BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 7:55:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Guess I don't know anybody that lives close enough to me
View Quote

Same here. The only person who lives close is [b]EladEflow[/b], and I've known him much longer than I've been on the board.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 8:05:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Because I can't hit a bull in the ass with a canoe paddle and don't want it spread all over the net by you gossippy bastards.
View Quote

Ditto.

TS
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 8:08:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Akira
Different and Mrs Different
Chiz45
MetalMasher
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 8:13:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 8:16:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I've met and shot with several people during my stay here in Arizona, and I've only had an AR and been a member here for a couple of months.
In fact, going this Sunday to blast away with some great people I'll miss when I go back home.

I'm extending a welcome in Baton Rouge to any and all members who head that way - just give me a month to get there! There's a new range popping up soon, can't wait to try it out.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 8:38:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I haven't cause I'm fat, ugly, only 4 feet tall and have a squeeky voice. I get buck fever just trying to hit the broad side of a barn.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 8:55:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I generally join the buffalo range shoots that the northern IL/southern WI guys go to...

A good excuse to go rifle shooting (since there are no rifle ranges in Milwaukee), and a chance to shoot stuff I don't have (I've gotten to fire a full-auto AK-47, an AR-50, Romak III PSL (Romanian 7.62x54 sniper AK variant), and so on... This would not have happened any other way (as those are some pricy guns))...

Not to mention good company...
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 11:01:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 11:15:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I've been shooting with:

Sheldon (friend, co-worker and regular shooting buddy)

Warlord (Nice guy!)

Would like to meet more members.

I usually go to San Gabriel Valley Gun Club and Angeles Shooting Range.

If I can't make it to those then (on rare occasion) I go indoors to LAX Firing Range in Inglewood or Sharpshooters in Torrance.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 11:27:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Because I'm antisocial.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 12:27:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Because I believe the stories you all say about the liberal weirdos in California.
One night about 1 a.m. I went down to a Taco stand in East L.A. close to my work.  I saw a guy standing in line with an A.R.15.com t-shirt. I asked if he was a member and he was. Girl that was with me from work found it strange that I would go up and talk to some stranger.  It does seem kind of surreal, two guys talking about rifles surrounded by Hispanics at 1 a.m.  Alas, I forgot his name now.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 12:41:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyway are there guys out there who have still never been out shooting with us? Why not?
View Quote

The lot of you scare me with all your evil looking black rifles [>(]

View Quote

I put Camo furniture on mine.

Does it still scare you?

It's not all black anymore, does that mean that it is not evil anymore?
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 12:44:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 1:17:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
If someone wants to go shooting in CT, I will be more than happy to go anytime.
View Quote

PF - Drop me an IM and let me know where/when.  I try to shoot a few times a month.

As for shooting with fellow ARFComers, I nhave the distinct pleasure shooting with:

Balzac72, Hoplite, Wave, green18 and a few others I don't know their screen names.

I always have a blast and really enjoyed getting a Guiness to go from the local Hooters on my 19th birthday!  Thanks guys, best birthday, ever!  

View Quote

I try to go shooting a few times a month myself, don't know anyone from the board but not afraid to meet to go shooting. If there is a CT shoot sometime, let me know.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 1:22:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I put Camo furniture on mine.

Does it still scare you?

It's not all black anymore, does that mean that it is not evil anymore?
View Quote

No, you see ... now you've added a very evil assault rifle feature that allows said weapon to blend maliciously into its surroundings.

I .. am now terrified of you
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 2:21:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 4:27:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Wait one second....

Wasn't it YOU that brought that to the last one?

Quoted:
I'm afraid someone will bring Tannerite.  [;D]
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 4:44:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Never been invited...

Swapped pistols with usma89, though. Nice guy.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 5:03:22 AM EDT
[#19]
I am a member of the OKC Gun Club and live in Edmond.
View Quote

Then you need to take ME!! I live in Edmond and I'm not a member.[:\]
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 5:14:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 5:21:27 AM EDT
[#21]
There are some members that live close, and it would be nice to meet them at a shoot, so far Mattsd and I are the only ones that go shooting.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 5:38:43 AM EDT
[#22]
I've met and shot with GovtThug and EODK9 - both GREAT guys, for a pair of JBTs[;D]
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 5:39:58 AM EDT
[#23]
OK, here is what you do. Find out were some of us crazy people are meeting. Show up by yourself, in a borrowed car, dressed like the last thing you wanna do is shoot a gun. Oh, yeah, make sure you let a responsible friend know what you are going so if you disappear, someone will miss you. Leave your guns in the trunk and walk around and scope out everyone. Leave your peace through superior firepower pin at home, it's a dead giveaway. Once you see what a fun bunch of guys we are you can walk up to the 'nicest' looking one and ask if they are with ARFCOM. [u][b]DO NOT[/b][/u] talk to the quiet, bug-eyed, loner guy sitting all by himself shooting 1" groups at 100 yards. He just might be one of 'us', but he may scare you. Uh, wait a minute, I just described half of the GA guys. Well, maybe not the 1" groups part though. You know who you are...[:D]

You can always meet at a gun show too. No loaded guns, you see.

Seriously though, I was skeert the first time I met these guys. They were easy to spot though. Evil black rifles. I guarantee you will have a great time, even if you end up shooting by yourself. Hell, you do that already now, don't you?!? And there is always Hooter's afterwards. It's a GA guys tradition!!

Don't forget to check the Hometown Forums!!!

Just do it!! You won't regret it.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 5:42:20 AM EDT
[#24]
i've been blessed to know and shoot with MANY  members from this board...and several other firearm boards.

bulletfest brings hundreds of ar15com'ers out. and every year more of you come out to meet your fellow shooters and spend some trigger time together.

i met many at the brc and i'll meet more at the convention this fall.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 5:42:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Guess I don't know anybody that lives close enough to me
View Quote

How close it has to be? Just yesterday I was shooting with Hound. He lives in Texas and I live in Finland and that´s not so close... [:D]

MN
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 5:50:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Too busy masturbating

-Nuke
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 6:00:53 AM EDT
[#27]
because none of you phukers live near Dunmor, KY.

if ya did, we could go to the coal mines and go shooting!
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 6:06:17 AM EDT
[#28]
anybody live near sinton, tx?

anybody ever heard of sinton, tx?

question answered
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 7:12:22 AM EDT
[#29]
I've never shot anyone from this board, but I shoot people all the time from DU.

Oh!  You said "shoot with"...  Well, I guess you could call it "with".
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 7:20:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Kinda lonely out here on the Oregon coast. Having spent a good part of my life moving about, (No, not business, dysfunctional lifestyle![:D]), I get VERY antsy when I leave my rural area. Hate crowds, and generally don't hang with people. I've talked with a few of you here in GD on the phone. Talked with a LOT of folks from the EE. For me, coming here is like a gun show without the crowd..... Some social interaction, and a little "bidness". There's a great bunch here, and my only burn was az_shooter.
I would like to get together with the SW Washington crowd, but the reality is I prolly won't drive that far. (Unless there's a big shoot, like BRC).
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 7:56:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Been to the Hun Farm twice and met a bunch of guys at the gunshows. Johnphin please come join the group, a sober recorder might make it even funnier later because we sometimes cant remember some stuff.[:)]

FourStringSlinger and TexRdnec go to the Texas forum in the Hometown area and look around. There is a monthly dinner in the DFW area and lots of spur of the moment get togethers. The Houston bunch seems to get together often too. As big as Texas is theres no excuse for us all not to get together. We also have a Texas contact list. E-mail Bung and give him your info. There may be someone closer to you than you think.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 11:07:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Anyway are there guys out there who have still never been out shooting with us? Why not?
View Quote

I have been shooting with several members of several boards. What I have learned is there a a pretty much fixed ration of 5:1 Good guys / Borderline insane video camera weilding trolls.

So I now go shooting with a small group of people from the boards, who I know will never end up on a A&E true crime drama. We are very careful about who we invite along after the video camera weilding anti social troll incident.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 11:22:42 AM EDT
[#33]
For the same reason I would have never seeked a date over the internet. Way to many strange folk.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 11:43:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
For the same reason I would have never seeked a date over the internet. Way to many strange folk.
View Quote

... That's too bad you feel that way. I agree about the womenz & dating part but shooters I've met on this board are pretty cool folk.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 1:34:47 PM EDT
[#35]
I have been shooting with Deadeye47 and CitizenSoldier and his wife but I forgot her nickname. I also met several of the guys from here at the recent gunshow in Tulsa. We usually go out to Happy Hollow in Sapulpa OK and it is nice and cheap.
Oh yes and as far as Deadeye47 out shooting me?!?!?!?!?!?
I have a wife and 4 boys that outshot him.
My six y/o had to teach him that Wolf ammo is crap ammo.
Na really Deadeye47 is one heck of a good shot.
For a guy so OLD!!!
Just Kidding!!! [}:D]
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 1:51:48 PM EDT
[#36]
I dont really know anyone in the area.  I'd love to meet a few guys from the board so I could get out and shoot more.

Keving67
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 1:57:39 PM EDT
[#37]
I've met and shot with a lot of people on this board. Get to a bigger shoot like Bulletfest or Southern.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 2:02:17 PM EDT
[#38]
I have!

Took Greywolf2112 to the range when he came to San Diego a couple of years ago.

Anyone who comes to San Dog is welcome to contact me.  I'll buy you a beer, and if we have time I'll take you to a range.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 2:10:47 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm kind of isolated.  I know there are guys north and south of me...100-150 miles.  I haven't been able to get both time and money together at the same time for the big shoots/gettogethers.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 2:15:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Yup, I've been shooting with a few of the Colorado members, even did some business with some of them!
Great bunch of guys.  Biggest problem I have is that I work weekends and the shoot get togethers are usually on the weekends.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 2:19:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Hold on a second, you mean I have to SHOOT all the ammo I buy. But would't that dirty my guns and maybe even risk breaking, scratching, them.
Also then I cannot claim that they are NIB or have less than 100rds thru them when I am trying to sell them later on.
And what am I supposed to do for ammo when thousands and thousands of Aliens/soldiers/zombies/looters/monsters/etc. start falling out of the sky and crawling out of the ocean and the SHTF and TEOTWAWKI comes and I have been out having fun with ARFCOM dudes(GASP) shooting my guns and ammo up?
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 2:33:26 PM EDT
[#42]
I have an excuse! I'm new here! Heh, both to the board, and relatively new to shooting. Don't have an AR yet but intend on getting one by mid-summer, hopefully.

But if anyone wants to meet me and show me some good ranges, my girlfriend lives in East Granby, CT and wants to get a .22, but can't afford the membership at the Hartford Gun Club.

I'm in NYC often and can make it out into Long Island and the area, and spend lots of time Upstate too along the Upper Delaware River Valley. About an hour from Scranton/wilkes-Barre, 20 miles north of Port Jervis.

I'm all for getting into the community, god knows my marksmanship could use your guy's advice heh.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 4:27:27 PM EDT
[#43]
1.Most of the CA members are too far from me for the most part..
anyone live near the Napa Valley>
2.short on money for ammo right now
3.Ranges are few and far between. HEre in CA, the one thing no one talks about is how we are losing our ranges due to people taking over the area and buliding houses.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 4:35:58 PM EDT
[#44]
I have been shooting with several members of several boards. What I have learned is there a a pretty much fixed ration of 5:1 Good guys / Borderline insane video camera weilding trolls.

So I now go shooting with a small group of people from the boards, who I know will never end up on a A&E true crime drama. We are very careful about who we invite along after the video camera weilding anti social troll incident.
View Quote

Details, please. This sounds like an interesting story.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 4:40:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 12:43:50 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I have been shooting with Deadeye47 and CitizenSoldier and his wife but I forgot her nickname. I also met several of the guys from here at the recent gunshow in Tulsa. We usually go out to Happy Hollow in Sapulpa OK and it is nice and cheap.
Oh yes and as far as Deadeye47 out shooting me?!?!?!?!?!?
I have a wife and 4 boys that outshot him.
My six y/o had to teach him that Wolf ammo is crap ammo.
Na really Deadeye47 is one heck of a good shot.
For a guy so OLD!!!
Just Kidding!!! [}:D]
View Quote
OLD! I see how ya are....takin shots at me in a old thread! And by the way if I hadn't told your six year old not to put my wolf hulls in your range bag while he was slaving to pickup your brass you would have had a mess to sort through when ya got home! So there baldy![nana]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 2:33:36 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
How close it has to be? Just yesterday I was shooting with Hound. He lives in Texas and I live in Finland and that´s not so close... [:D]

MN
View Quote

You know, that is just too cool.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 2:34:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Too busy masturbating

-Nuke
View Quote

You know, that is just too cool.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:05:12 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
...Anyway are there guys out there who have still never been out shooting with us? Why not?
View Quote

I have been around since the "old" board, and have shot with a few of the members in a structured setting.  Last week's Protactical Carbine Class, for example.

After seeing the photos of the informal gatherings and associated "drink a few beers and bump fire" activity, I'll bet that you can guess why some folks might be reluctant to join in.

Bud
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:26:36 AM EDT
[#50]
I've met "Boland/Canadian Tactical" ? at a SAFS awhile back and the L-Gunman locally but havn't ever run across any of the other local board regulars ...
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top