Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:26:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:30:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
[size=3]Thats it, I'VE HAD IT![/size=3]

Im going to get my hunting licence today and for every a stupid commment in this tread, I will turn a wolf into swiss cheese!

View Quote

... Hey! Hold on a minute!
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:32:31 PM EDT
[#3]
[lolabove] I don't think you would offend them T.J. as much as you would evaporate them!
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:37:12 PM EDT
[#4]
i'm surprised how many gun enthusiasts subscribe to the earth worshiping environment-religion peta crap

damn hippies

TAXIDERMY RULES!
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:35:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The whole "wolf thing" is quite simple--the Communists of the world (and especially in this country) are using the "plight of the wolf" and subsequent "restoration" as a means to replace hunting, and therefore the "need" for firearms in America.
View Quote

That is the biggest crock of shit I have heard in a long time.  [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:43:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Where the hell do you guys live?!
From reading this post it seems everyone here is knee deep in wolves!
As far as I know The only wolves around are in yellowstone and along the upper edge of the US especially around the great lakes.

I really dont see a need for wolf hunting do you? Unless your in an area where there is an actual population. There have been a few wolves killed by people/ranchers who thought they were coyotes.
Yes they are rembrersed for thier losses.
There are very few wolves in most of this country. They are needed in my opinon to keep the exploding amount of coyotes in check. When they introduced wolves back into yellowstone it brought down the # of cyotes back to a managable level it also killed quite a few elk.

Yes most ranchers are dirt poor. Most have thier places by the tip of thier fingers and colud be forclosed on if they didnt pay thier massive loans. That is because Of a Shitty cattle market not because thier are suddenly wolves everywhere. And Im damn sure if the animals are targeting someones animals they will be shot right or wrong you just wont hear about it. Ive seen hawks and bald egles shot for coming after chickens. If you want do do somthing good for nature go shoot a coyote and stop bitching about wolves.
View Quote

Man, you save me a lot of typing!  I think this is the second time this week!

Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:49:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
[On a 30 mile backpacking trip through Idaho's largest designated wilderness we found an average of 3 elk or deer carcauses that had been killed by wolves for every mile of the trail. They ARE decimating our wildlife populations.
View Quote

[b]ALL[/B] of em killed by wolves huh?  How could ya tell? [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:55:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I've already shot everything I care to shoot well except for a large propane tank with a tracer.
View Quote

You need a better ignition source.  Combo it with a flare; also makes it easier to see. [;)]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:58:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I come from a ranching family and I agree with wolf reintroduction.
As long as it is done in ALL of their former ranges.  Jogging in Central Park, near Golden Gate and a few other urban areas would suddenly become a much more interesting pastime.

SRM
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:24:21 PM EDT
[#10]
quoted by 1GUNRUNNER
[b]ALL[/B] of em killed by wolves huh?  How could ya tell? [rolleyes][/quote]

I guess the evidence of wolf prints the size of my hand on the trail and around each of the kills, the wolf scat with hair in it, or the fact that the wife is a vet tech. and wolf zoology is her hobby?[}:D] Or maybe our evil assault squirrels killed them??
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:30:30 PM EDT
[#11]

quoted from NoVaGator

[/quote]So you found 90 wolf-killed elk or deer? I find that hard to believe.[/quote]

I'll tell ya what, get your ass over to Idaho and I will gladly take you into the woods and let you see for yourself. This isn't Kansas Toto. The Frank Church Wilderness of No Return is the largest area of wilderness with NO roads in it in the lower 48 states. We packed in for 3 days and did not see a soul in that 30 miles. Much of the trail was overgrown. I don't think you understand, wolves don't just kill one or two of the herd, they will anhiliate everything they come across. Don't take my word for it, come see for yourself.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:58:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Not seeing a wolf will never cost me dime, but it will cost the American rancher money, as they are forced by the Federal government that they must allow a species to live on their land, that their ancestors fought to get rid of.
View Quote

Our ancestors did all they could to get rid of the Bison too, just because our ancestors killed something doesn't mean that thing was evil. I've got nothing against killing a wolf for a reason like protecting livestock. The idea that we should kill every one we see is just nuts. You can say God gave us dominion over the animals but I doubt that directly translates into killing them all.

So many people here seem to act like like they love the outdoors, but don't want to keep the outdoors alive. I'm not talking about PETA conservation, I'm talking about hunters conservation. Wolves can be dangerous & you should be allowed to defend yourself, but if you kill everything thats dangerous I guarantee that you WILL cause immense damage to the ecosystem (and no, that word is not made up by hippies).
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:00:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Is it a "timber wolf" or "prarie wolf" that is actually a coyote?  Now, I've hunted and killed a sh!!!t load of coyotes and this one looks like a slightly bigger version of many of the coyotes I've killed. Sounds like the description of a wolf, huh? A big coyote.  But as is true with the majority of species, the further north you go the larger they get.  I'd double check too make sure this is actually a wolf.

For all you anti-wolf hunters on here... it is very legal to hunt wolves in some states in this country.  Think about how you feel when liberals persecute your firearms and you'll realize what you're doing to the hunters on this board.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:01:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
[size=3]Thats it, I'VE HAD IT![/size=3]

Im going to get my hunting licence today and for every a stupid commment in this tread, I will turn a wolf into swiss cheese!

View Quote

Why don't you start with this one.
<---
View Quote

How much is an out of state hunting license? [:)]
View Quote

Free...just tell me when and where.  But you better put down the beer, cigarettes, and your cousin, and get in shape because this isn't Texas!  Hooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwlllllllllll!!![:D]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:20:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Man, you save me a lot of typing! I think this is the second time this week!
View Quote

LOL

I now leave it to you...
In the next one of these enviromental threads It is your turn to type some common sense!
So that it saves me time. Now just get thier first so I dont have to type it out again...
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:39:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Killing an animal because you have to(thinning the heard, defending yourself and property, food, etc.) is fine.  Killing an animal so you can stuff it and pose it in your living room is cruel and arrogant.  If you want a statue of an animal in your home, why does it have to be made from a real animal?  A synthetic one could be made to look and feel exactly like the real thing.  It would probably cost less and a life wouldn't have to be ended senselessly.  Having domain over animals doesn't mean you can kill anything that moves.  It means we're charged with the responsibility of protecting God's other creations.

[img]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=476[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:51:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Killing an animal because you have to(thinning the heard, defending yourself and property, food, etc.) is fine.  Killing an animal so you can stuff it and pose it in your living room is cruel and arrogant.  If you want a statue of an animal in your home, why does it have to be made from a real animal?  A synthetic one could be made to look and feel exactly like the real thing.  It would probably cost less and a life wouldn't have to be ended senselessly.  Having domain over animals doesn't mean you can kill anything that moves.  It means we're charged with the responsibility of protecting God's other creations.

[url]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=476[/url]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
View Quote

Exactly...thats the test, to see if you can use that dominion correctly and not abuse it.

Restraint is a necessary and vital attribute of an advanced society.

You Da Man!
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:52:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
or the fact that the wife is a vet tech. and wolf zoology is her hobby?[}:D]
View Quote

Does she also think they should be exterminated?  

Who wins between the dogs and the cats?
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:52:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Screw the wolves, people!  Baby seal are much, much tastier.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:29:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
 The myth--[i]and it is a myth[/i]--that wolves only prey on the "sick and weak" is absolutely untrue.  It sounds good for propaganda purposes, but it is patently false.  There are predators that do this, such as dingoes and jackals, but wolves do not need to limit themselves to only the weak.  I'm sorry to interject truth into this thread--  [;D]
View Quote

I have trailed after mtn. lions for years. I have yet to see anything but bucks killled by the big tom lions. I would think big healthy bucks. Healthy enough to be solo in the great outdoors. A female with cubs will (training)kill, any deer possible though.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 10:30:16 PM EDT
[#21]
well, It looks like unless I go to Alaska, I cant do any Wolf hunting- however it is year round season for Coyotes here in Washington, almost the same as a wolf, any responses for NO BAG LIMIT!!!!

BwaHahahaha!...BwaHahahaha![/evil laugh]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 10:37:09 PM EDT
[#22]
It's funny when people talk about ranchers getting reimbursed for cattle killed by wolves. How easy would it be to find the killed cattle on say a 30,000 acre ranch. Oh & then you have to prove the wolves killed it, & didn't just scavenge it. Sounds like a wonderful "deal" the feds have worked out for our cattle barons. It's even funnier to hear how flippant some of you are in the way you say no big deal if their cattle get killed. You wouldn't say that if someone stole your paycheck I'll bet. You want to save the wolves from man, but let the wolves eat every animal in sight.
If the pitbull scenario doesn't work, then like SRM said lets let the wolves be let go to live in your yards, & see how the sheeple will cry, WOLF!WOLF! Kill The WOLF.
As far as the Eco system goes, we haven't had wolves in a long time, & the Eco systems seem to be doing alright, but it sounds like the guys that this will affect say it already is a detriment to their non predatory species.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:28:54 AM EDT
[#23]
I guess the Russkies haven't been enlightened as to the wolf's benign nature.  They've been carrying shotguns on their spaceships since a wolf pack tried to eat a Soyuz crew!
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 3:20:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Spare the animal, stuff and mount a liberal instead!
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 4:32:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 6:33:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Why exactly should we reintroduce wolves anyway?  What do they do that a couple of coyotes don't do?

Wouldn't these sissy PETA freaks enjoy seeing more bambi's, thumpers, and duckies?

Wildlife is in pretty decent balance due to hunting.  The last thing we need is another dangerous, and protected animal roaming the wild.

Besides, "problem" wolves only get taken care of AFTER they become a problem.  Which means they have already killed pets and livestock.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 2:27:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
some people............

imagine thinking that the term "redneck" is derogatory.

[LOL]

View Quote

Redneck isnt necessarily derogatory, the word dumbass is. But I guess since you're a "neck", you couldnt figger that one out.[:)]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 1:30:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Btt, ding,ding,ding.    DING, round 2 of a scheduled 6 round bout.[stick]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top