Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/7/2003 1:34:07 PM EDT
Or knows Harry Beckwith? [url]http://www.afn.org/~guns/ayoob.html[/url]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 1:39:26 PM EDT
Bought my first gun from Harry, an old Marlin bolt action .22, with someone else's initials carved in the stock. Cost me $75 in 1994. Rob that runs the range is a great guy too.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:17:15 PM EDT
I just shot in a pistol competition there last Wednesday!
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:18:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/7/2003 2:20:09 PM EDT by Dru]
Hey Norm..... Didn't you work at M&C?
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:30:49 PM EDT
I've been in his shop a couple times. Nice guy.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:37:26 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Dru: Hey Norm..... Didn't you work at M&C?
View Quote
Yep, sure did. From 1998-2000 I think, give or take a year. If anyone remembers a guy with a shaved head, tattoos, big mutton chops, and an even bigger mouth, that was me.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:38:21 PM EDT
Originally Posted By RikWriter: I've been in his shop a couple times. Nice guy.
View Quote
I'm suprised you would say that given his HUGE collection of Nazi Lugers & assorted other Nazi trinkets.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:41:20 PM EDT
Bought my first gun there a little over a year ago. Pretty nice place. And yes, there really is a real bullet hole through a picture of a target on the wall. The range is pretty close to my apartment, and a good place to pop off a few rounds of pistol whenever you feel the need. That's one of my favorite stores to refer to whenever the subject of practical use of MGs comes up.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:41:51 PM EDT
Originally Posted By norman74:
View Quote
I'm suprised you would say that given his HUGE collection of Nazi Lugers & assorted other Nazi trinkets.
View Quote
Why? One of my best friends collects WWII memorabilia. Are you saying Harry Beckwith collects it because he's pro Nazi? I just assumed he had an interest in WWII. Maybe I was naive.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:02:15 PM EDT
Originally Posted By RikWriter:
Originally Posted By norman74:
View Quote
View Quote
Why? One of my best friends collects WWII memorabilia. Are you saying Harry Beckwith collects it because he's pro Nazi? I just assumed he had an interest in WWII. Maybe I was naive.
View Quote
I'm not going to say anything about what I think of his politics on an open forum. Regardless of his personal politics, Harry treated everyone I ever went down there with (hispanic, asian..) with respect. I will say this, I've never met anyone that collects only German WWII memorabilia that doesn't have leanings that direction.
Top Top