Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/6/2003 10:49:23 AM EDT
My brother has been in IRAQ for sometime now but has only received 1 letter from me. I have sent 16 packages and 6 letters. He says they have a mini warehouse that is stacked to the ceiling with mail for the troops with 2 or 3 trucks waiting outside to deliver mail but the mail guys only work 6 hours a day. He was able to use a AIRFORCE Mobil Internet Satellite Terminal to send me a email. It sounds like life really sucks over there. He noted in his email that the temperature in his area can reach close to 120F easy. They finally got a shower rigged up with 7 mins each person (4 at a time). He also said there is nothing like seeing a A-10 do CAS support. On a last note: he said the POWs do not understand English at all but most of them know what to do when they (the MPS) sweep a M249 or M16 around pointing to where to stand or what to do. If anyone has stories from friends or family members over there please share.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:10:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/6/2003 11:11:44 AM EDT by Offspring]
I sent a package to a Marine friend in February. I just got a letter from him on Saturday (dated April 18th) saying that he got the package and all is well. He is in Iraq, just don't know where. I will post the letter when I get home.
Top Top