint of heart.  The amount of work is VERY far beyond what most people are willing to put in.

Naturally I asked them why so few people "make it" in the Quixtar business.   They said something like, "The overall process is simple, like digging a ditch.  Now imagine digging a ditch 1,000 miles long.  Few people have that kind of commitment no matter what the rewards are."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top