Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2003 11:29:32 AM EDT
I'm glad I don't know how to photo-shop either.
I wouldn't want my interaction here to deteriorate into what I've been readin' lately.
I sorry if it sounds like I'm lumping everybody together in a big ball of shit. I know thats not true. I'm over reacting a bit.
It sounds like kids bickering
So, everybody shut up and go to your rooms. "No soup for you".
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:31:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Fucking rediculous isn't it?
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:32:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Funny... everybody that I've met from the board has been great.  Not counting the BRC, I've still met at least 20 members, all of whom I'd hang out with no problem.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:34:07 AM EDT
[#3]
'One Percenters' ruin it for everybody
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:44:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I feel bad for the Avila family as well.  As if all the time and effort, and as such headaches they have just from keeping this site running isn't bad enough, they have to deal with this bullshit from three people they thought were friends.  

Juan, Ed, Ed Sr., Jorge;

I really feel for all of you and hope you aren't allowing yourselves to take all this shit to heart (well, not too much at least).  I hope we can all get over this mess and move on quickly.  Thanks again for being strong men and for running such a great site.

To anyone who will call that ass kissing, F-you.[BD][:D]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:53:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:56:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Everyone that I have met in person has been fantastic.

I even had a good time with a certain group from IL at the last BFest before they self-destructed.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:57:56 AM EDT
[#7]
HAHAHAHAHAHA  You a funny guy, Sherm.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 12:12:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm looking forward to meeting a lot of the people on this site at some time.  While I may have misjudged some, I'm not willing to "throw the baby out with the bathwater".

In particular, I'd like to meet the (remaining) DFW crew, even though I've had some minor online pissing matches with a couple of them.  Nothing that couldn't be sorted out via email or IM, though.

And sure as hell nothing that I'd be spiteful enough to try to screw up their lives over.

Link Posted: 5/6/2003 12:14:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Definately has me rethinking whether or not to become a full-fledged member. Same rethinking going on about bulletfest. Then I realize that it is the 1%. (or less)
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 12:16:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 12:18:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Even families have a good round behind the barn every now and then.

Pound for lb... it's the greatest group of people on the Internet. In person, they are even better.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 12:20:34 PM EDT
[#12]
What have I missed?
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 12:21:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Everyone that I have met in person has been fantastic.

I even had a good time with a certain group from IL at the last BFest before they self-destructed.
View Quote

Which group would that be ?????

CKMorley
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 12:24:07 PM EDT
[#14]
If you have to ask, then you are not guilty as charged. [:D]

Link Posted: 5/6/2003 12:25:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Funny... everybody that I've met from the board has been great.  Not counting the BRC, I've still met at least 20 members, all of whom I'd hang out with no problem.
View Quote

Quoted:
I'm looking forward to meeting a lot of the people on this site at some time. While I may have misjudged some, I'm not willing to "throw the baby out with the bathwater".
View Quote

You guys are adorable!
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 12:25:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 12:33:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 12:36:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 12:36:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Legs, your taking my words out of context. You've changed the meaning of what I said.
What I said and what YOU said I said are two different things. My feelings have been hurt. Give me your bosses phone number so I can straighten this out.[;)]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 12:44:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 12:49:39 PM EDT
[#21]
it's a 20 minute drive for me to get anywhere, im in the middle of nowhere here in sinton, tx.  i'd gladly drive a couple of hours for an actual get together so i could meet the crew but unless you ever get together in say, san antonio, i doubt that will ever happen.

hell, i'd drive an hour just to go shoot with one or two folks but nobody even lives that close to me!!!!!

maybe we can exchange a beer in the mail, kinda like socializing?
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 12:54:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Guys,

You keep forgetting this is the internet.  The number one ingrediant you need to get along with someone is something in common.  Here we not only have something in common we have a passion for it, THE BLACK RIFLE.

Haven't met anyone on the board I didn't like.

Tj
View Quote

Hey TJ [nuts] that should do it [kiss]
[;)]
[;)]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 1:07:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Great people on this board in the Houston area.  I am glad I took the time to go to the gatherings.

Just took three nutcase CHUMPS to screw up the Dallas crew.  Now that at least two are gone, they should be back together.

This place is like any real world place.  Most of us are fun to hang with and relatively sane.  Then there are the 1% who are chumps and make chump moves.  

Cheers, Sean
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 1:16:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Rainman makes me feel angry that he's glad never met me. I will call his job in the morning. Let them know that they ahve an anti social gun owner working for them.[:P]

View Quote

Sherm,
Can u imagine this happening at Calverton with us. I just cant imagine i would be offended if someone photoshopped me. Even banging the old shrew from the tower.
That i would call someones job or the fuzz is unthinkable
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 1:53:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Until I went to the ARFCOM shoot here in Arizona last week, I had met only one person from this board.
Now after having met Twenty or more of you, I can honestly say that these are the kind of folks I would not mind calling "friends".
All were considerate, helpful, honest, funny, and welcoming to me and my wife.
Thanks !
GS808 and GS101
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 2:09:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 2:14:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Everyone I've met has been cool....

For those who get their panties in a wad, I gotta say....

It's the fucking INTERNET!  Sheeesh.  

Scott
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 2:17:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Hey rainman, where are you in WA?  You should meet up with us on our next get-together so you can see for yourself that we are not a bunch of crazies.[whacko]  

OK, maybe we are but we have a good time and everyone seems to get along just fine.  Besides that, bigscrun always buys the beer![beer]

I've met alot of good people from the board.  Of course there are always exceptions but overall we have a good thing going.[bounce]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 2:21:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
ilikelegs,

You and TRG are the only ones bnesides a few Hometown guys that have ever had my Jerky! and when I am able to get ahold of more Deer. i will be sure to send some your way Extra Spicy!

Mona
View Quote

got a recipie? i make craploads of jerky. my family's house back in north dakota has a 6' x 8' x 6' walk in smoke house
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 2:45:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Ok, I obviously don't keep up as much as I used to.

Can somebody fill me in on the latest drama? A link maybe (if of course it isn't already locked of course)?
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 2:50:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:08:08 PM EDT
[#32]
[i]i make craploads of jerky[/i]

I hope that this statement describes quantity and not methodology!!!

[;)]

Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:13:26 PM EDT
[#33]
I need to meet some of you guys, then we can really raise some hell![devil]
I say we raid every animal shelter in Tx, then have a cat shootin fest!!!
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:14:07 PM EDT
[#34]
I've never met anyone from this board either. Hell, I didn't know it existed until a couple months ago. I found this site looking for information on building my own AR. I instantly found much more than that. I found like minded people who made me laugh. I found unselfish people willing to take the time to answer your questions. I found obviously close friends goodnaturedly ragging each other.
I've never been much of a 'joiner' type person, but did here because it just seemed anyplace which provided me with these things deserved my support. The fact there is a squabble involving some of the above mentiond people going on right now saddens me for their loss of friendship and trust between them. But I'm not involved and feel it's not my place to agree, disagree, or comment about the issue. Then again, I guess I just did.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top