Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2003 8:37:35 AM EDT
what is the brand and how do I buy it? My friends are still over in the Iraq and have not e-mailed me back in some time. I taked to three guys and have said They have had zero problems with there (2)m-16a2's and m-4a3 in the sand.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:50:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I personally use RemDry.  Any dry teflon lube will work.  The only problem is that you have to watch your overspray as it leaves a dry white residue.  which at times can be a bitch to wipe off (especially on a textured finish)  

You can buy many brands of teflon spray lube ant just about any gun shop or gun show.  Dry lube has less of a propensity of attracting contaminants than a "wet" oil lube. which is why I use it on all my firearms.  I still clean with CLP, but completely dry off the part before spraying with the teflon.

Hope this helps....
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:59:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Oh yeah, Hoppes has a pretty good teflon lube too....
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 9:16:11 AM EDT
[#3]
you might want to try Miliec-1
[url]www.militec-1.com[/url]

It's a metal conditioner. You can get a free sample of it from the web site.

Make sure you apply it the way they tell you to.
You apply it to the gun, and then shoot it. The heat from shooting helps bond the lube to the metal.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 9:22:14 AM EDT
[#4]
thanks for the help?
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 2:49:37 PM EDT
[#5]
The stuff used to overcoat the hard anodization is a molybdenum disulfide spray and is not available to the general public but there are a few products that work almost as well.  Dri-Slide is one.  Other brands advertised as dry film lubricants and looking like graphite will work.  

One key point to remember, NO GRAPHITE!  Graphite powder works fine as long as there no condensing humidity or water...graphite conducts electricity and the aluminum/steel system makes a galvanic cell where the aluminum corrodes rapidly.  Yes, some soldiers were using graphite, others were using MoS2 and thought they were using graphite.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:08:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Ive been using Dri-slide in dusty desert conditions for several years now with EXCELLENT results.

When I come back from range, my gun and mags are always coated with fine dust, and my ARs work great in it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top