Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2003 8:41:35 AM EDT
a long long time ago, there was a link you could go to to look at your official military training record..

I'd like to check that out again, IIRC, it listed time lines and that would be quite helpful in updating my resume.

thanks.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:09:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Wouldn't this be on your 214? Or are you looking for a detailed record?

I wouldn't think that you could access your records online, at least I hope not. Although your records are technically public documents, I would think that you would have to go and get these in person (local VA), because of the growing fear of people using these records for Identity Theft.

Anywho, I'd go and get hardcopies from the VA so you can just make copies and have those with your resume, right behind your 214's. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:25:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Maybe your ACE (American Council of Education) Transcript?)

It lists all military schools, and what they equate to in college credits.

oops, this will probably only work for Navy and Marines. Were you either?

[url]https://smart.cnet.navy.mil/[/url]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:28:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I know this links to the Univ of Phoenix, but it has links for the OTHER branches of the military, and how to get transcripts...

[url]http://www.uopdegreesonline.com/military/transcripts.jsp#air[/url]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:47:48 AM EDT
[#4]
thanks for the links guys, however.....

it was a military website. and you could access online.

All you needed was your ssn, IIRC..

I've been there before, but have long since lost that link.

this site, gave jobs and training and credit hour equivalency iirc.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 10:19:50 AM EDT
[#5]
[url]https://aarts.leavenworth.army.mil/
[/url]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 10:39:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:37:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Try this one:

[url]www.dmdc.osd.mil/vmet/owa/vmet_web_display.login[/url]
View Quote

Sorry LT..

VMET Web Site is Down
View Quote

we're getting real close, one of the links provided above, got my info for AD... now If I can find the one that got me ALL my service record info...we'll be getting somewhere.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 2:54:22 PM EDT
[#8]
When I talked to someone at the National Archives in St Louis a couple of years ago, they said they didn't even have their indexes computerized, much less any of the data.  They've lost years worth of paperwork (like all of the Ca's through some Ce's for most years), so I doubt they'd have it computerized, much less online.  The standard quote to get paperwork from them, assuming they can find it, is still six+ weeks.z
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:23:21 PM EDT
[#9]
zoom, I've been to a site that gives me what I'm asking for here... so I know it existed at one time...

I did do the records thing last night... . but that's a totaly diff. thing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top