Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:35:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Wipeout, I answered that on the my post above.

Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:40:02 PM EDT
[#2]

According to the History Channel: History of the Machine Gun" Around half of the machine guns in the US are owned by the military and law enforcement. The other half are in the hands of private citizens. I think the citizens need the other half too. [:)]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:49:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
There's no reason why a private citizen needs a firearm that shoots 8, 15, 21, 50 or even HUNDREDS of lethal lead projectiles all with just a [u]single pull of the trigger[/u], and all with very little ability to carefully aim each of the individual, yet still highly deadly, projectiles in a controlled manner.

With a firearm like that, all you have to do is stand in front of the class or resturaunt and [b]"spray and spray and spray some

more"[/b].

Obviously you havn't worked with full auto weapons much, if you spray you miss alot... just faster
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:58:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
There's no reason why a private citizen needs a firearm that shoots 8, 15, 21, 50 or even HUNDREDS of lethal lead projectiles all with just a [u]single pull of the trigger[/u], and all with very little ability to carefully aim each of the individual, yet still highly deadly, projectiles in a controlled manner.
View Quote
It's funny listening to people that haven't ever shot machineguns before try to explain what it's like.
View Quote
I have too shot machineguns. BIG ones too!
View Quote
I'm guessing that [b]Ponyboy[/b] said that because your comment is a typical one from someone who's only knowledge of these weapons is what they've seen on T.V.
View Quote
Not everyone gets their information just from TV. [:)]

Quoted:
BTW .... in mentioning your concern, are you referring to an actual incident in the States, of an automatic weapon being used to kill large numbers of people?
View Quote
Umm... North Hollywood sound familiar? How 'bout Stockton? Waco? Columbine? Shall I continue?

Quoted:
[i]Just a friendly suggestion[/i] .... it would probably help your argument considerably if you were able to provide details of your full-auto experience(s).
View Quote
Should that matter? I've never committed arson or adultery, but I know those are wrong. The "don't knock it till you've tried it" response is pretty lame.

We can do better. [;)]

Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:00:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

According to the History Channel: History of the Machine Gun" Around half of the machine guns in the US are owned by the military and law enforcement. The other half are in the hands of private citizens. I think the citizens need the other half too. [:)]
View Quote

Agreed and NFA MG ban should be repealed.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:06:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:09:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Umm... North Hollywood sound familiar?
View Quote

You mean the shootout where hundreds of round were fired and no one was killed besides the shooters? I could have done better with an unscoped 10/22.

How 'bout Stockton?
View Quote

No machineguns used there

Waco?
View Quote

The only innocent people killed there were 80 men women and children that got burned out.

Columbine?
View Quote

Are you really this stupid? No machineguns used in Columbine either.

Shall I continue?
View Quote

Please do.

Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:11:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:16:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:18:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Umm... North Hollywood sound familiar? How 'bout Stockton? Waco? Columbine? Shall I continue?
View Quote
You'd better start! In North Hollywood the only ones killed were the guys with the illegall machine guns - no cops.
View Quote
Gee... if they're THAT ineffective - why all the fuss about wanting to own one? The Davidians had plenty didn't they? Pretty large "SHTF arsenal" right? So how'd that work out for 'em?

Quoted:
In Stockton the felon bought a semi-automatic firearm after clearing his record check. A Columbine the drugies used semi-automatic rifles again.

Facts suck.
View Quote
The fact is that [b]a firearm that can shoot 8, 15, 21, 50 or even HUNDREDS of lethal lead projectiles all with just a [u]single pull of the trigger[/u] in virtually uncontrolled manner[/b] is ripe to be banned.

Come on - isn't there more than just one person here who can see the logical conclusion of this???

Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:18:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:20:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:20:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It should be a little more difficult to obtain a machine gun, and you should be more heavily punished when you commit crime with it...but I think thats about it, no more restrictions.
View Quote

Do you want to re-think this statement?

Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:22:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:25:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:25:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It should be a little more difficult to obtain a machine gun, and you should be more heavily punished when you commit crime with it...but I think thats about it, no more restrictions.
View Quote

ok thats just gay ok. first you have to be 21 with a clean slate record. if youve ever been arrested then you can forget about it. I forget the order of the process but I believe there are some forms that you have to get from either your class 3 dealer or the batf then somthing has to be signed by your local head LEO (sherrif, police cheif ect.) then you must pay a $200 fee PER WEAPON notto mention the rediculously high [rice of todays available machine guns.

and you want it to be HARDER? give me a break.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:29:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

With a firearm like that, all you have to do is stand in front of the class or resturaunt and [b]"spray and spray and spray some more"[/b].
View Quote

dude I seriously hope you are kidding or just trying to be an asshole. Having a machinegun doesnt make you a crazed killer any more than having a computer makes you a hacker. get over it already.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:30:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:31:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Machine guns ARE particularly suited to criminal misuse and should be subject to reasonable restrictions that restrict their possession. Like we did in Iraq, we must take a stand NOW to keep these weapons of mass destruction off the streets before innocent freedom loving americans are massacared.
View Quote

First welcome back......And second you are wrong Machine guns are not suited to most criminal use the North Hollywood shootout is a good example, If the cops had the ARs at the start, that mess would have last two minutes.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:34:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Omegaman,

I smell troll, but here is a chance to reply directly to the facts.

Quoted:
The Davidians had plenty didn't they? Pretty large "SHTF arsenal" right? So how'd that work out for 'em?
View Quote

No.  The BDs did not have them.  There was NEVER any evidence of any NFA style weapons or illegal machine guns on the compound.  And, they were all killed by the government.  Didn't work too well for them.  Is there a point to this?  Other than a  well founded concern that our government was out of control in Waco?

What you continue to evade is ALL of your anecdotal massacres happened with  SEMIAUTO only weapons.  No machine guns.  Nada.   Recognize the facts and debate from there.   Leave your fantasy or ignorance behind.  Recognize that semiauto or machine gun it is intent that counts - not the weapon.

Quoted:
The fact is that [b]a firearm that can shoot 8, 15, 21, 50 or even HUNDREDS of lethal lead projectiles all with just a [u]single pull of the trigger[/u] in virtually uncontrolled manner[/b] is ripe to be banned.

Come on - isn't there more than just one person here who can see the logical conclusion of this???
View Quote

I see no logical conclusion here.  I sense a fear of the unknown in your case.  If you had a  clue how weapons operated and understood that a machine gun (such as an M16) isn't that much more dangerous than a semiauto version (AR15) in the hands of someone who intends harm maybe your conclusion to yourself would evaporate.

In full auto, your spray and spray and spray ain't happening.  Magazines run dry in seconds.  This isn't one of those cool hollywood weapons that have limitless ammo in a single magazine.

No, you offer no rational conclusion from your simple minded spray and spray and spray statement.  You only depict yourself as an ignorant tool of anti-gun catchphrases.

Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:36:03 PM EDT
[#21]
They could do a lot of good in the hood!

[50]    Bob       Edited to get my ass out of the line of fire(note to self put your name after the 50)!
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:40:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:44:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:54:02 PM EDT
[#24]
[b]DING DING DING[/b]

[b]We have a winner!!![/b]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:01:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:04:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Okay, enough of the Devil's Advocate tact. Let me just spell it out.

A "spray" of projectiles from a single pull of the trigger - That's Upchuck Schumer's favorite expression of how dangerous machineguns ("assault weapons" as he ignorantly calls them) are and why they should be banned. NOT because they kill, but because they CAN kill.

I used the exact same argument here and described exactly how shotguns work, ("a firearm that shoots 8, 15, 21, 50 or even HUNDREDS of lethal lead projectiles all with just [u]a single pull of the trigger[/u]").

North Hollywood - yeah, I know they were illegally-obtained and killed NO ONE. And Stockton wasn't MGs. But we got bullshit legislation out of both - with the help of Chuckieboy's "Spray and spray and spray" hysterical theatrics in front of Congress.

My point is that facts hardly matter worth a shit when there's an endless parade of sobbing Mothers crying in front of a congressional hearing on gun-control or Upchuck Schumer uses that stupid "spray and spray" hyperbole to scare the soccermoms. If reason ruled the day we wouldn't even be having this debate!

I was showing how absurd it is to say private citizens shouldn't have full auto firearms when a  12ga Benelli loaded with buckshot can do just as much damage in close quarters. It's just that the duck hunter crowd who won't back us black rifle 'whackos' don't see that the SAME ARGUMENT for banning "spray and spray" MGs can and WILL be used to eventually ban their soon to be evil 'scatterguns'.

K?

(and I thought I dropped enough hints in my posts that I had my tongue firmly in cheek) [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:05:11 PM EDT
[#27]
When our rights were written....the Army and the civilians all had the same type of weapons.
To this date the wording is unchanged and we should have the right to own anything our Army has but out Goberment doesn't trust us.
We need to take a stand and soon.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:07:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:07:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Actually, I believe our forefathers had the idea that a public armed as well as the government military would deter that same government from a tolatarian position.

That just might fit the word NEED!

But hey, our politicians are smarter than our founders. NOT!
View Quote

Exactly.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:20:16 PM EDT
[#30]
We need automatic weapons to keep the government off our backs.  
Semi-autos aren't doing the job.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:23:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Omegaman you know of course that  Chuck Heston made that film right?  And are you the Omega(last)man?

I don't know how big you are physically,but I'm semi-large!   So with that thought in mind if you were of lesser stature and I could twist your neck in a second,would or should I be considered dangerous?

And in what manor so,just because I could be or because I am?

Same as any rifle semi or full auto,wouldn't you say?  All men die,but not all men truly live!

Come out of your shell,Keep the autos out of the bad guys hands,the good guys need them to offset the evil!

I work in a convince store in a bad part of town,I make it a point to carry a .45 acp!

I carry it only to protect me so that you don't harm me!   Now you won't rob me,as I won't just hand you over the money unless you hurt me!

And I won't shoot you unless you try to hurt me!

So  what was the point again?  Bad guys come in bunches sometimes like bananas,then its nice to have a Bad Guy Killer semi or full!

Most shootings here are from Shell.7-11,and stores that don't allow employees to carry(litigation reasons)  so very few crack-heads want to tackle a Viet store(cause we got guns)!

You figure it out hotshot!

Bob [:D]

Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:26:16 PM EDT
[#32]

After shooting a chain feed H&K model 21E last Sunday. I say BITE ME!
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:30:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Omegaman you know of course that  Chuck Heston made that film right?
View Quote
Damn fucking-A straight!

[img]http://www.horror-wood.com/mathes15.jpg[/img]

(though in real life Chuck wasn't really all that keen to evil black rifles)
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:57:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Omegaman you know of course that  Chuck Heston made that film right?
View Quote
Damn fucking-A straight!

[url]http://www.horror-wood.com/mathes15.jpg[/url]

(though in real life Chuck wasn't really all that keen to evil black rifles)
View Quote

That's not an evil black rifle he's holding...

That's an IntraTEC [s]Frankengun[/s] TEC-9... [puke]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:58:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Trust me the first time one goes FA it will give you a hardon or what i like to call x round grin were x is the amount of round u just went thtu. Full Auto is fun who cares why someone owns it its legal leave us alone.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 10:00:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
They're ALL "evil black rifles"! [:D]

Link Posted: 5/7/2003 10:10:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

No is not. The machinegun he used in the movie was a S&W M76 and all he did was murder innocent people. In the end his guns didn't save him either. That is why you should let the armed professionals of the police department handle violent encounters.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 10:50:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

No is not. The machinegun he used in the movie was a S&W M76 and all he did was murder innocent people. In the end his guns didn't save him either. That is why you should let the armed professionals of the police
department handle violent encounters.
View Quote

Man Imbroglio I love you..
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 10:57:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Imbro is correct. Military-style weapons (and now in the PRK, .50 BMG bolt guns) have only two purposes: killing and terrorizing. Hence it's patently obvious that the only people who have a legitimate use for them are police and other government agents.

cynic
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 11:58:03 PM EDT
[#40]
This thread got me thinking about several issues and I want to hear from my "Brothers-In-Arms"..I think I'm on topic, so there's no threat of hijacking the thread..

Let's just say, tomorrow we wake up, pick up the local paper and all 20k gun laws have been repealed..Where do we go from here? (Other than the local gunstore)

Should ex-felons be able to have guns?
Should juveniles be allowed to have guns?
Should guns be allowed in schools?
At what age can someone buy a gun?

Now, about the "We should be able to have the same armament as the military"
Should some mental whacko be able to buy a LAW Rocket?
How about bio weapons (We still have em)
Nukes?

Just in these few questions, I would have probably put 20 laws back on the books...

Don't get me wrong..I think people should be able to own whatever they wish, BUT, there are limitations in my thoughts on this matter.

And as far as the "people" having the same weapons as the revolutionary soldiers, yes they did, but there wasn't much of a choice back then either. Muzzle loading rifles, pistols or you have a cannon in your front yard which took several men to operate. We now have thousands of weapon types. That is a bad arguement in my books.

I say repeal the 1934 NFA, 1968 GCA, 1986 MG Ban and the 1994 AWB....(Brady Law too)..Small arms (anything .50BMG and below) are fine to me whether they are semi or full..

I have shot many full auto and although they're fun, they're a waste of ammo and money, but that's MY PERSONAL opinion. I prefer suppressed and DD's myself...I like things that go BOOM, but I also like it quiet once in a while..

Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:12:22 AM EDT
[#41]
I disagree 10000000%

MaverickMkii- they are already a pain in the arse to get your hands on, and when was the last time a legaly purchased machine gun was used in a crime, hint not the 97 north hollywood bank robbery, those guns were brought into the country from Guatamala IIRC.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:15:17 AM EDT
[#42]
I dont need it but I have a GOD given RIGHT to it!!

enough said
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:51:59 AM EDT
[#43]
Lot of anti-Constitution types on this gun board....

[banghead]
Scott
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 6:42:44 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
What say ye?
View Quote

I say I need to live in a free society where I can say, own, or do anything I please in exchange for not infringing on anyone else's life, liberty, or pursuit of happiness.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 6:50:31 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The machinegun he used in the movie was a S&W M76
View Quote
Yep. But evil nonetheless.

Quoted:
and all he did was murder innocent people. In the end his guns didn't save him either. That is why you should let the armed professionals of the police department handle violent encounters.
View Quote
But I figgered you'd wet yourself over the thought of unfettered blasting of zombietypes in an urban setting. Or do you have a warm spot in your ittybitty heart for biological "mutants" like Matthias who are technically not part of the walking undead? [:D]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 7:06:20 AM EDT
[#46]
all this talk is nonsense; we can understand how wrong machineguns are by example...

if automatic weapons were legal we will have all the problems of the swiss where such ownership is encouraged.  surely no one wants to have those problems...

(wink, wink, nod, nod)
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 7:07:19 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 7:35:07 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 9:25:44 AM EDT
[#49]
People who shoot their 30-30's [b]once[/b] a year are a lot more dangerous than people that shoot their MG's [b]every[/b] weekend.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top