Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2003 5:21:52 AM EDT
reports that they issued EU passports to fleeing Iraqi officials really got me steamed...
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:24:28 AM EDT
[#1]
...which of course enables them to go anywhere in those EU member nations. fucking french assholes.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:27:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Well what did you expect?
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:33:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Nothing that comes out of France suprises me any longer!

And we are so called "Friends"......
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 6:27:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 6:30:59 AM EDT
[#5]
For those of you who live on the East Coast;  Did you know that Safeway is owned by a French Corp?  Needless to say, I won't be shopping there any longer.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 6:35:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
For those of you who live on the East Coast;  Did you know that Safeway is owned by a French Corp?  Needless to say, I won't be shopping there any longer.
View Quote

Ha, I stopped going there because Safeway just SUCKS. They bought out our wonderful local supermarket chain, which was a million times better than Safeway, they crappified it into Safeway very quickly.  Now I go 3 miles out of my way to go to Fred Meyer instead.

As for the French, I really dont understand why they want to trash their friendship with the US in favor of a gang of exploitive criminals.  Maybe to show other terror-supporting gangsters running oppressive regimes in the Middle East they have a friend in France? Or is it out of sheer petty spite?  Both?
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:02:04 PM EDT
[#7]
In the immortal words of Fes, France, Fuck France!
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:16:52 PM EDT
[#8]
My biggest complaint about the French (and there is a long list) is that they are probably gonna get away with it.  Except for the general public's obvious disapproval of the French behavior, I'd bet that diplomatic relations with France will go on unabated.  I'd like to see a total diplomatic lockout.  They are not our friends.  They are not our allies.  They are NEVER grateful.  They are NEVER gracious.  Hate hate hate hate hate hate hate.....!
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:39:07 PM EDT
[#9]
france is afraid. They have no backbone. If a plane flew into the eiffel tower the french would do nothing. They are trying to avoid having that happen. They are a country of cowards. They deserve to become a third world shithole. I hope that country suffers riots resulting in destruction of their cities. And I hope we have the balls to sit back and watch.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:45:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Go to:
     www.francesucks.com

yeah, its a repeat but its always good to review all the French-owned companies and who to avoid.

PS: scroll to the bottom of the website to find the list.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 10:05:00 PM EDT
[#11]
I wish some radical islamists would blow up the Eiffel tower or something

it's a shame they're not harboring terrorists so we could go kick their sorry two-faced asses
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 10:16:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Excuse me? We have Safeway out here as well....

Please tell me this is BS......
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 10:23:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Anyone have a link to the story about France issuing those passports?  Thanks
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 10:33:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Excuse me? We have Safeway out here as well....

Please tell me this is BS......
View Quote

OK, Safeway is my grocery store, so I had to go cybersleuth and find out.

I am no econ major, nor CFO certified, but looking thru their financial disclosures, it appears they are a public held, self owned and operated. They used to be owned by KKF (who ever that is) and over the last 10 years their ownership/stock went from 51% down to 9% IIRC. They have acquired a lot of other companies, and merged with a couple, but it appears they are not owned by anyone else.

Seems like a snopes, but I could be wrong.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top