Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2016 10:53:18 AM EDT
Purchased a H1 on ebay advertised as being 2MOA. All listing pictures had cover on so I trusted the seller's information. Upon taking it to the range I had more blooming issues than usual, took cover of and saw this was the 4MOA model. Requested a refund. Seller cursed, belittled, insulted, and threatened me. Furthermore, eBay ruled in his favor because the item was used.  Is there anywhere to go to share experiences like this so that future buyers may be warned?
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 10:54:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Like leaving feedback?
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 10:55:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Like leaving feedback?
View Quote

Why would he do that?
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 10:56:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Drop in a bucket? I'd also like to highlight the unprofessional communications and threats.
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 10:57:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Why would he do that?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Like leaving feedback?

Why would he do that?

Are you the seller?
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 10:59:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought a fake Magpull single point sling - when I point it out to the seller - he refunded my money and told me to keep it.

Red
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 10:59:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Sorry OP, but it says right on the side. If you had to take it to the range in order to realize you bought the wrong one, you were doomed from the beginning.

Link Posted: 3/26/2016 11:00:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Never heard of eBay ruling in the seller's favor.

They ALWAYS rule in the buyer's favor when I sell something to a dummy.

One guy bought a brand new never opened holster. I shipped it Priority the same day and he got it 2 days later. He opens it and carries his gun around in it for a week. Left me positive feedback saying it was as described and arrived quick. Then he decides he "just doesn't like it and wants to try something different" (his own words in the message attached to the PayPal claim he filed). Ebay ruled in his favor and made me take the holster back and refund him.

Ebay is awful. You're lucky you got a real Aimpoint at least.
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 11:01:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Leave feedback and post the sellers info.

Screenshots of correspondence would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 11:01:42 AM EDT
[#9]
You got ebay to rule in the sellers favor? Wow, are you a wizard?
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 11:01:49 AM EDT
[#10]
The original H-1's don't say because they are all 4MOA. They just have H-1 and S/N. Additionally, tango down covers are a pain to remove and I had no reason to do so until I started having doubts.
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 11:01:55 AM EDT
[#11]
If you paid with paypal, you can return it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 11:02:58 AM EDT
[#12]
I've been holding for eBay leadership for 20 minutes. Will wait for final word than share what this gem had to say.
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 11:03:21 AM EDT
[#13]
I bought a used T1 once. I made the guy send pics of the sight with the tango down cover removed.
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 11:04:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
One guy bought a brand new never opened holster. I shipped it Priority the same day and he got it 2 days later. He opens it and carries his gun around in it for a week. Left me positive feedback saying it was as described and arrived quick. Then he decides he "just doesn't like it and wants to try something different" (his own words in the message attached to the PayPal claim he filed). Ebay ruled in his favor and made me take the holster back and refund him.
View Quote

Are you kidding me?
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 11:05:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I bought a used T1 once. I made the guy send pics of the sight with the tango down cover removed.
View Quote

Lesson learned. I figured if any issues I'd have eBay buyer protection to fall back on

Plus, they guy had 200 all positive feedback.
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 11:06:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Can you go through Paypal for an eBay transaction?
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 11:07:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes I would try there too.
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 11:10:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yes I would try there too.
View Quote

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 11:18:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1.  Ebay almost always f***s the seller.
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 5:55:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How else did you pay?

I thought ebay made you use paypal now.
 Paypal buyer protection is insane.  You can file with paypal, and mail back an empty box, and they'll award you the money still
* Assuming seller has money in his linked PP account.
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 6:08:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Sorry OP, but it says right on the side. If you had to take it to the range in order to realize you bought the wrong one, you were doomed from the beginning.

http://www.realguns.com/images/aimpointmicroh12moards.jpg
View Quote

Older ones do not have that. My old H1 and current T1 do not have the dot size printed on the side. That wasn't the OPs problem anyway though.
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 6:12:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Purchased a H1 on ebay advertised as being 2MOA. All listing pictures had cover on so I trusted the seller's information. Upon taking it to the range I had more blooming issues than usual, took cover of and saw this was the 4MOA model. Requested a refund. Seller cursed, belittled, insulted, and threatened me. Furthermore, eBay ruled in his favor because the item was used.  Is there anywhere to go to share experiences like this so that future buyers may be warned?
View Quote

H1?  bought a visa?...hmm  think thats not really legal...
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 6:13:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Why would he do that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Like leaving feedback?

Why would he do that?

Much easier and more satisfying to pitch a bitch here on GD!

Can he even own an Aimpoint in NJ?????
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 6:17:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Had my first bad ebay experience last month.  Was shopping for a GE water filter for my fridge.  Guy has one listed as new with the E in the part number, but no part number visible in the photo.  I asked him if it was the correct filter with the E.  He replied he guaranteed it was and the number was covered by the tape on the shrink wrap and he didn't want to rip the shrink wrap by removing the tape.  Took his word for it and ordered it.
Of course non E show up and the bastard lied because the tape was not covering the part number.  Got a full refund and a filter I don't need now. And he took his own sweet time refunding the money too.  No shortage of dicks out there trying to fuck people over.
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 6:18:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Just close one eye when in use.

Link Posted: 3/26/2016 6:19:10 PM EDT
[#26]
How much did you pay?

Link Posted: 3/26/2016 6:28:55 PM EDT
[#27]
got a buyer trying to fuck me over with an unauthorized chargeback.  He used a credit card to pay by Paypal. I shipped to the verified address of the paypal payment.

Hows does this scam work?  Someone steals your cc number and buys shit and ships to your own address?
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 6:41:22 PM EDT
[#28]
eBay ALWAYS takes the side of the buyer, no clue how they didnt here.

I sold a used cell phone. $300 iphone,  The buyer dropped it almost a month later and broke it. They filed an ebay claim and won, eBay took my money and refunded them.

Link Posted: 3/26/2016 6:46:22 PM EDT
[#29]
I had a douchebag seller take my $, then cancel the sale and relist it at a higher price, THEN refund the money, and have the balls to insinuate that I'm somehow at fault.

It was a set price sale for a HelStar 6 IR Strobe.
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 7:02:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
got a buyer trying to fuck me over with an unauthorized chargeback.  He used a credit card to pay by Paypal. I shipped to the verified address of the paypal payment.

Hows does this scam work?  Someone steals your cc number and buys shit and ships to your own address?
View Quote

This one is the whole "I didn't order it" routine.  He keeps the item he bought, and gets refunded the price.

Would be much easier to just say he never got it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 7:16:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 7:43:08 PM EDT
[#32]
I made the mistake being forthcoming with the seller and admitted there was a ding on the mount from when it was tossed in my range bag. This is why eBay rejected the return request. Evidently a ding that they know nothing about is a greater concern than a lying seller who misrepresented an item. They canceled the return request without even contacting me.

I'm trying to go through PayPal now.

I paid $510 for the sight in LT660. Good price for a 2MOA......
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 7:48:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

After 10+ years of selling on ebay, I had this happen yesterday over a $4 item...I figured what the hell, I'll accept the chargeback...paypal hit me for a 20$ fee. I don't think its a scam so much as people abusing the fact that ebay/pp side with the buyer 99.9999% of the time.
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 7:49:20 PM EDT
[#34]
lol eBay
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 7:51:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, and you have 6 months to do it. Make sure you tell them "item not as described".
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 7:53:56 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
This one is the whole "I didn't order it" routine.  He keeps the item he bought, and gets refunded the price.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So he didn't order it by logging into eBay, placing a bid, getting an invoice to his email, clicking on pay by PayPal, sending payments.

3 layers of stuff that he would have to claim he didn't do

Pretty sure the buyer is on arfcom too

Link Posted: 3/26/2016 7:54:34 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
After 10+ years of selling on ebay, I had this happen yesterday over a $4 item...I figured what the hell, I'll accept the chargeback...paypal hit me for a 20$ fee. I don't think its a scam so much as people abusing the fact that ebay/pp side with the buyer 99.9999% of the time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

why the $20 fee?

Link Posted: 3/26/2016 8:01:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

They ruled in my favor when I sold a Remington PSS stock to some "expert" who claimed it wasn't really a PSS.I offered to refund his money when he returned the stock.He ignored my offer ,waited 2 weeks then filed a claim against me.Ebay let him keep the stock and I kept his money.
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 8:43:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

why the $20 fee?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

why the $20 fee?

In addition, a chargeback fee of $20.00 USD has been applied to and debited from your PayPal account.

We understand that you may not have been expecting this chargeback. If the applied chargeback fee caused your PayPal account balance to go into a negative balance, please log in to your account and add money to your balance.

Thank you for your patience during this process. We appreciate your business.

You can find additional information and tips about buying and selling safely on our Business Resource Center. After you log in to your PayPal account, click Tools, and then click Business Resource Center under "Grow your business."

Sincerely,

PayPal

--------------
Was the email I got after "accepting liability"
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 9:39:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

So he didn't order it by logging into eBay, placing a bid, getting an invoice to his email, clicking on pay by PayPal, sending payments.

3 layers of stuff that he would have to claim he didn't do

Pretty sure the buyer is on arfcom too

View Quote

Yes, unfortunately.  Hence my  "didn't arrive" comment.

Link Posted: 4/11/2016 9:43:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Conclusion: After eBay denied my return request I went to PayPal. After submitting everything on PayPal, I got my return approved. Bit the $15.00 in shipping and sent the item back. I could tell the item arrived at to the seller because I got another message to my personal email (beware eBay gives up your information to anyone,) with the closing statement, "Hope you get AIDS." The seller then proceeded to relist the item (properly describing it as a 4 MOA optic this time) described it as "like new" and it sold it for $530 (negating the claim that the item was damaged by me as it was advertised as like new when I purchased it). Tonight, I went to write my feedback highlighting the false description and unprofessional communications. I felt a sense of satisfaction when I saw his feedback drop from 100% to 98.8% knowing future buyers would be warned. A minute later, I received an email from eBay that my feedback was removed. You can't lose  an eBay claim and then file feedback. You also can't re-submit feedback- even if I was to appeal the eBay case and win.

I'm venting because this has me so incredibly PO'd. I'd post the sellers info here with buyer beware, but I don't want him to get his hands on more of my info than he already has. But if you search for ended buy it now listings you can find him.

Oh yeah, screw eBay.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top