Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2016 7:06:28 AM EDT
So I've seen the old tv show Jericho mentioned several times before on this board.  Never seen an episode.  Started watching a few days ago on Netflix.  At first I thought it was pretty good, but a bit cheesy.  Just watched episode 16: Winter's End.  Man that episode was powerful.  Shows getting really good.  Thought I would share for those who have Netflix and haven't watched it.  

Really gets you thinking about your plan in case of a disaster where you might have to go a while without power or running water.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:27:09 AM EDT
[#1]
There's a lot of hate for that show. I happened to like it, cheesy, but I liked it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:31:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Reminds me that I still need to get that Nuke for my basement.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:36:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm surprised a show like that ever got green-lighted in the first place, so it's no surprise it got canceled, especially with the strike.

Some of it was cheezy and ham fisted, but some of it was subtle. Like the whole "Operation: Boxcar" thing. Oh, you mean Bock's Car? I bet the average viewer never even picked up on that.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:38:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Cheesy, campy, and low budget but I enjoyed it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:46:20 AM EDT
[#5]
all of the above.

they could have squeezed another season out of it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:53:14 AM EDT
[#6]
One of my all time faves.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:55:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Reminds me that I still need to get that Nuke for my basement.
View Quote

lol yeah, plenty of errors and plain ignorant b.s.

The whole mayor Green getting the Flu and then they treat it with antibiotics?  Influenza is viral.  You don't treat with antibiotics.  Those are for bacterial infections.  

However if you watch a show like the walking dead, which is full of crap like that, especially errors regarding firearms, you learn to ignore it and enjoy the show.  

I think it would have been better on cable, with a bigger budget.  Think same premise, but like the walking dead.  They wouldn't be able to put that show on today, it'd be touted at basically a copy of the walking dead.  

Still digging it though.  Gets you at least thinking about things survival wise.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 8:18:29 AM EDT
[#8]
From what I've read the comics are much better.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 8:40:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
From what I've read the comics are much better.
View Quote

After the series was cancelled, it was nice that they wrapped things up, that's for sure.

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 8:40:56 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I'm surprised a show like that ever got green-lighted in the first place, so it's no surprise it got canceled, especially with the strike.

Some of it was cheezy and ham fisted, but some of it was subtle. Like the whole "Operation: Boxcar" thing. Oh, you mean Bock's Car? I bet the average viewer never even picked up on that.
View Quote
According to the Wiki article, the show was cancelled before the writer's strike.

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 8:42:29 AM EDT
[#11]
I like the series, warts and all.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:07:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Loved that show, will have to re watch again this year sometime.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:13:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
According to the Wiki article, the show was cancelled before the writer's strike.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was cancelled for low ratings, everyone sent bags of peanuts to CBS, they brought it back, but ratings were too low again and it was cancelled a second time. Great show.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:38:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It was cancelled for low ratings, everyone sent bags of peanuts to CBS, they brought it back, but ratings were too low again and it was cancelled a second time. Great show.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

NUTZ!
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 11:06:19 AM EDT
[#15]
I watched it on DVD with the wife... I got so much bulk ammo from watching that show!

She'd turn to me and say "do we have enough 9mm?"

The answer, for the record, was always "no" as I fired up the computer...
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 11:11:01 AM EDT
[#16]
That was a great show.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 11:17:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Drinking game:

Take a drink every time Jake Green gets mad and starts to go at someone but is held back by whoever is nearby.

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 11:31:10 AM EDT
[#18]
It's another show that started with a lot of promise and mystery with the backdrop of basic human survival that got shafted by lazy writing and rushed story arcs.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 11:36:40 AM EDT
[#19]
yeah it was good

also Jeremiah is in the same vein.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:31:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If memory serves, they also moved the day and air-time a few times, which didn't particularly help.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:32:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
There's a lot of hate for that show. I happened to like it, cheesy, but I liked it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:40:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

If memory serves, they also moved the day and air-time a few times, which didn't particularly help.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

IIRC that is also a large reason why Firefly failed
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:47:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:01:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Really gets you thinking about your plan in case of a disaster where you might have to go a while without power or running water.
View Quote

You do know we have a board here that could help you with that?
In the "Outdoors" section: Survival Gear-Survival discussion.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 3:06:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm well aware.  GD is more entertaining
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:54:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Finally finished the series.  Seems like they rushed the last few episodes.  Ended ok.  Still left questions unanswered.  Overall I'd rate it a B-.  

One thing that pissed me off about the show was it was another one of these episodes where the "good guys" continually get shit on, their families are killed, their friends are killed, they are starved, jailed, and tortured.  They get threatened with being wiped out, and they continually puss out at every juncture.  No one gets pissed off and says fuck you and starts shooting people in the face.  I found myself yelling at the TV to just kill the fucking badguys already.  In that aspect, it was completely unsatisfying.  

By contrast, the show the Walking Dead.  Rick gets shit on at first, has enough, then when he sees a threat, he fucking shoots it in the face and drives on.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:00:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Looks like it was on before. I have episodes already watched.
Will have to start over.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top