Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2003 1:12:42 PM EDT
 I simply want to know if a negative Credit Rating or Bankruptcy can keep you from purchasing a firearm and/or keep you from getting a handgun permit?  Thanks in advance for your responses.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 1:13:38 PM EDT
[#1]
No, not unless you are paying on credit!
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 1:20:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Maby if its an M82 or around that price.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 1:24:11 PM EDT
[#3]
NO but defaulting on child support is supposed to effect your ability to purchase Firearms.  
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:25:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Not unless, like most on this board, you are buying it with money you don't have (i.e. credit)
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:32:09 PM EDT
[#5]
[noclue][noclue][noclue][noclue][noclue]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:38:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Amendment II

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed unless your debts far exceed your assets or your ability to repay those debts, or you have defaulted on a loan within the previous twenty-four months or you are at least three months late on your car payment.

Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:54:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I buy all my guna and ammo with cash or check.  I dont do them on credit.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:20:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I buy all my guna and ammo with cash or check.  I dont do them on credit.
View Quote

With a job like collecting our taxes and spending OUR money I could understand!  I have bought a ton of stuff lately on the CC and if the crime bill dies I will have paid a lot of interest!  Just the same, I have filled most of the gaps that I wanted filled before this F-ing bill gets a chance to bite me again!
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:24:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for you responses guys.  I was worried that my shitty credit rating might screw me over.  I wasn't sure if they checked your rating when they call that number when making a purchase.  

Semper Fi and may your aim be true.  
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:33:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thanks for you responses guys.  I was worried that my shitty credit rating might screw me over.  I wasn't sure if they checked your rating when they call that number when making a purchase.  

Semper Fi and may your aim be true.  
View Quote

[size=5][red][b]DON'T GIVE THEM ANY IDEAS![/b][/red][/size=5]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:37:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:43:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:56:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 3:01:50 PM EDT
[#14]
In theory it could affect your pistol permit application depending on the state
View Quote

And in some states, like this one, it can affect your ability to get a CCW.z
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 3:53:04 PM EDT
[#15]
why?
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:52:00 PM EDT
[#16]
why?
View Quote

The state police define having a bad credit rating as a crime of "moral turpitude."  The state police here can deny anyone for any reason.  One man took a case all of the way to the state supreme court, and the court agreed with the state police.  He had a small unpaid bill at a furniture store from over 30 years ago.  His wife admitted to spending the money and never telling her husband, but that was enough for the court to rule that the state police did the right thing by not granting him a carry permit.z
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:58:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top