Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2003 3:35:40 PM EDT
I just got Play Station 2. What games are must haves? I like action and sports but I want to know what games you would keep with your PS 2. Thanks
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:37:01 PM EDT
[#1]
if you like cars...gran turismo 3 is the SHIT!! best game of all time
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:38:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Halo!

[}:D]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:38:49 PM EDT
[#3]
SOCOM...
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:47:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Best advice, sell it and buy a Xbox, then get Halo, Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell, and coming out Thursday, Return to Castle Wolfenstien. You won't regret it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:52:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Both Grand Theft Auto games.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:57:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Gran Turismo 3. hands down. It's the sole reason I bought PS2.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 4:02:40 PM EDT
[#7]
ID get splinter cell, GTA3 and vice city, redfaction 1 and 2, atv offraod furry 1 and 2, SSX tricky. My PS2 is up for sale or trade as I have an Xbox now and dont need both[:D]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 4:30:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Ghost recon is pretty cool.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 4:30:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Medal of Honor: Frontline
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 4:40:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Halo!

[}:D]
View Quote

Agreed.

J.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 4:44:15 PM EDT
[#11]
GTA 3 & GTA 3 Vice City is THE game to have.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:04:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Vice City rules, just don't try to collect all the weapons used in the game.  (I have everything except the minigun, PSG1 and rocket launcher).
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 6:57:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Metal Gear Solid 2
and if you like RPGS Final Fantasy X.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:17:46 PM EDT
[#14]
SOCOM is a great modern shooter. You command a SEAL team through a voice recognition headset

GTA 3 is funny as hell

GTA Vice City is GTA 3 with many more vehicles to drive and fly.  Coolest game ever. Period.  Many celebrity voices you may recognize.

Silent Hill 2 is fun on a dark rainy night

Red Faction is a great cheap shooter.  Don't forget to attach a mine to a few enemies.  You don't have to detonate it, just let them run around screaming.

Medal of Honor Frontline doesn't play as well as some other shooters, but it's still a must have.

H
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:34:10 PM EDT
[#15]
If you have a wife or G/F that likes to be scared try Resident Evil. Play it at night with them at the controls. Offer advice like "Don't go in *there*!" or "Lookout!" at the right times. Take over when it gets "too scary" for the gal. They love that team gaming stuff.

Great bonding tool. Worth the price of the game and the system.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 12:07:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If you have a wife or G/F that likes to be scared try Resident Evil. Play it at night with them at the controls. Offer advice like "Don't go in *there*!" or "Lookout!" at the right times. Take over when it gets "too scary" for the gal. They love that team gaming stuff.

Great bonding tool. Worth the price of the game and the system.
View Quote
Resident evil isnt that Scary. Silent Hill on the other hand had me freaked out for a while when I first played it.

Link Posted: 5/7/2003 12:15:34 AM EDT
[#17]
games I recommend

Devil May Cry
Devil May Cry 2
Way of the Samurai
Grand Theft Auto 3(stay AWAY from vice city. it blows. cars are impossible to control)
Ecco The Dolphin(yes I like some of the kid games too)
Silent Scope 1
Terminator Dawn of Fate
Kingdom Hearts

sorry that's all I can think of. Those games are all high on my list. although my list is very short. I'm VERY discriminative against which games I play. I dont like games without a GOOD story line. Way of the Samurai is number 1 on my list.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 1:33:51 AM EDT
[#18]
The Getaway
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 3:43:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
(stay AWAY from vice city. it blows. cars are impossible to control)
View Quote

Are you serious?  Different does not mean impossible.  Just because it takes an hour or so to get used to it...sheesh.

The Grand Theft Auto 3 and Vice City are hands down the best games ever.  They are about what games should be about, great and innovative gameplay.  The extent of the modeled environment on these games is amazing.  Especially GTA Vice City where you can fly, meaning that EVERY building must also have a modeled roof.  More game designers should learn from the non-linear model.  Halo is fine, but it's still just walking along in a straight line.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:20:52 AM EDT
[#20]
GTA Vice City is great!!!...  I could play that game for hours.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:46:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Silent Hill 3 when it's released in August
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:12:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Played a PS2, Don't own one. If I did, the first two games I'd get would be GTA3- vice city and SOCOM.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:24:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Anyone ever have a problem with Vice City locking up the memory card. VC has locked up 2 memory card. Both time I was about 2/3rds of the way through the game.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:33:47 AM EDT
[#24]
They love that team gaming stuff.
View Quote

My wife is into video games too, which sucks. Sometimes I just want to play a game alone, but she always wants to do the co-op thing. I never got a chance to play Halo alone or Ghost recon. Return to Castle Wolfenstein comes out in a couple days and I know she will want to play it co-op too. Thank god Splinter Cell is single player, but she still tells me what to do or where to go. Sorry for the off-topic rant. Had to get it off my chest [;)]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:35:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:46:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Anyone ever have a problem with Vice City locking up the memory card. VC has locked up 2 memory card. Both time I was about 2/3rds of the way through the game.
View Quote

Are you using a factory memory card? The aftermarket ones for the PS2, especially the early ones, aren't worth shit.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:52:49 AM EDT
[#27]
What, no [b]Dark Alliance: Baldur's Gate[/b] ???

I just had a colleague come into town for a week of videogames, beer and ice cream.  We bought both Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (since we loved GTA3) and Dark Alliance: Baldur's Gate. We ended up playing DA:Baldur's Gate pretty much the whole time.  Vice City is definitely an awesome game, but we had so much more fun with Baldur's Gate - in part because it is cooperative 2-player.

So if you have a wife or friend who likes to play, then you have to try Baldur's Gate - it is lots of fun, and pretty much non-stop action and not boring D&D-type role-playing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top