Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/4/2003 8:36:39 AM EDT
Guys I just had the wife chop up and fry some left over baked potatoes from yesterday and I have to tell ya, they were the best fried potatoes I ever ett. I'm one who likes the skins on their baked potatoes burnt a little, I like the stronger flavor burning them gives and because I like the burnt taste so well I asked the wife to leave the burnt skins on the potatoes. She added chopped onions to the coarsely chopped potatoes and fried the mixture in a little butter, man what a great taste and smell. The potatoes were not overly moist or soft, they actually dried out from yesterday and chopped well. I hope you try Sniper Breakfast Potatoes soon, you'll be amazed at the great flavor day old slightly burnt baked potatoes offer.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 8:40:24 AM EDT
Mmm...Burnt potatoes...Mmm....
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 8:45:54 AM EDT
I agree about how burning the outside giving better taste when I cook my taters for mashing. I like russits. I cook the taters all the way through in the microwave, then I cover them in olive oil and salt. I then put them on the grill to crisp the outsides. The grilling makes one hell of a difference in taste. Try it, you'll like it [:P]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 8:56:55 AM EDT
Thanks CAPITALIST, sounds good, will try them out the next time we grill.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:52:56 AM EDT
Whenever we cook potatos I always toss in several extras just for dem dark brown/black potato morsels with onions for the next day. I love over-easy or sunny-side up eggs on 'em too![banana] Damn, now I'm hungry for breakfast and I just finished lunch...
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:56:52 AM EDT
Am I the only one wondering why the title of this thread is 'sniper' breakfast potatoes? I like 'em with a brown coating on the outside.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 8:07:32 AM EDT
OK, but where are the pics?? (with gun, knife, tape measure....etc.)
Top Top