Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

Bedazzled pants and matching flat brim
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 80085:

Does it come with a free Ed Hardy bandana?

Bedazzled pants and matching flat brim

WIC's in!
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 10:58:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By williedikker72:

Old Vector Polish
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MaxxII:
Wanted to get a pic of this awhile back when there was talk of AK and CZ owners being odd. Just wanted to back up the statement.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48347/20230129_134123_jpg-2690005.JPG

I appreciate your contribution.

ETA - Nice Romy folder.

Old Vector Polish

Apologies!

Saw it neither a Yugo underfolder nor a Chinese, and assumed a Romy.

Polish makes it double plus gooder, (TM)
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 11:00:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By WIC:

if god had wanted us to eat seafood, we'd have a baculum and be called walruses

well, yeah I like crab rangoons, cause they good. cream cheese n all.
View All Quotes

Seafood rocks.
Crab rangoon is just a warm creamy unknown substance in a deep fried crust.
Figures you'd be all over it.

if god had wanted us to eat seafood, we'd have a baculum and be called walruses

well, yeah I like crab rangoons, cause they good. cream cheese n all.

You wanna eat deep fried bukkake, that's totally your business.

No judgement.
This is a no kink shaming zone.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 11:01:28 PM EDT
[#4]

What’s wrong with an ariens?
View All Quotes

If only you had a real snow thrower.

It's just a snow blower, not a snow THROWER.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 11:03:13 PM EDT
[#5]

don't get him started. he'll start talking about his snow "thrower" that needs a five man crew to operate it and how he got such a great deal at sears Lowes on it. And then he will tell you how he only gets to use it when they get a dusting of snow, because they don't get real snow falls in Misery.

Ariens is tier 1. This one has a bulletproof (US made) Tecumseh engine. There is nothing wrong with it.

Wisconsin. Gay.
View All Quotes

don't get him started. he'll start talking about his snow "thrower" that needs a five man crew to operate it and how he got such a great deal at sears Lowes on it. And then he will tell you how he only gets to use it when they get a dusting of snow, because they don't get real snow falls in Misery.

Ariens is tier 1. This one has a bulletproof (US made) Tecumseh engine. There is nothing wrong with it.

Wisconsin. Gay.

Fixt
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 11:05:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By rbb2:
View Quote

Dammit.....

Link Posted: 1/31/2023 11:15:10 PM EDT
[#7]
tacos are a legitimate excuse
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/31/2023 11:18:51 PM EDT
[#8]
LOL, my youngest was just requesting to see you by name, and here you are.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 11:21:14 PM EDT
[#9]

It's just a snow blower, not a snow THROWER.
View Quote

How can you argue with someone of this caliber?
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 11:21:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By sywagon:
Thanks. Older brother. Not the kind that roughs you up a little or whatever, the kind that tells all the kids in the neighborhood they aren't allowed to play with you and ditches you. Even in HS, when we had a lot of mutual friends of friends etc. he made sure he kept "his" isolated. As I said, there have been some goodish times as adults, but payback is a bitch when you call your little brother asking for $ after being such a dick. It's an easy no, your on your own, hope you have your shit together soon because you can't mooch off of mom and dad forever.

We were part of desegregation in Elementary and I was an extreme minority (e.g only one in my 5th grade class) which came along with constant bullying. He was two grades ahead and could have stopped it but did nothing. That was the true litmus.

Knife was returned, no one saw it but my wife and I. Frankly the quality was a little disappointing but that doesn't change anything.
View All Quotes
Recall the Japanese knife I got for my mom for Christmas I posted? So he finally gets into town staying with my parents and he calls up. Since he usually doesn't have anything, I tell him what I got to suggest that she could use better knife storage. He claims he got her a "Pro" knife some time back and she didn't need it. So I tell him well it's too late to do anything different so I'm going to wrap it up and explicitly tell him not to talk to her about it. I get a call the next evening (23rd, we do 24th presents) "I talked to mom about that knife and she wants you to return it (i.e. he told her the price and everything and convinced her sight unseen). It had just arrived and I hadn't even had a chance to wrap it.

Just a most recent example. We've had some good times as adults, and some adventures, but he always comes back around to being a dick like he always was when we were kids. Not someone that ever once had my back.

Oh and when I got there it was a fucking Mercer with a plastic handle and as I had recalled everything else was shit too.

wow, number of thoughts going through my mind.

I've got your back
He is a dick
Is he older or younger than you?
Do you still have the Japanese knife?
Neckties, contracts, high voltage
Thanks. Older brother. Not the kind that roughs you up a little or whatever, the kind that tells all the kids in the neighborhood they aren't allowed to play with you and ditches you. Even in HS, when we had a lot of mutual friends of friends etc. he made sure he kept "his" isolated. As I said, there have been some goodish times as adults, but payback is a bitch when you call your little brother asking for $ after being such a dick. It's an easy no, your on your own, hope you have your shit together soon because you can't mooch off of mom and dad forever.

We were part of desegregation in Elementary and I was an extreme minority (e.g only one in my 5th grade class) which came along with constant bullying. He was two grades ahead and could have stopped it but did nothing. That was the true litmus.

Knife was returned, no one saw it but my wife and I. Frankly the quality was a little disappointing but that doesn't change anything.

I'm sorry your older brother is a disappointment like that.
My younger brother is a good kid. Liberal, (cant live 15 years in NYC and not escape unscathed), but a good kid (45 yoa) for the most part.
Counterpoint to your brother...
My younger brother got into a lot of fights with bigger kids in grade school and I would always jump in an save him. He was in 3rd grade and I was in 6th. I came out to the playground and saw him egging a bigger kid on, and then backing off when he didnt see me. He scanned the crowd some more, saw me, and then ramped it up to 11.
Fight started, and I let him get his ass kicked.
He was furious with me, but I pointed out that I would defend him to the death as long as he wasnt starting fights.
He got quiet and nodded his head.
He's a Physician's Assistant in PA now with a kid of his own.
I'm proud of him.

I'd bet that your brother is proud of you as well.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 11:21:46 PM EDT
[#11]

You wanna eat deep fried bukkake, that's totally your business.

No judgement.
This is a no kink shaming zone.
View Quote

this is totally a kink shaming zone
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 11:23:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By MrSig239:
Spent the day moving things around in the wood shop. Sick of not being able to sweep between everything. Looks and works much better now.
Grabbed a cutoff from another project and spit this out today. Good practice and fun to make. Measures about 2" around and 3" high.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56211/eggcuptry_JPG-2692846.JPG
View Quote

Wooden shot glass?
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 11:30:30 PM EDT
[#13]

I thought lawyers had business licenses, ya know for being in the business of ducking people over…

Do you have a business license, cow?
View Quote

I have a business license, but they are asking me stupid questions like where do I plan to sell these knives, and I told them, wherever the hell I want.

Or do you mean the law firm? Yes, that too. If you have payroll and associated state taxes to pay (including workers comp) you have to have a business registration with the DOR so they can make sure they are getting their cut from you. But not for resale, legal services are not taxed in Wisconsin.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 11:30:55 PM EDT
[#14]

That's a lot of siblings.
View Quote

Compound life...
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 11:31:52 PM EDT
[#15]

oh, I dunno, something from the Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap album...

we appreciates you here sy, what would we do without you

https://i.imgur.com/ndln9S6.jpg

we're your family now

View All Quotes
Yeah, I know, I talk tough but that is the truth. My parents can handle it for now when it comes up which at least isn't constant anymore.

What song - I'll watch a youtube?

oh, I dunno, something from the Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap album...

we appreciates you here sy, what would we do without you

https://i.imgur.com/ndln9S6.jpg

we're your family now

Hilarious/awful story I cant believe I'm sharing...

I joined the Marines at 19.
My family moved while I was in the middle of boot camp.
Nobody told me.
Mom and Dad, and little brother didnt say a thing.
They all thought somebody had told me in a letter.
Meanwhile, I'm busy writing letters pretty much daily from boot camp.
I get something like a months worth of letters marked "Returned to Sender, no such person at this address" in giant red stamped letters across a stack of letters.
The DI that night was the "heavy", (mean one)...I get handed a PILE of letters at mail call that night.
"Dont worry son, the Corps is your family now."

That was fucking awful.

Got letters the following week with the new address.
Mom still feels bad to this day.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 11:36:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By MrSig239:
"are you suggesting all older siblings are dicks?"

I have 3 brothers and 5 sisters! I'm the middle child. Thank goodness we all get along! A few have their quirks but they all have my back.
Taco Tuesday with food I can eat:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56211/IMG_3700_JPG-2693116.JPG
View Quote
lol no, we knew good older siblings. In fact three of my closest friends in HS were all brothers of different ages and they were thick as thieves. We all hung out together all the time.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 11:39:57 PM EDT
[#17]

My younger brother is a good kid. Liberal, (cant live 15 years in NYC and not escape unscathed), but a good kid (45 yoa) for the most part.
My younger brother got into a lot of fights with bigger kids in grade school and I would always jump in an save him. He was in 3rd grade and I was in 6th. I came out to the playground and saw him egging a bigger kid on, and then backing off when he didnt see me. He scanned the crowd some more, saw me, and then ramped it up to 11.
He was furious with me, but I pointed out that I would defend him to the death as long as he wasnt starting fights.
I'm proud of him.

View All Quotes
Recall the Japanese knife I got for my mom for Christmas I posted? So he finally gets into town staying with my parents and he calls up. Since he usually doesn't have anything, I tell him what I got to suggest that she could use better knife storage. He claims he got her a "Pro" knife some time back and she didn't need it. So I tell him well it's too late to do anything different so I'm going to wrap it up and explicitly tell him not to talk to her about it. I get a call the next evening (23rd, we do 24th presents) "I talked to mom about that knife and she wants you to return it (i.e. he told her the price and everything and convinced her sight unseen). It had just arrived and I hadn't even had a chance to wrap it.

Just a most recent example. We've had some good times as adults, and some adventures, but he always comes back around to being a dick like he always was when we were kids. Not someone that ever once had my back.

Oh and when I got there it was a fucking Mercer with a plastic handle and as I had recalled everything else was shit too.

wow, number of thoughts going through my mind.

I've got your back
He is a dick
Is he older or younger than you?
Do you still have the Japanese knife?
Neckties, contracts, high voltage

I'm proud of him.

Interesting perspective, thanks.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 11:46:09 PM EDT
[#18]

I have a business license, but they are asking me stupid questions like where do I plan to sell these knives, and I told them, wherever the hell I want.

Or do you mean the law firm? Yes, that too. If you have payroll and associated state taxes to pay (including workers comp) you have to have a business registration with the DOR so they can make sure they are getting their cut from you. But not for resale, legal services are not taxed in Wisconsin.
View All Quotes

I thought lawyers had business licenses, ya know for being in the business of ducking people over…

Do you have a business license, cow?

What company is this?
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 11:58:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Ha, thanks, appreciate it bud. Glad to see the truck is staying warm out there.
View Quote

Back in high school I won a small battle with my father and was allowed to buy a pick up truck. My first vehicle. A GMC Sierra.

It was beautiful. Fire truck red, pristine. Old, but pristine.

It had been a farm truck. It had a 4.3 V6. Unbeknownst to me, the farmer had fucked that thing over pretty good pulling chains of hay wagons. Driving around on the first tank of gas, the oil light came on. Check the oil, there was no oil. Go back to the dealer, they rebuilt the engine. It still burned oil. Then I paid far too much and had a 305 put in it to save money on gas. It didn't save any money, 305 was too small for that truck.

But that's not what this story is about. It's about engine heaters.

So young lad with a new truck wants to keep his baby warm in the Wisconsin winters. I bought an engine heater and drove out to the shop for the construction firm I worked for, family friend, had previously been farmers too. I'm standing there in front of the truck, hood open, heater in hand, just staring in there. Guy that owns the company comes out, asks what I am doing, tell him I am installing an engine heater, he asks if I know what I am doing, I say no, my girlfriend laughs at me, he tells her to knock it off (he knew both our families pretty well) guy has to learn somehow, he reaches in to the engine bay, cuts a hose, fluids flying everywhere, tells me to put some hose clamps on there and stick the heater in there, which I do. All done just in time for winter to hit.

Parking in the driveway at home I had to park at the end of the driveway, which meant I was running a long (brand new, expensive to young me) extension cord from the garage to the truck to keep my baby warm.  Worked pretty well until one day in February, my dad is out there blowing snow and went just a little too far to the side, caught and chewed up the extension cord that had been sitting there for months. Lost my shit because owning a vehicle was just one expense after another. He apologized and said he would get me another but I was beyond consolation.

Then I cut the bad section out of the cord and patched it back together and kept using the cord. I still have the cord.

Lot less drama with this Sierra since you told me how to get the plug cover off and I can park right next to where I plug it in. Truck does seem to run happier being plugged in over night.

I think my ex has a picture of the first truck somewhere. I should ask her for it.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 12:01:53 AM EDT
[#20]

Nobody told me.
I get something like a months worth of letters marked "Returned to Sender, no such person at this address" in giant red stamped letters across a stack of letters.
The DI that night was the "heavy", (mean one)...I get handed a PILE of letters at mail call that night.

That was fucking awful.

View Quote

that is pretty funny in hindsight
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 12:02:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By TriggerGSP:

What company is this?
View Quote

Blue ridge
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 12:05:00 AM EDT
[#22]

Back in high school I won a small battle with my father and was allowed to buy a pick up truck. My first vehicle. A GMC Sierra.

It had been a farm truck. It had a 4.3 V6. Unbeknownst to me, the farmer had fucked that thing over pretty good pulling chains of hay wagons. Driving around on the first tank of gas, the oil light came on. Check the oil, there was no oil. Go back to the dealer, they rebuilt the engine. It still burned oil. Then I paid far too much and had a 305 put in it to save money on gas. It didn't save any money, 305 was too small for that truck.

So young lad with a new truck wants to keep his baby warm in the Wisconsin winters. I bought an engine heater and drove out to the shop for the construction firm I worked for, family friend, had previously been farmers too. I'm standing there in front of the truck, hood open, heater in hand, just staring in there. Guy that owns the company comes out, asks what I am doing, tell him I am installing an engine heater, he asks if I know what I am doing, I say no, my girlfriend laughs at me, he tells her to knock it off (he knew both our families pretty well) guy has to learn somehow, he reaches in to the engine bay, cuts a hose, fluids flying everywhere, tells me to put some hose clamps on there and stick the heater in there, which I do. All done just in time for winter to hit.

Parking in the driveway at home I had to park at the end of the driveway, which meant I was running a long (brand new, expensive to young me) extension cord from the garage to the truck to keep my baby warm.  Worked pretty well until one day in February, my dad is out there blowing snow and went just a little too far to the side, caught and chewed up the extension cord that had been sitting there for months. Lost my shit because owning a vehicle was just one expense after another. He apologized and said he would get me another but I was beyond consolation.

Then I cut the bad section out of the cord and patched it back together and kept using the cord. I still have the cord.

Lot less drama with this Sierra since you told me how to get the plug cover off and I can park right next to where I plug it in. Truck does seem to run happier being plugged in over night.

I think my ex has a picture of the first truck somewhere. I should ask her for it.
View All Quotes
Ha, thanks, appreciate it bud. Glad to see the truck is staying warm out there.

Great story, good to have guys like that out there willing to help young folks without being condescending. I certainly do my best. Plus I would have forgot to put the hose clamp on first and more fluid would have come out.

It would be cool to see the truck.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 12:13:54 AM EDT
[#23]

Blue ridge
View All Quotes

What company is this?

Blue ridge

I assume you’re going to sell them locally, that’s what I do, and that’s what I told them. “Amazon”, and “Ebay” are trigger words you don’t want to use.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 12:17:50 AM EDT
[#24]
now you tell me
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 12:22:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TriggerGSP] [#25]
now you tell me
View Quote

No one asked.

Once you send your application in, and they set up your account you’ll never hear from them again.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 12:23:49 AM EDT
[#26]

Nobody told me.

That was fucking awful.

View Quote

Damn.

I'm guessing that happens every now and then for him to show empathy as a DI.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 12:24:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 80085] [#27]

OK, bad advice. No online sales.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 12:28:57 AM EDT
[#28]
they want specifics if you mention "online"
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 12:29:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Great story, good to have guys like that out there willing to help young folks without being condescending. I certainly do my best. Plus I would have forgot to put the hose clamp on first and more fluid would have come out.

It would be cool to see the truck.
View Quote

LOL, we still lost plenty of coolant, we had to pour a bunch into my truck. He had maybe 10 trucks and one in particular was a beast that he had dropped a 454 big block into. Had to modify the shocks, hell just about everything had to be modified for the weight of that engine. He had coolant just sitting around for that cobbled together beast. That thing was kinda scary. It ran well, but it sure didn't look it. No handling, it just kinda glided along in one direction.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 12:58:22 AM EDT
[#30]
they want specifics if you mention "online"
View Quote

I’d imagine. MAP, and whatnot comes into play. I’d just clarify by saying “My Facebook page”.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 1:03:05 AM EDT
[#31]

Nobody told me.

That was fucking awful.

View Quote

That is fucking hilarious, but I'm sure it sucked incredibly at the time!

That sounds like it belongs in one of the periodic prank suggestion threads.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 1:16:11 AM EDT
[#32]

I’d imagine. MAP, and whatnot comes into play. I’d just clarify by saying “My Facebook page”.
View Quote

I said i'd sell to those guys on ar15.com.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 1:23:20 AM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

Ha, they probably had to Google it.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 9:45:07 AM EDT
[#34]
I figured they would just say no idea, not a threat and approve.

knowing my luck I will get the one employee with ambition who wont just slide it through.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 9:45:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 9:46:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 12:50:07 PM EDT
[#37]
For displaying your nugs?
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 12:55:30 PM EDT
[#38]

Have you seen Spyderco's new pricing on those? $500 MAP.
View Quote

Nice. I paid a little more than half of that
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 12:56:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By PraesidiumFabrica:

I think that's a good looking spyderco. I don't care for  the super exaggerated thumb hole look on say the para.

not my personal style if I designed a knife but its got a nice sweeping flow to it
View Quote

It's that Sinkevich touch. I like about everything he's put out
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 12:57:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By JaredGrey:
https://i.imgur.com/y96rwc1.jpg
View Quote

Two very different knives
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 1:02:11 PM EDT
[#41]

It's that Sinkevich touch. I like about everything he's put out
View Quote

Agreed. Neat designs. Some of his custom and one-off stuff is amazing.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 4:20:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 5:01:17 PM EDT
[#43]
https://i.imgur.com/kRq9zlH.jpg
View Quote

I thought that was an orange tinted Nalgene bottle with a sticker on it. It provided hope that you were making some positive health changes for the new year, drink more water and cut back on the alcohol.

Nope.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 5:02:02 PM EDT
[#44]
https://i.imgur.com/w5fUfZy.jpg
View Quote

Bowel obstruction in a tube. You need more broccoli.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 5:03:47 PM EDT
[#45]

Agreed. Neat designs. Some of his custom and one-off stuff is amazing.
View Quote

Yep. Like that knife I showed you earlier. Beautiful. Very sinkevenchent.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 5:30:03 PM EDT
[#46]

As an aging gentleman who seems above board in morals, your friend should consider speaking to his doctor about medicinal marijuana use. Though a schedule I substance, it does indeed have valid medicinal purposes. If your friend so deems, after speaking with competent medical professionals, to medicate via state legal means, then I would strongly suggest your friend keep that to himself.
View Quote

Get one of the lawyers to write that?
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 5:50:03 PM EDT
[#47]

nice capture of the colors

and weed bowl
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 5:51:33 PM EDT
[#48]

I thought that was an orange tinted Nalgene bottle with a sticker on it. It provided hope that you were making some positive health changes for the new year, drink more water and cut back on the alcohol.

Nope.
View Quote

for all the bourbon I have, I don't drink much

I do drink a lot of water now with the changes we made at the office.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 5:53:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WIC] [#49]

Bowel obstruction in a tube. You need more broccoli.
View Quote

false

vegetables that are not asparagus are bad

jalapeno is a fruit and therefore good
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 6:00:05 PM EDT
[#50]
knife

doin knife stuff
Page / 3088
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top