Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2003 9:51:54 PM EDT
If you haven't seen it and don't want it ruined stop reading right here.
OK little psycho chick was killed by Daddy who threw her in a well cause she was way too spooky. Got that part.

The video is of her house, images of the well, etc. You watch it and the little ho makes a phone call and then kills you 7 days later. Bewcause she lived for 7 days. Got that part.

If you copy the video and show it to someone else, you get a pass and she kills that person unless they do the same.

I was almost about to be disgusted with what I thought was gonna be...she was really just crying for help and when the chick found her body in the well she was saved and broke the curse - schooby doo type ending. Turns out the murdering little bitch don't care and still was offing people.

Onto the questions.

1. How did the "dead chick" make a video? Where the hell was it suppossed to come from? Production studio in the well?

2. What the hell was up with the womans own damn kid? He seemed to know a lot of stuff about the spooky chick for being a ordinary kid. And why didn't he know better than to watch the video? He knew everything else.

I even watched the Japanese version "Ringu" and it really didn't answer these questions.

Link Posted: 5/8/2003 9:53:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I like very few movies like this once, but I gotta say its a great damn movie!
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 9:54:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
2. What the hell was up with the womans own damn kid? He seemed to know a lot of stuff about the spooky chick for being a ordinary kid. And why didn't he know better than to watch the video? He knew everything else.

View Quote

" I see dead people"
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 9:57:13 PM EDT
[#3]
1. The chick is a supernatural monster who could imprint her visions on people.  For that reason, her parents housed her in the barn, away from them.  But she would imprint her horrific evil visions on the horses, which caused the massacre.

When she was buried in the well, she transmitted those visions onto videotape after the cabins were built on top of her tomb.  

Supernatural.

2. The kid was very precocious.

I think in the next movie we'll see learn about the shaman/witchdoctor that enabled the couple to give birth to a child at a terrible price.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 9:58:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 9:58:07 PM EDT
[#5]
It's just a movie!  It's not supposed to make sense.

What I can't believe is how many people think the movie is so scary.

Personally, I was laughing during the movie at all the other people in the theater who were gasping or jumping in their seats... maybe I'm the freak.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 10:00:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I thought the dead chick's dad made the tape.

BTW- The movie sucked!

And the pansy on the commercial who said it was the scariest movie he ever seen was a pussy.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 10:03:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I had these same questions, thanks for enlightening me.

Something you should do is go frame by frame at the beginning when the girl walks into her bedroom and sees the TV w/ static. You can see her face turn that ugly green-scared look frame by frame, real cool. [;d]

Also the scariest parts of the movie were the makeup jobs on the people who died from the girl crawling out of the TV's.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 10:03:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Bakatare hakujin.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 10:04:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
1. The chick is a supernatural monster who could imprint her visions on people.  When she was buried in the well, she transmitted those visions onto videotape after the cabins were built on top of her tomb.

Supernatural.

View Quote

Thanks that does fit. In Ringu (but not The Ring) the cabin was built over the well.

And as sherrick13 pointed out there were no tracking numbers. So that is supported by The Ring.

Movie wasn't really scary, more strange. But it is a "interesting" movie.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 10:06:39 PM EDT
[#10]
The creepy chick kid was able to will her visions onto photographs; that was mentioned in one of the scenes at the mental hospital. She apparently expanded her abilities to video.

I kiinda liked it. It played with some of the conventions of horror movies, like the finding-body-gives-spirit-solace one. and the I-see-dead-people kid was not quite as expected, either.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 10:12:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Her evil energy transmitted the images on the tape just as she did with the xrays at the asylum.

Mommy offed her, not daddy.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 10:15:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Get the answers [url=http://ringworld.somrux.com/]here[/url].
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 10:34:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 11:19:22 PM EDT
[#14]
They sort of hint that the woman's(ho's mother) pregnancy was a little unnatural.  Remember, they(ho's parents) tried and tried and she never could get pregnant.  Then they go away on "vacation" and when they return, she's pregnant.  The little girl was a demon or something of that nature.  The mother realized it and pushed her into the well to rid the world of the evil.

At least that's what I got out of it.

Pretty good movie.  Scared me.

[img]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=476[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 11:30:12 PM EDT
[#15]
I gotta say the worst part of the film is what she does to people.

Let's say you go out for a while, leave your kid at home, come back, and she looks like she's been dead in the water for a month.
Imagine that really happening to YOUR kid.

Damn creepy little biatch...
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 11:32:29 PM EDT
[#16]
I skipped everything.  

Axl Rose wants you to get in "The Ring" with him.

TS
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 11:48:18 PM EDT
[#17]
When that movie was over I stood and demanded my money back. Stupid movie. Girl next to me was hot though![:d]
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 12:14:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

BTW- The movie sucked!

And the pansy on the commercial who said it was the scariest movie he ever seen was a pussy.
View Quote
I tottaly agree same with Blair Witch Project one of the few movies I demamned my money back.

Link Posted: 5/9/2003 12:18:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

No.  There were two tapes.  The one the demon-child made from a tape in the VCR in the cabin built over her tomb (the one that kills you) and the conventional tape made of her in the asylum, that shows how she's a freak who never sleeps (more disturbing, IMO) That's the one the ex-boyfriend scares up in the mental hospital.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 12:31:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

BTW- The movie sucked!

View Quote
I tottaly agree same with Blair Witch Project one of the few movies I demamned my money back.

View Quote

My friend rented that shit and lucky it only cost me about 1 1/2 hours.  Still, time is money!
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 12:32:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

No.  There were two tapes.  The one the demon-child made from a tape in the VCR in the cabin built over her tomb (the one that kills you) and the conventional tape made of her in the asylum, that shows how she's a freak who never sleeps (more disturbing, IMO) That's the one the ex-boyfriend scares up in the mental hospital.
View Quote

I see, shows how interested in the movie I was.

I also think the creepy dad could've found a better way to off himself, like putting his head in a meat band saw.

[url]http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=185384&w=myTopicPop[/url]
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 1:21:14 AM EDT
[#22]
The movie left a lot of questions...

First off, if the "Ring" was the light coming from the top of the well that was closed by the stone, why would it make a ring of light? The round stone would fall down the well...

What did the first chick see that made her mental?

The editor of the film put in a subliminal message. One scene ending and then they showed her on the Ferry, I caught it. I rewound the DVD and went frame by frame...There was a sudden 1/10th of a second flash of a ring...

Link Posted: 5/9/2003 1:33:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Like all good fright movies, the scare comes from NOT seeing what is killing the characters.  Then your mind, which is the most creative force in the universe, comes up with something to scare you after being triggered by the scenes.  Its why people are afraid of the dark.  They cant "see" anything so the mind takes over and creates the boogie man.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 1:35:22 AM EDT
[#24]
"She never sleeps"
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 1:36:19 AM EDT
[#25]
I rented the movie due to another thread on here. I liked it, creepy and cool but not really scary. I can see how chicks would really flip out over it so it would be a good "date" movie.

Anyway, flipping through the DVD extras sealed the weird fear I had! If you go to the DVD extras and watch the extended photo montage of the "party scene" the kids had at the cabin... (the one where their faces get all distorted,) there is a scene of them standing next to an early 90's baby blue Honda Civic....

I own that exact same car! I yelled out after seeing that! - "HOLY CRAP!"

My car is now possessed.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 1:42:44 AM EDT
[#26]
"It won't stop."
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 7:56:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Steyr, you ever see "Lost Highway"?
View Quote

No and I'm not going to. I'm still traumatized by Gummo. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 9:46:14 AM EDT
[#28]
I really enjoyed both movies, 'The Ring' and 'Ringu.'

Don't try and make sense of such movies, you have to have a willing suspension of disbelief in order to enjoy them.

I mean, c'mon, how is it in every scary movie, there is always a door unlocked or window open?

You'd better damn well believe that if my neighborhood was being stalked by a crazed killer, the doors would NO LONGER open, much less would they be unlocked!

And who goes outside when they see something dark and ominous in the window?

Not me, Baby, full-auto or not!

Eric The(Silverips,Always)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 9:53:42 AM EDT
[#29]
brb....my phone is ringing....... [:o]
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 11:05:19 AM EDT
[#30]
You are all going to die in 7 days.
Remember, you see the ring, then you die.
It is also a promotional for the LOTR trilogy.
Before you die, you see the Ring.  That means you cannot die untill you see part three.  It is the only thing keeping me going.

GODDAMMIT!  I thought it was funny!

Bilster
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 11:09:09 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 11:13:55 AM EDT
[#32]
I have a quicktime video of 'the video' if anyone wants to try their luck...uahahahahhaaaa ::scary noises::
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 11:37:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Well, I copied it.  Just to be safe.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 2:43:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 2:46:18 PM EDT
[#35]
it's where your thread goes if your a [:K]

ooops, sorry wrong site [:d]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 3:57:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
OK little psycho chick was killed by Daddy who threw her in a well cause she was way too spooky. Got that part.
View Quote

Nope, little psycho chick was killed by Mommy.

Quoted:
First off, if the "Ring" was the light coming from the top of the well that was closed by the stone, why would it make a ring of light? The round stone would fall down the well...
View Quote

Beacuse the stone doesn't create a perfect seal on the top of the well.  The light that you are seeing is seeping in through the spaces between the stone and the well.

Quoted:
What did the first chick see that made her mental?
View Quote

I'm thinking maybe it was the sight of her friend who was healthy one minute and looking like she spent a week at the bottom of a well the next.

Oustanding movie, IMHO.  It takes a lot to creep me out, but this movie did it, especially the ending.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top