Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/6/2003 4:10:35 PM EDT
Look at this e-mail I just got: "Hello, We are a growing company in Estonia (our country is near former USSR). Our business nature is wholesale in general electronics, medical equipment and agricultural area. We have 2 shops and several showrooms in Estonia. We are looking to expand our business and want to use PayPal payment system to make the clearing process fast, easy, secure and convenient for overseas customers especially from United States. Our company believes that international relations can start a new grade in the business and result in successful and profitable mutual work. At this time we are unable to open our own Paypal account since Paypal does not include our country in their list. If you are looking to make additional profit we will accept you as our representative in your country. You will keep 7,5% of each deal we conduct. We plan to forward our merchandise in exchange of paypal and check payments. Your part is very important: accept funds and forward it to us. It is not a full time work but a very convenient and fast additional income. Being our agent may grow into future branch opening in your area if you are interested and the business will be on up and up. We are going to market our production on ebay and other online auctions, place ads in papers and develop other means of advertisement. Please respond asap and you will get additional details on how you can become our representative. Joining us and starting business today will cost you nothing. Sincerely, Alex Popov, Director of UBS Marketing Dept. P.S. We have obtained your email address from the marketing agency on the internet. I knew my SHip would come in one day......... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I'm calling: [BS2]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 4:21:35 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 4:50:19 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:07:33 PM EDT
Well... Afarr, since you're rich now- Can I have your AR50?? [i] Pleeeeze??? [/i] I promise I'll take really good care of it! [:d] PS. You coming out to the buffalo blast II on the 18th?
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:13:42 PM EDT
Grock, Won't know until later that week--I've got call on Sat/Sun AMs and may have to go in. AFARR
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:55:04 PM EDT
Damn it. I was wondering what happened to my money.
Originally Posted By FrankSquid: We got a nice hand written letter from south Africa with the same kind of scam. They wanted to deposit $1,000,000 US into our account and would pay $40,000 for our troubles. The kicker is that they wanted [i]power of attorney[/i] access to our back account. **cough** BULL SHIT **cough**
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 6:11:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/6/2003 6:11:38 PM EDT by ShakyJake]
Sincerely, Alex Popov, Director of [red]UBS[/red] Marketing Dept.
View Quote
[red]U[/red]ltimate [red]B[/red]ull [red]Shit[/red]? [:P]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 6:30:02 PM EDT
isnt estonisa the country always mentioned in the "dilbert" cartoon?
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 9:11:18 PM EDT
SuperDav, I think its Elbonia in Dilbert comics. Back to subject: Crooks are going hi-tech, this sounds much like the letter I received from some Royal Consul of Nigeria a while back...story went something like--some royal family was fearful of uprisings in the country and was looking for a way to move their money out of the country. I would be rewarded hansomely by simply allowing them to use my checking acct to move their money into the international markets. I may have just fell off the turnip truck but I didn't hit my head...the letter went into file #13.
Top Top