Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/3/2003 9:56:17 PM EDT
I bought a 6 pack, and it not only is in a different bottle now (regular long-neck), it also tastes cheaper. WTF? Actually it doesn't taste very good.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 10:08:41 PM EDT
Tastes the same to me, but they did come out with a new Michelob Ultra, and that shit does taste cheap. I drink Michelob Light [:D]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 5:19:06 AM EDT
Haven't tried reg. Michelob in a while. Don't know. Have they dropped Michelob Dark? That was my favorite steak grilln' beer. I can't find it anywhere around here.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 5:24:03 AM EDT
What, it doesnt taste nastier the more you drink it? I think Michelob sucks! Then again, I aint a "beer snob" [:D]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 7:50:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/4/2003 7:51:21 AM EDT by DiggityDank]
Have they dropped Michelob Dark? That was my favorite steak grilln' beer. I can't find it anywhere around here.
View Quote
By Michelob Dark, do you mean Amberbock? They still make that in full force.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 8:25:07 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Fruit_of_the_Looms: Haven't tried reg. Michelob in a while. Don't know. Have they dropped Michelob Dark? That was my favorite steak grilln' beer. I can't find it anywhere around here.
View Quote
Yes they droped the dark, and I use to like that stuff. The amber bock tastes like crap.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 8:30:55 AM EDT
Originally Posted By prk: I bought a 6 pack, and it not only is in a different bottle now (regular long-neck), it also tastes cheaper. WTF? Actually it doesn't taste very good.
View Quote
Check the bottle. I bet its Michelob Lager. Thats all I'm seeing stores now. It's to sweet for me. I buy alot of Michelob. Between my Father and I, we go through a keg of it every two weeks. It's one of my favorites.[beer]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 10:27:35 AM EDT
The CEO's of Anhaueser-Busch, Guinness, and Coors go out to a bar for drinks one night. The CEO of A-B orders a Bud. The CEO of Coors orders a Coors. The CEO of Guinness orders a glass of water. The other two CEOs look at him in amazement and ask "why water"? The CEO of Guinness replies: "If you guys aren't going to drink beer, then neither am I." [:D]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 10:35:27 AM EDT
I used to drink Mic Light almost exclusively, but a couple years ago the tatse went downhill IMHO. I now drink Bud Light or Bud Ice Light when I can find it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 6:11:32 PM EDT
Originally Posted By CAPITALIST:
Originally Posted By prk: I bought a 6 pack, and it not only is in a different bottle now (regular long-neck), it also tastes cheaper. WTF? Actually it doesn't taste very good.
View Quote
Check the bottle. I bet its Michelob Lager. Thats all I'm seeing stores now. It's to sweet for me. I buy alot of Michelob. Between my Father and I, we go through a keg of it every two weeks. It's one of my favorites.[beer]
View Quote
That's it. Lager. Don't know what style the real stuff was (in the no-neck, curved bottle) -- pilsner?
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 6:15:35 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 6:23:08 PM EDT
Originally Posted By lordtrader: Michelob?!?!?! [puke][puke][puke] Why not drink REAL beer insead of that back wash. Like: Guinness Murphy's Gillespies Fosters Killians Red Sam Adams
View Quote
I'm unable to get any of those in a keg where I live. Michelob is a Damn Good Alternative and I get it at quite a discount when I order it through my Masonic Brothers in The Grotto[;)]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 6:47:14 PM EDT
I stopped drinking Michelob years ago. For some reason it makes me fart like a demon! 1 bottle is all it took - it was strange. No other beer does that to me....... ~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 7:06:54 PM EDT
Originally Posted By lordtrader: Michelob?!?!?! [puke][puke][puke] Why not drink REAL beer insead of that back wash. Like: Guinness Murphy's Gillespies Fosters Killians Red Sam Adams
View Quote
because some of us dont like drinking loaves of bread? [:)]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 7:33:27 PM EDT
Originally Posted By nwatson99: Tastes the same to me, but they did come out with a new Michelob Ultra, and that shit does taste cheap. I drink Michelob Light [:D]
View Quote
I think it's long gone but many years ago there was a Michelob Dry that was good. That [red]Michelob Ultra[/red]though[puke]some[puke]of[puke]the[puke] [red]nastiest[/red][puke]beer[puke]I've[puke]ever[puke]taste­d[puke][puke][puke][puke] I'm with LT on this, get something like Harp or Bass etc.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 10:47:12 PM EDT
Cant stand it either. I held my breath through the six pack, 3.2 to boot.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 12:54:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/6/2003 6:22:20 PM EDT by prk]
View Quote
Sounds like you're sayin' that Lone Star isn't real beer, either. Guinness - real good Murphy's - overrated, gimicky Fosters - real good Sam Adams - pthhhht! Black Star - mmmmmmmmmmmmmm Michelob actually used to be decent beer, maybe it was Michelob Dry I remember.
Top Top