Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/6/2003 11:07:11 AM EDT
Which one? What is better; disks or foils? Norelco Dual-Action Norelco Reflex Action Norelco Quadra Action Braun Flex with foils Remington Microscreen Razor, you fool How do I add a poll?
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:12:19 AM EDT
I used to use a Braun flex. I went back to a regular razor. Even though I would get a close shave, It always looked like I needed to shave.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:13:14 AM EDT
Remington Microscreen here. Don't like the rotary ones. Never tried a foil shaver.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:18:09 AM EDT
I tried a cordless, for about six months, then one day I went back to the razor, stayed with it. Those new mach 3 are nice and stay sharp long.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:22:06 AM EDT
I've got the new Norelco Quadra-Action 7825XL and I love it. It cuts as close as a blade (closer if you use some of that pre-shave liquid), and is much more convienent. Best of all, you just rinse it out to clean it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:29:28 AM EDT
I use a cordless then touch up with a regular razor in the shower. Never had a cordless that cut as close as a razor.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:31:58 AM EDT
Razor, you fool Mach III
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:34:57 AM EDT
Tired a nice Norelco for a month...went back to Gillette
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:41:42 AM EDT
Regular razor right after shower, cordless in the afternoon if necessary or for weekends. Electric just isn't as good as a blade (or blades).
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:59:46 AM EDT
I've got the best Norelco you can buy, can't remember which model it is... I use it in the shower along with shaving cream. I have very sensitive skin on my face, and find that this works best... I use Edge Shaving Cream. That's my method... Shawn
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 12:09:50 PM EDT
I received a corded Norelco rotary years ago for a Christmas gift. I never used it. I tried it maybe three times and decided it really sucked. I went back to my Mach III and Excel Sensor. Then just months ago, I came across it in my toiletries mess under the sink looking for something and gave it another shot. I dont know what happened but I kept using it. I thought it be cool to have one that I could use in the shower to save time in the morning. So last night while shopping at the Super Target (non-Walmart), I impulse purchased a Norelco Reflex rechargable for $70. I tried it this morning and you really need some kind of facial lube for it to work in the shower. With just a moist face it did'nt want to "glide around". I dont think it is designed to be gooped up with alttle shaving cream but that seemed to work OK. Since I put no research into it I was wondering if other cordless shavers were any better. Anyone know if cordless razors promote in-grown hairs??
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 12:29:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/6/2003 12:31:23 PM EDT by slacko]
I did get ingrown hairs and lots of acne (or something like it) when using only electric. To this day I use only HOT water and a Gilette Sensor Exel (however that's spelled) and no shaving cream or soap. Electric razor for 'trimming' if you have a meeting in the afternoon.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 12:33:49 PM EDT
Braun Synchro here! BigDozer66
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 12:49:36 PM EDT
The Braun gives me the closest shave (for a cordless) but if I skip a day it's useless. The razor is only for first dates, weddings, and funerals. The Norelco probably is the best-overall. I just want to know WHO THE F***K DECIDED THE TRIANGLE IS THE PERFECT SHAPE FOR AN ELECTRIC RAZOR. Makes it a PITA to shave your moustache.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 1:15:29 PM EDT
Cordless rotary Norelco. I'll never go back to a blade.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:05:49 PM EDT
I use a Remington Microscreen. It seems to work best when I've got about 3 days growth - use the edger on my whole face, then go over it again with the foil. I borrowed a friend's Norelco once, and it seemd to work a little bit better, but not enough for me to go drop $80 on it. I could be buying ammo, after all. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 4:50:10 PM EDT
A broken Pabst Blue Ribbon bottle. AB
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 4:55:34 PM EDT
I use a Norelco rotary, but to be honest, it never gets everything off. My old Braun with the different style head literally ripped the hairs out! Ouch!
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:00:45 PM EDT
Originally Posted By albob: A broken Pabst Blue Ribbon bottle. AB
View Quote
LOL. I would have put you at sixty years of age and from WI.. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:05:19 PM EDT
I started shaving at 14. It didn't take me long to get tired of the mess and extra time required for a blade. I went through a couple hand-me-down electrics that tore my face off then my dad got me a cordless rotary. It sounded like a coffee grinder but it got the job done without removing too much topsoil. I used that until it fell apart and bought a newer model that worked way better. I shaved with a blade during basic training because that's all they'd let me have. my beard grows so fast that I almost had to shave twice a day. After basic I bought a Norelco rotary that ran on 4 AA's. I got it at the PX in Augsburg FRG for about $20. I used that in the field and got a cordless for at home. It's 22 years and six cordless Norelcos later and I still haven't found anything better. I tried blades a few years ago. The only difference I noticed was that it took a little longer for five o'clock shadow to appear. I've tried foils but they don't hold up as well against my beard. BTW, I still have the little Norelco from the PX. It's in my desk drawer at work for when I miss a spot at home.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:42:47 PM EDT
What a bunch of wimps. Old Navy three-piece here with double edge blades. . .[:D]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:59:35 PM EDT
Double edged razor, mug and soap here. TRG
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 6:15:45 PM EDT
Remington Microscreen2 It works.......
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 6:23:24 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 6:36:32 PM EDT
You have to press and stretch your skin with an electric in order to get a decent shave. Best I've found are Shick twin-blade disposables. Dirt cheap. "Button" that cleans between the blades, blades close to the top edge of the razor so you can make a nice line if you have a neatly trimmed beard like I do, stay sharp much longer than expensive Gilettes and almost as sharp initially.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 6:44:26 PM EDT
Remington rotary R9100. like someone said.. skip a day and its a PITA. bugger will grab'n'yank hairs. forget the headsnappers(Foil/microscreen) they generate enough noise to wake the dead.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:11:32 PM EDT
Sorry, FULL Beard for 27 years.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:28:15 PM EDT
Have used nothing but a Braun for 20 years. Love them. And they keep getting better with each new one they come out with.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:30:20 PM EDT
GO BLADE, OR GO HOME! [:D] Or is that go chrome or go home? Anyway, I like blades.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:48:32 PM EDT
Mach 3 Turbo. Nothing else needs to be said.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 9:27:20 PM EDT
Gillette Sensor. Expensive but worth it. Stay sharp longer than you'd think. Go with the grain
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 9:30:57 PM EDT
Generally a mix between a cheap Braun cordless and a dry disposable blade... Never liked shaving cream...
Top Top