Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/8/2003 12:34:02 PM EDT
How long it takes to find out why someone gets declined for a gun purchace/NICs check? My brother went to buy one of those little .22 cricket bolt rifles for his son, at a show in Harrisburg. He's clean. Never had a problem. They gave him a form to mail in. Does anybody know how long it takes to get a response from them?
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 12:38:23 PM EDT
Doesnt the dealer call them up on the phone? Less than 10 minutes when I do it.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 12:38:41 PM EDT
i thought it was only as long as the phone call. i've never been declined but a friend of mine (who had a purchase permit in MN) was delayed.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 12:43:49 PM EDT
Originally Posted By raven: Doesnt the dealer call them up on the phone? Less than 10 minutes when I do it.
View Quote
They did it on the phone. But it got declined. The operator would not tell the dealer why it was declined. The dealer gave him a form to mail, to find out the problem.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 12:58:14 PM EDT
I usually get a handgun purchase permit every year for this very reason. In Iowa you can skip NICs for any firearm purchase if you have a hundgun purchase permit or CCW license. Its $5 for a handgun purchase permit and good for a year. The sherriff does the background check not the FBI. Shok
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 1:01:14 PM EDT
Usually takes no time at all. Last time I had a NICS check done I was delayed and had to pick up my rifle the next day. Ive been told that if you are delayed for 3 working days you can transfer the rifle without the check.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 1:07:57 PM EDT
Originally Posted By MadProfessor: Last time I had a NICS check done I was delayed and had to pick up my rifle the next day.
View Quote
HE was not delayed. He was [size=5]DECLINED[/size=5]!
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 4:15:41 AM EDT
Anybody?
Top Top