Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2003 7:39:30 PM EDT
Is everyone from the tornado affected states accounted for? Anyone have any property damage?
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:58:33 PM EDT
[#1]
It mostly missed the St. Louis area.  They guys out in the western part of the state got hit hard, though.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 8:03:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm fine, though My brother had some fun (thats in another post, he was stranded in the woods during sunday nights storms)
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 8:14:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Dad saw two funnel clouds tear up the forest near his farm.  Stockton, Mo. is about 10 miles away and it got  hit pretty hard.  Dad has been without power for 17 hours now!  I was in Springfield and saw a bunch of those prefab sheds at Home Depot get sucked up a couple of hundred feet in the air.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 8:21:16 PM EDT
[#4]
There are several members here that live near or in the regions hit by tornadoes yesterday - we should at least inquire via IM's to see how they are fairing.

No info on the Missouri Hometown page.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 8:25:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Nope, Great Grandma and other family were in Pierce City Mo.  The homestead is gone, completely flattened.  Looks like someone bombed the house.  "Fortunately," great Grandma died about a year ago, but we still have family there.  Havent been able to get ahold of some of them yet.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:31:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Nope, Great Grandma and other family were in Pierce City Mo.  The homestead is gone, completely flattened.  Looks like someone bombed the house.  "Fortunately," great Grandma died about a year ago, but we still have family there.  Havent been able to get ahold of some of them yet.
View Quote

God Bless.
Hope you hear something soon.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:42:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:05:20 AM EDT
[#8]
It got pretty interesting here in Springfield.  My GF and I had all the pets in the bathroom (6 cats, 3 dogs).  Heavy rain, pea size hail, and falling sheet metal and insulation was what we got.

Heard on the radio that a Monett newspaper was found here (40 mi. away).
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:13:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Update: All Family present and accounted for.  All family living outside of Pierce city proper.  Homes are still standing, some trees arent but thats ok.  Just got pics of the homestead, it is indeed gone.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:13:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Update: All Family present and accounted for.  All family living outside of Pierce city proper.  Homes are still standing, some trees arent but thats ok.  Just got pics of the homestead, it is indeed gone.
View Quote

That's good--I'm really happy to hear that everyone's alright.  Sorry about the homestead.
Looks like Pleasant Hope is getting it right now, though.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:39:58 PM EDT
[#11]
We're still under a tornado warning here.  Our town didn't get anything but a little rain and lightning.  Ten miles south is supposed to be a different story though.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:47:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Made it thru OK on Sunday...but today was a little [b][i]too[/i][/b] close for comfort.

1st picture is the right side

2nd picture is the left side

Pictures were taken minutes before the tornado touched down near Garden City, MO (06 May 2003)

[image]http://www.combatdrinkingsystem.com/32cf4770.jpg[/image]
[image]http://www.combatdrinkingsystem.com/32ef4770.jpg[/image]

We have about 7 minutes of digital video to edit to send in with the pictures to the local news.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top