Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 9:51:18 PM EDT
[#1]
HEARD ON THE RADIO TODAY,  the guy arrested today is a former sgt in the illinois state police, he is , according to the police, a crack addict, and he buys and sells stolen guns .he will sell to anybody, cash in hand no foid card, no paper work he will also trade guns for crack.
seems to me most  people here jumped to his defense just because he has a lot of guns,but this type of  chowderhead that gives all of us gun "nuts" our  bad rap in the media, this is the kind of fuel our great dictator mayor in  shitcago and the democraptic gov plenty of amunition to pass his anti gun bills. exactly what we do not need
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 9:57:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 1:06:31 AM EDT
[#3]
If he had 400 guns I doubt he was selling (you don't get 400 guns by selling them)

He sounds like a crazy gun collector to me (I am a nut bag but I only have like 3 guns) 400 is a deffinite cry for help.  he needed them worse than drugs : )

"david koresh was also a gun runner...er...so i was told."

Yeah at least they solved that infraction (kill everyone and you don't have to worry about further gun violations. )

I SAW THE HEAD ATF AGENT ON TV WHAT A FUCKER HE WAS TRYING TO MAKE A CASE FOR HOW HE THOUGHT WHEN THEY LIT THE PLACE ON FIRE THE DIVIDIANS WOULD COME OUT AND HOW HE WAS FUCKING INNOCENT OF THEIR DEATHS (TALKING TO SURVIVING DIVIDIAN KIDS) IF I WERE ONE OF THOSE KIDS I WOULD HAVE COME ON DATELINE WITH ONE PURPOUS- TO KILL THAT MURDERER AND AVENGE MY PARENTS.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:41:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Quoted:
I have never seen a Firearm or Firearms that were confiscated and not returned if they were legal. Meaning not stolen, used in crimes.
View Quote

Well, you might ask the local sheriff's dept here.  When I was 21, they confiscated a revolver they found in my trunk during a traffic stop.  (I was "weaving", they said.)  They initially said the gun was stolen, but I was later able to demonstrate that it was not with the original bill of sale.  No number of appeals would get them to return my property.  They claimed it was "destroyed" before the "mistake" was noticed.  Now ask me if I'm afraid of cops.  Why the fvck wouldn't I be afraid of people who steal impunity?  I can tell you that [b]no one[/b] is every going to confiscate a weapon of mine again.
View Quote

I couldn't tell you much about the Sheriff's Dept. in Ohio, I just moved there in 2001.
Did you go to the dept. with your receipt within days after the pistol was confiscated to try and regain your Pistol?
Just out of curiosity why didn't the Pistol show up in your name when the Serial numbers were ran?

Do you actually think they would just bust into his house with ATF, Explosive Techs., City Kitties, and all the bells and whistles just for having a large amount of guns?
That cat was up to something and he just got busted.
View Quote

Look up John Lawmaster.  That "cat" wasn't "up to" anything but owning [b]legal[/b] guns, and the ATF pulled out all the stops when they raided him.  Not a religious fanatic, not a gun runner, just a guy.
View Quote

I have no idea about him but the guy in Ill. is guilty as shit and he needed busted.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:46:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do you actually think they would just bust into his house with ATF, Explosive Techs., City Kitties, and all the bells and whistles just for having a large amount of guns?
View Quote

Uh....yes I do!!

Ask the people in a little town in Texas called Waco. Or randy weaver.

For your information they not only busted in but SLAUGHTERED and BURNED those people.
View Quote

Sorry Waco is another subject for me and I really don't give a damn what happened to those stick bastards.

I only feel sorry for the loss of the innocent children who perished because they were living with those idiots.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:53:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I couldn't tell you much about the Sheriff's Dept. in Ohio, I just moved there in 2001.
Did you go to the dept. with your receipt within days after the pistol was confinscated to try and reagin your Pistol?
Just out of curiousity why didn't the Pistol show up in your name when the Serial numbers were ran?

View Quote

Because the ATF is prohibited from keeping a database of gun sales, because private party sales don't require the checks, and paperwork an FFL sale would. Because when the ATF traces a gun they must do so with paper records, supplied by dealers and manufacturers. Low end firearms dealers have error rates up to 40 % when asked to track new guns.

Nextly, it's not his job to prove to the police that the weapon is his. It's the police's job to prove the weapon is stolen.

Nextly police databases generally only track stolen weapons. Here's a little problem. Gun makers get to make up their own serial numbers. So several comapnies can use the same serial number. Serial numbers at the same company could also be duplicated on a pistol, rifle, and sotgun if the comapny chose to do so.

Why does that matter? When a gun gets entered as stolen a description of the gun is also supposed to be entered. That way when a serial number is run, and comes up hot, the police then look at the make, model, caliber etc. to determine if the gun they just ran is the actual gun listed as stolen.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:59:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have never seen a Firearm or Firearms that were confiscated and not returned if they were legal. Meaning not stolen, used in crimes.
View Quote

nwatson99, this is an argument you cannot win.
[url]http://www.nramemberscouncils.com/caspecial/litrep.shtml#case10[/url]
[b]...Despite this outstanding Court Order the LASD failed to return the firearms and eventually destroyed the plaintiff's property.[/b]  This case is from 1998.
Be sure to peruse the other cases while you are there.

Here's one from CRPA Feb 2003 newsletter:
The City of Los Angeles has been [b]sued in the past[/b] by CRPA on these issues [illegal firearms seizures] and settled that case by paying CRPA's attourney's fees and agreeing to change its policies.  Nonetheless, CRPA continues to receive complaints about the LAPD (and other police departments) seizing firearms without justification ... Complaint filed Nov 2002.

This lawsuit, like the many before will once again find the LAPD wrong and the LAPD will once again "change it's policies" and get sued again because it will still steal the rightfully owned property of citizens.  This has been going on for years.

And please don't play the "California sucks card."  It's hackneyed and doesn't relate to your assertion in any way.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 3:00:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you go to the dept. with your receipt within days after the pistol was confiscated to try and regain your Pistol?
Just out of curiosity why didn't the Pistol show up in your name when the Serial numbers were ran?

View Quote

Because the ATF is prohibited from keeping a database of gun sales, because private party sales don't require the checks, and paperwork an FFL sale would. Because when the ATF traces a gun they must do so with paper records, supplied by dealers and manufacturers. Low end firearms dealers have error rates up to 40 % when asked to track new guns.

Nextly, it's not his job to prove to the police that the weapon is his. It's the police's job to prove the weapon is stolen.

Nextly police databases generally only track stolen weapons. Here's a little problem. Gun makers get to make up their own serial numbers. So several comapnies can use the same serial number. Serial numbers at the same company could also be duplicated on a pistol, rifle, and sotgun if the comapny chose to do so.

Why does that matter? When a gun gets entered as stolen a description of the gun is also supposed to be entered. That way when a serial number is run, and comes up hot, the police then look at the make, model, caliber etc. to determine if the gun they just ran is the actual gun listed as stolen.
View Quote

So you are telling me if your Weapon is confiscated during a traffic stop, you will not make any attempt to prove your Weapon is legal, it was legally purchased, and it is in your name??
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 3:08:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

nwatson99, this is an argument you cannot win.
[url]http://www.nramemberscouncils.com/caspecial/litrep.shtml#case10[/url]
[b]...Despite this outstanding Court Order the LASD failed to return the firearms and eventually destroyed the plaintiff's property.[/b]  This case is from 1998.
Be sure to peruse the other cases while you are there.

Here's one from CRPA Feb 2003 newsletter:
The City of Los Angeles has been [b]sued in the past[/b] by CRPA on these issues [illegal firearms seizures] and settled that case by paying CRPA's attourney's fees and agreeing to change its policies.  Nonetheless, CRPA continues to receive complaints about the LAPD (and other police departments) seizing firearms without justification ... Complaint filed Nov 2002.

This lawsuit, like the many before will once again find the LAPD wrong and the LAPD will once again "change it's policies" and get sued again because it will still steal the rightfully owned property of citizens.  This has been going on for years.

And please don't play the "California sucks card."  It's hackneyed and doesn't relate to your assertion in any way.
View Quote

Well forgive me for not keeping up to date the daily news in your state or the local police departments.
If it wasn't for this site I would not learn about half the current events on the news anyway. Working nights suck.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 3:15:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So you are telling me if your Weapon is confiscated during a traffic stop, you will not make any attempt to prove your Weapon is legal, it was legally purchased, and it is in your name??
View Quote

In order for the police to leagally confiscate a weapon the police must have a reason, ie information that the weapon is stolen, or was used in a crime by the possesor.

The police must prove the weapon is illegal. I don't have to prove that it is legal.

In my name? My weapons are no more in my name than my dishwasher or clothes drier. Let's see the police take those household appliances without a solid legal foundation.

And yes if the police siezed my property, and refused to give it back, and no criminal charges were filed, I would be suing them. (probably in small claims Court).

I would have to prove they took property from me and what that property was worth. The police report should do that niceley. If their defense was that the weapon was illegal at the time of siezure, THEY would have to prove that.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 3:16:52 AM EDT
[#11]
You're forgiven [:D].  
Now aren't you glad you learned something about California AND Ohio tonight?  You also learned something else.   There are lots of good cops out there. There are also plenty of bad cops out there.  Enough of them that their badness becomes department policy and it would cost a law-abiding citizen $10,000 or more to regain possession of his rightful property worth $200.

Unfortunately, the good cops end up taking the flack for the actions of those bad ones.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 3:26:19 AM EDT
[#12]
[blue]Well, you might ask the local sheriff's dept here. When I was 21, they confiscated a revolver they found in my trunk during a traffic stop. (I was "weaving", they said.) They initially said the gun was stolen, but I was later able to demonstrate that it was not with the original bill of sale. No number of appeals would get them to return my property. They claimed it was "destroyed" before the "mistake" was noticed. Now ask me if I'm afraid of cops. Why the fvck wouldn't I be afraid of people who steal impunity? I can tell you that no one is every going to confiscate a weapon of mine again.
View Quote
[/blue]

[red]
View Quote
[/red]

What part of this was difficult for you to comprehend OLY-M4gery?

[size=2][blue] post and statement[/size=2] [/blue]

[size=2][red] simple question[/size=2][/red]

Don't say you understood everything, because you are acting like I am the criminal or liberal for asking a simple question.

Link Posted: 5/7/2003 3:37:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You're forgiven [:D].  
Now aren't you glad you learned something about California AND Ohio tonight?  You also learned something else.   There are lots of good cops out there. There are also plenty of bad cops out there.  Enough of them that their badness becomes department policy and it would cost a law-abiding citizen $10,000 or more to regain possession of his rightful property worth $200.

Unfortunately, the good cops end up taking the flack for the actions of those bad ones.
View Quote

I never said there was not any bad LEO'S, but bashing LEO'S is no good, even if they are from Kaliforniastan[}:D].

Oops almost called it California. Had to edit
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:09:46 AM EDT
[#14]
In 1975 my Dad killed himself with a .22 revolver in our home in Illinois.
The police took all the firearms from the home before I was even notified he was dead. They took his firearms AND my firearms.
First, the firearms were "evidence".
Then the firearms were being "traced" to insure that they were "legal".
The, surprise surprise, the firearms were "misplaced"........
Then the state, the city and the county "forgot" to return any of my phone calls or answer any of my letters inquiring where my firearms were.
NO ATTORNEY WOULD TAKE MY CASE TO GET THE FIREARMS BACK.
I had one friendly local officer who I ran into on the street and he told me what went on with my guns, they got "divided up".
The police took my guns in 1975.
They may "try" to do it again but, it won't be as easy for them.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:20:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
In 1975 my Dad killed himself with a .22 revolver in our home in Illinois.
The police took all the firearms from the home before I was even notified he was dead. They took his firearms AND my firearms.
First, the firearms were "evidence".
Then the firearms were being "traced" to insure that they were "legal".
The, surprise surprise, the firearms were "misplaced"........
Then the state, the city and the county "forgot" to return any of my phone calls or answer any of my letters inquiring where my firearms were.
NO ATTORNEY WOULD TAKE MY CASE TO GET THE FIREARMS BACK.
I had one friendly local officer who I ran into on the street and he told me what went on with my guns, they got "divided up".
The police took my guns in 1975.
They may "try" to do it again but, it won't be as easy for them.
View Quote

Sorry to hear about your dad!!!
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:59:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
HEARD ON THE RADIO TODAY,  the guy arrested today is a former sgt in the illinois state police, he is , according to the police, a crack addict, and he buys and sells stolen guns .he will sell to anybody, cash in hand no foid card, no paper work he will also trade guns for crack.
View Quote

Knowing this, even I'd come after you!
View Quote

Ditto, and I don't have a badge....
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:59:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have no idea why the pistol showed up stolen.  The BS they fed me after admitting that the pistol had already been destroyed was that the arresting officer had transposed 2 digits when he called in the serial number.  I heard the call from the back of the cruiser, and he most definitely did not give a description of the weapon!  Furthermore, he got all pissy with me when I politely told him that I was the first owner of the gun and asked him to recheck the serial.

It took me a few days to get the original bill of sale from the manufacturer to the shop where I bought the gun, which was a few hours away.  By the time I brought that back with my sales receipt (1 week later), I was told that the gun was already "destroyed".  It probably belongs to someone in the Sheriff's dept now.  [:(!]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:02:47 AM EDT
[#18]
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/printedition/chi-0305070334may07,1,4487424.story?coll=chi%2Dprintmetro%2Dhed

so much for a gun collector huh?? its a bitch when someone wears a wire

sorry couldn't make link hot
bottom line, this ex state cop is a degenerate, and  i hope his cellie is a big fag named bubba
and waco is as different as apples and horse pucky
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:04:22 AM EDT
[#19]
[url]http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/printedition/chi-0305070334may07,1,4487424.story?coll=chi%2Dprintmetro%2Dhed[/url]

You have to log in though...
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:07:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I have no idea why the pistol showed up stolen.  The BS they fed me after admitting that the pistol had already been destroyed was that the arresting officer had transposed 2 digits when he called in the serial number.  I heard the call from the back of the cruiser, and he most definitely did not give a description of the weapon!  Furthermore, he got all pissy with me when I politely told him that I was the first owner of the gun and asked him to recheck the serial.
View Quote

An NCIC Stolen Gun check is run by serial number only. They very, very often generate many "SOUNDEXs" or weapons with the same serial number that were reported stolen. The Stolen Gun return comes back with a more detailed description of the weapon, usually something like this:

"MKE STOLEN GUN
123456 SMITH & WESSON .357 REVOLVER
STOLEN OUT OF HARRIS COUNTY SO, TEXAS 07041999
IMMEDIATELY CONFIRM WITH ORIGINATOR"

Remember, the only time that a weapon ever gets run is when LE encounters it. Many weapons are stolen and never reported. Lets say you got your weapon at a gun show or through a buddy, or don't have your receipt and have no record of the serial number. If your weapon gets stolen, you don't have enough info to ever get it entered into NCIC. I once helped out with getting ATF to run traces on a bag of Ruger P85s one burglar was driving around with (convicted felon, he wasn't allowed to have any weapons). It took a few months and lots of phone calls, but I was able to determine that most of the weapons in the bag had been stolen in residential burglaries over the last couple of years, but that none had been entered in the Stolen Gun database, because nobody knew the serial numbers at the time of the burglary. Running the ATF traces though, took us to the last 4473 transaction associated with each weapon, in these cases (except for one that we never did get figured out), those were all sales from local dealers to local residents, who I called and who all said "Yeah, someone broke into my house last year and stolen my Ruger." The burglar, who was already facing about 5 counts of Felon in Possession, got nailed with 4 more counts of Possessing a Stolen Firearm, and they were able to pin about three of the burglaries on him.

Since stolen weapons usually only get run when LE encounters them, it is quite possibly for a stolen weapon to unknowingly get passed through several seemingly "legal" transfers, sometimes even through dealers and still be stolen. Stolen weapons stay in the NCIC database forever, and stolen property remains stolen property until it is returned to its rightful owner, or a court with jurisdiction has a property hearing and decides who has the right to possess the property in question.

I have heard that some PDs really suck when it comes to returning weapons to people, or at least giving them explanations as to the legal reasons why weapons cannot be returned to them. I apologize for those Departments. That would not happen to you if you lived here.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 1:23:08 PM EDT
[#21]
The Chicago Sun-Times
May 7, 2003

Ex-trooper allegedly armed gangs
BY STEVE WARMBIR AND FRANK MAIN

[url]suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-gun07.html[/url]

Former State Police sergeant Dennis Kalinoski not only smoked crack and sold guns to gang-bangers, he even offered a Black P Stone gang-banger shooting lessons, authorities allege.

"Does anybody need any instruction on how to make this work?" Kalinoski asks the gang member, who was secretly working for the feds and recording the chat.

"Hell no, man, we don't need no mother------- instructions," the gang member replies.

"Good luck," Kalinoski said.

Kalinoski left little doubt what he figured the gun was for.

"If I was going into a serious social encounter," he advised, lowering his voice to a whisper, "I would take one of those with me."

Investigators seized 402 firearms and tens of thousands of rounds of ammunition from Kalinoski's North Riverside home Sunday after arresting him and finding a crack pipe on him.

Kalinoski, a 17-year State Police veteran, was charged Tuesday with having a firearm while using crack, selling guns and ammunition to a felon and transferring guns knowing they will be used to commit drug-related and violent crimes.

Kalinoski, 60, admits in secretly taped conversations that he helped stir up a war between gangs in south suburban Maywood--the Black P Stones and the Four Corner Hustlers--apparently by selling guns to both gangs. The town has been plagued by gang shootings.

A court affidavit by U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives Agent David Balkema paints a portrait of a retired cop gone to seed, driving around in a brown-and-white Ford Econoline van and selling guns out of it for crack or cash.

In court Tuesday, Kalinoski wore the look of a beaten-down basset hound, stubble coating his jowls.

In 2001, Kalinoski got into trouble for illegal gun sales but beat the state case and got back more than 500 guns that were seized. Some of those guns, investigators suspect, Kalinoski sold again.

Federal prosecutor David Hoffman said Kalinoski should remain behind bars until trial because he's a danger to the community. Kalinoski will have a bond hearing May 13.

Maywood investigators, who developed key evidence in the case, are looking to see if he sold guns in several possibly gang-related shootings in town, including one last Thursday in which seven people were wounded.

The raging war between the Maywood gangs came up as the gang-banger on tape looked over Kalinoski's guns for sale.

"You got enough s--- in here to start a mother------- war," the gang-banger says.

"More than that," Kalinoski says, "I think I already did."

Another time, the gang-banger says: "You got some s--- around here. You like you're bin Laden, god------."

"When ATF comes a knocking," Kalinoski said, "I'm going to be f-----."

Kalinoski operated a gun shop called Dekalin Ltd. out of his home in the 1980s, according to a law enforcement source. He dissolved the company in 1988, state records show. In June 2002, he lost his federal license to sell guns because he failed to renew it, authorities said.

In 1976, Kalinoski joined the Illinois Bureau of Investigations, which later merged with the State Police. He retired as a sergeant in general investigations in 1993.

He had no black marks on his State Police record, said Master Sgt. Lincoln Hampton, a State Police spokesman.

Kalinoski's mother defended her son Tuesday, calling him a good cop who'd never betray his badge, even after retirement.

"I know my son would never sell a gun to a criminal because he's been on the other side of these criminals all these years working for the State Police," said Barbara H. Verchota, who is 80. "He's not the kind of person who would take drugs either. I know he hooked up with a woman who did drugs, but he's been sort of a health nut."

Sometimes, Verchota said, her son would even sell guns out of her home.

Link Posted: 5/7/2003 1:29:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
[blue]Well, you might ask the local sheriff's dept here. When I was 21, they confiscated a revolver they found in my trunk during a traffic stop. (I was "weaving", they said.) They initially said the gun was stolen, but I was later able to demonstrate that it was not with the original bill of sale. No number of appeals would get them to return my property. They claimed it was "destroyed" before the "mistake" was noticed. Now ask me if I'm afraid of cops. Why the fvck wouldn't I be afraid of people who steal impunity? I can tell you that no one is every going to confiscate a weapon of mine again.
View Quote
[/blue]

[red]
View Quote
[/red]

What part of this was difficult for you to comprehend OLY-M4gery?

[size=2][blue] post and statement[/size=2] [/blue]

[size=2][red] simple question[/size=2][/red]

Don't say you understood everything, because you are acting like I am the criminal or liberal for asking a simple question.

View Quote

No NUMBSKULL, what I'm saying is your gun was taken ILLEGALLY, AND DESTROYED ILLEGALLY.

You don't have to prove that your gun isn't illegal or stolen. The police have to PROVE it is illegal, stolen, or used in a crime to get it confiscate it, legally. DOU YOU UNDERSTAND THAT?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top